Passenger compartment glove box not opening | FerrariChat

Passenger compartment glove box not opening

Discussion in '360/430' started by Razmatazz, May 1, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Razmatazz

Razmatazz Rookie

Apr 29, 2020
    Hello, I tried to do a search but nothing was coming up that had an answer.

Can’t seem to open it
    - the car is on
    - the associated fuse looks ok in the front trunk when removed but I don’t have a multimeter- visually doesn’t look blown
    - there is no string for the manual release - either it was removed or broken off but it’s no where visible even if I get underneath and dig around
    - I am not sure on how to remove the relay that’s associated with the passenger glove box compartment or how to test that

Is my only option unscrew the glove box and attach a manual release for now ?

2. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    #2 Qavion, May 1, 2021
    Last edited: May 1, 2021
    The relay just unplugs like a regular automotive relay. If you don't know if the fuse is ok, try interchanging it with, say, the horn fuse (AF10).

If that doesn't work, you could interchange the glovebox relay with the horn relay (AR12). The horn and glovebox fuses and relays have the same power rating.

Razmatazz likes this.
  3. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
  4. Razmatazz

Razmatazz Rookie

Apr 29, 2020
    I’ll give this a try thank you

5. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    Sorry, I forgot to ask something more basic... Is your ignition turned on? On the F360, I believe the spider only requires the ignition to be on, but I'm not sure about the F430. I only have one wiring diagram for the F430 glovebox and the diagram doesn't specify if it's for the spider or the coupe. Oddly, I found the diagram in a Scuderia manual which doesn't even have a passenger glovebox.

Maybe you could fill out your profile details with the type of car you have so the folks here don't have to ask you every time you have a problem ;)