Passanger vents blow warm air | FerrariChat

Passanger vents blow warm air

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by nflpats, Oct 16, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. nflpats

nflpats Karting

Oct 7, 2017
    Full Name:
    Tobin Tracy
    #1 nflpats, Oct 16, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2017
    My AC only blows cold through the drivers vents and warm through the passenger vents. Not sure if this is a blend door actuator problem or just needs to be reset (read that somewhere)

2. good2go

good2go Formula Junior

Feb 9, 2016
    can you post your control settings.

3. nflpats

nflpats Karting

Oct 7, 2017
    Full Name:
    Tobin Tracy
    I had the controls set at the lowest on both sides with the AC button engaged. I also tried the mono button but same results. I tried all vent settings and same warm air on passenger side.

4. doccharlie954

doccharlie954 Formula Junior

Jul 27, 2010
    Had the same problem on my 12 CALI. It would blow hot in middle, then next time blow only under dash, then on passenger side. Dealer replaced module, STILL no luck. Ferrari advised to check grounds, STILL no luck. Only thing that worked was to turn car off for 3 minutes, open doors and let it reset itself. Sometimes it worked sometimes not. Dealer advised that CALI and 458 had this problem. Do I believe it? No, as my 16 CALI does not have this problem. Good luck as I know this is a royal pain in the arse!!

5. Jaguar36

Jaguar36 Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2010
    Cherry Hill, NJ
    Dunno if it would be a similar issue, but I had this problem on my BMW and it turned out to be a leak in heat exchanger. As it lost coolant only half of the heat exchanger would get cold and that was the side that fed the drivers side. replacing the heat exchanger and refilling the system fixed it.

6. nflpats

nflpats Karting

Oct 7, 2017
    Full Name:
    Tobin Tracy
    I'll try the 3 minute trick. The heat works, just the AC is problematic

7. mobinakhtar

mobinakhtar Karting

Jan 28, 2015
    May be worthwhile to check the Freon levels - In Mercedes, with personal experience, I can tell you that one side blowing warmer indicates low Freon. You can google it and you will see what I am talking about. My analogy is that Cali has Chrysler Audio - Chrysler shared technology with Daimler - it is therefore possible that HVAC gets this "feature" from Daimler-Mercedes setup.

My other guess would be damper doors that are used to mix air - but usually they would not affect an entire side.

8. nflpats

nflpats Karting

Oct 7, 2017
    Full Name:
    Tobin Tracy
    I thought about that as well. I scheduled an appointment already to have freon level checked. Hopefully that will solve the issue

9. OwenC

OwenC Karting

Aug 12, 2017
    My local Ferrari service guy pointed to me a 458 in their garage had the same issue you are experiencing. And he mentioned that problem causing it was a defective electronic module and they are just waiting for the part to come in.

Hope you can get the issue fixed soon.

10. mobinakhtar

mobinakhtar Karting

Jan 28, 2015
    Its funny - When my 97 e420 showed this symptom (in early 2001), the dealer wanted to replace the blend module as well. An indy that I used to frequent told me about the Freon being low - and blowing warm on one side and cold on the other - and boy was he right!

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w210-e-class/1582318-ac-blowing-warm-air-left-side.html

read the second post.

Disclaimer though - I know this to be true in Mercedes. But Ferrari........who knows.