Parts Car/ Rebuilder | FerrariChat

Parts Car/ Rebuilder

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by sherrillt, Nov 3, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sherrillt

sherrillt Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 1, 2009
    Northern Virginia
  2. rpissm

rpissm Formula 3

Aug 11, 2013
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Does it say anywhere what happened to it? Assuming blown engine cuz the body looks acceptable?

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk

3. sherrillt

sherrillt Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 1, 2009
    Northern Virginia
    No, I would speculate it was a hard slide that took out the gearbox and underside. I've seen that type of accident(s) before, where the car goes hard over curbs and semi airborne gutting almost everying underneath, but typically the bent suspension damage shows the direction of the slide. This one does not show all those telltale sign. Looking at the interior pic you can see it's missing the parking break handle and shifter and you can see signs of undercarriage damage from all the provided pics as supporting indicators.

4. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    #4 Steve Magnusson, Nov 3, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2018
    Looks more like an abandoned salvage restoration to me -- no big body hits now present, but a lot of panel misalignments all over it. Did the taillight lenses just pop off? ;)

PS Should I believe the 4,913 mile odometer reading?

5. thehick

thehick Karting
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 18, 2006
    VA
    What’s in the pickup truck?

6. Jon Von Bon

Jon Von Bon Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 8, 2015
    Toronto / Florida
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    I don’t understand how such beautiful cars end up this way. Red/Black testerrosa is a spectacular car.

7. rpissm

rpissm Formula 3

Aug 11, 2013
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    So, I worked some magic and teased the whole VIN from that listing. Here was the eBay listing from April where it sold for 30k. Says it was nearly complete with a new front clip. Sooo, seems like the dude who bought it for 30k wrecked it even further (undercarriage is listed as a site of damage) and is now looking to unload it for a buy it now of 50k? Hmmmm...

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F152974742837

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk

8. Schulz308

Schulz308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2014
    STL USA
    The car had severe damage to the rocker panel and floor pan back when it was on Ebay. I tried to buy it for 25K and the winning bidder paid 30K I think.

The chassis is severely bent and not worth the effort to make road worthy again. Truly a mess. One of the fenders was fiber glass and there were many extra parts if memory serves. We wanted to break/part it out.

The Ebay buyer must be facing reality and cutting it loose after putting some effort in. Its not better than 25K to me even now.

sherrillt likes this.
  9. Schulz308

Schulz308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2014
    STL USA
    Oh , and the entire front clip that had been hit hard was removed and another welded on by non Ferrari techs. Lots of scratch your head moments could be buried in there!

Stefan328gts likes this.
  10. phrogs

phrogs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 13, 2004
    Michigan
    That website erepairables is just click bait they have none of the cars listed. They cherry pick from around the internet. They don't update the site either.

Anyway the real copart auction. Vin
    ZFFSG17A5L0083357

https://www.copart.com/lot/45711098

11. phrogs

phrogs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 13, 2004
    Michigan

You mean they possibly were not drunk and actually welded beads with penetration?

12. Veedub00

Veedub00 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2006
    Troy, Michigan
    Full Name:
    James
    the elusive No-Specchio. Very Rare.

Schulz308 likes this.