Passenger Side View Mirror BLIND SPOT? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Passenger Side View Mirror BLIND SPOT?

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by Jcm91ca, May 23, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SoFLFerrari

SoFLFerrari Karting

Apr 23, 2015
    South FL
    TOMC - you da man! I indeed had overlooked that critical bit of language in the manual.

2. SoFLFerrari

SoFLFerrari Karting

Apr 23, 2015
    South FL
    BRUMMA - you are brilliant!

3. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C

😀 Pleasure to be of some small assistance. I've had my Cali for less than a month, and I am trying to learn one or two new features at a time...T

4. Noblesse Oblige

Noblesse Oblige F1 Veteran

Nov 7, 2011
    Three Places
    I don't know why Ferrari/Maserati don't equip their cars with compound angle mirrors on both sides. This enables the driver to change lanes, enter and leave major roads completely safely without hassle. Cheap and effective. Even my Fiat 500 has it.

5. Brumma

Brumma Karting

Jan 24, 2015
    West Hollywood, CA
    Full Name:
    Christopher

Happy to help!

6. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    I actually dislike compound angle mirrors, as they don't allow me to make confident lane changes. The multiple images can be confusing and distracting, and divide the mirror real estate into smaller images. If you are talking about convex mirrors, I'm not much a fan of those, either, even on the passenger side, but they're better than compound angle mirrors, at least for me. As they say, objects are closer than they appear. High speed driving is all about reliable, quick decision-making. You need 100% confidence in what you see and interpret as whether there is any object in those blind spots covered by the mirrors. Do the SAE method and that's as good as it gets. It works for me, anyway.

7. Brumma

Brumma Karting

Jan 24, 2015
    West Hollywood, CA
    Full Name:
    Christopher

Same here. I actually think the visibility is pretty good on our cars, so if my mirrors are set up correctly I don't have any problems.

8. SoFLFerrari

SoFLFerrari Karting

Apr 23, 2015
    South FL

Works perfectly!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

9. Noblesse Oblige

Noblesse Oblige F1 Veteran

Nov 7, 2011
    Three Places
    Yes, you do need to concentrate for a split second on the images being presented which does I suppose slightly slow down sharp changes in direction. Still, I find them useful and all around better than the single surface planar mirrors.

10. jyupitt

jyupitt Karting

Jul 14, 2015
    Nyc/Nj