***Parts Search Please Help*** | FerrariChat

***Parts Search Please Help***

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by HavanaBrian, Mar 26, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. HavanaBrian

HavanaBrian Rookie

Apr 27, 2016
    Love Ferrari Chat! I have read for years but this is my first post and I hope someone can help

I have been searching for 15 months for this part and haven't been able to put the top down on my 1986 Mondial for like 8 months now.

I have looked EVERYWHERE for part #61703000 USA rh rear small window(passanger door) regulator.

Any thoughts?

2. moysiuan

moysiuan F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2005
    Canada
    They have generally not been available new for some time, but looks like Eurospares may now be reproducing them.

https://www.eurospares.co.uk/parts/ferrari/mondial-3-2-qv-1987/cooling-heating/glasses-39145/61703000

The original is probably rebuildable.

http://www.italiancarparts.com/rebuilt_parts/348_Mondial_t.html

does a rebuild with a core in exchange.

Red Bay Spares may have a good used one.

https://www.redbaycars.com/

I think there is a thread on here about an older Volvo unit fitting, but does not look like a simple bolt in project.

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/mondial-rear-windows-stuck-in-down.339623/page-3#post-142124532

You may want to do a few more diagnostic things to ensure the motor has actually failed, sometimes its a relay, fuse board or other electrical connection problem. No small project to replace, so you want to make sure it is actually failed. The thread noted had some people determining their unit was still good.

3. srephwed

srephwed F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2012
    street,md
    Full Name:
    fred brown
    If you look closely the motor has a cable that runs in a housing. That housing is split so you can see the cable. From non use my cable was froze slightly. With some well placed lubrication once I got it loose and a few trips up and down it works well now. May not be your problem but worth a look. Good luck

4. jkstevens2

jkstevens2 Formula Junior

Aug 25, 2015
    Winter Park, FL
    Full Name:
    JK Stevens
    I agree with srepwed..........my window sticks too. I think its the switch.

5. jkstevens2

jkstevens2 Formula Junior

Aug 25, 2015
    Winter Park, FL
    Full Name:
    JK Stevens
    My switch to the glove compartment did not work so I sat there and pushed it back and forth (like I was pressing it) about 100-200 times and then it magically started working.
    Try working on the window switch the same way.

6. ronfrohock

ronfrohock F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2004
    MA
    Full Name:
    Ron Frohock
    Use DeToxIt on the switches. It works miracles.

7. FamilyCar

FamilyCar Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 26, 2007
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Peter Goodall
    Before buying a new one I'd clean it out. There are several threads on how to remove the assembly, which you can search for. Mine got stuck while my car was getting a very slow belt change.

The cable that pushes the window up and down has a spring-like cable around it to make it into a screw. There is a head on the end of the motor (that the cable passes through the center of) containing bearings that (I believe) roll in the "threads" created by the spiral spring, such that when the head turns it screws the cable in or out. I had to grab the head with pliers and twist it to break the jam loose.

After that , a thorough cleaning and re-lubricating. I did remove the covers on the motor brushes, which allowed me to spray a bunch of cleaner in there as well. I did not dis-assemble the head, since I didn't want all the bearings to fall out.

With the assembly out of the car, I was able to run it up and down over and over to get it moving freely. The internal friction created by the cable being pushed through two loops is really high, and getting lubrication in the right spots is critical. It has worked fine since.

8. stekkefun4

stekkefun4 Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2006
    Belgium - Europe
    I think his question concerns the units that move the rear windows of a cabrio and not the motors in the doors. Yes, if it were those in the doors then there's plenty of reading material, but unfortunately the units of the cabrio rear windows cannot be opened for repair.