Pat Tillman Killed in action in Afhganistan | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Pat Tillman Killed in action in Afhganistan

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Kds, Apr 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AnotherDunneDeal

AnotherDunneDeal F1 Veteran

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    Though I did not agree with the politics of it, I went and served in Vietnam and came home to people like yourself who cursed at me and spat on me at the airport when I got home. We need heroes to look up to not cowards who whine and bellyache. You and Slick Willy fill just about the same space-ZERO- in my opinion. But then, that is just my opinion.

2. normhuff

normhuff Formula Junior

Dec 14, 2003
    Peoria, IL
    Full Name:
    J. Norman Huff, Esq.
    "Dyin' ain't much of a livin' boy" - Josey Wales (Clint Eastwood)

3. normhuff

normhuff Formula Junior

Dec 14, 2003
    Peoria, IL
    Full Name:
    J. Norman Huff, Esq.
    I found Waldo in the first picture...

4. AnotherDunneDeal

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    Take a hike buster. You deserve a bat up the side of the head. You infuriate me with your total indifference. I hope I never have to depend on you to defend me or this country. I know it would go down the tank. I only wish you could spend a few minutes with some of the guys who went and defended the freedom you get to enjoy now. You would not survive it if you acted to them like you are here. But then, you don't have to show your face here do you????????????????????????????????

5. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    The Pat Tillmans' of this country are what have distinguished us and made us great. Most never get their names in the news, other than the obits, but like PT, fame is not what they pursue. The world is full of living cowards, and being a hero doesn't necessarily mean dying. Heroic actions happen because of who you are, and if you're cowardly, then that's who you are. Just as you're unlikely to fight for your country, you're also not likely to run into a burning house to save your neighbor or dive in front of a moving bus to save a child. Most moments of heroism don't provide time to think, but rather force you to act on instinct. All the reason to appreciate and respect the actions of our soldiers so much more, since they had the choice of whether or not to serve, and they chose to do so.

6. normhuff

normhuff Formula Junior

Dec 14, 2003
    Peoria, IL
    Full Name:
    J. Norman Huff, Esq.
  7. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Guys,

Can we please stay on topic, as there is no need for the personal attacks. This thread is about Pat Killmans death. I sense this thread is getting nasty, and there is real need for that. We are all grown ups here. If you want to discuss the merits of veterans or if the war is right or wrong, or who is a coward, please start a new thread in the Politics section. Thank you.

-Ryan

8. normhuff

normhuff Formula Junior

Dec 14, 2003
    Peoria, IL
    Full Name:
    J. Norman Huff, Esq.
    To honor Tillman’s memory, the St. Louis Cardinals football organization should create a tombstone made from Lucite filled with 32,000 $100 bills and Pat’s name inscribed on the front to indicate how much he was worth to them before leaving for military service…

9. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    James, I am going to nominate you for the bonehead of the year award. Before you start mouthing off, why don't you think for a minute what the family of Mr. Tillman might think if they read your words. Geeze, put it down.

Dale

10. maranelloman

maranelloman Guest

Agree 100%, Dale.

And I will be more blunt: Huff, you are a piece of *****. You ought to be ashamed of yourself.

11. WCH

WCH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 16, 2003
    Sad, sad news.

12. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    Quite an extraordinary story. Extraordinary person and soldier.

We salute him. He will be missed.

13. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    I could only wish I to be a tenth of the man Tillman was. He is a model for our youth, but not to overshadow all of the Tillman's that are serving our country today.

I am so proud to live in a country where there are men and women like him in the armed services. God rest him and all that went before him and bless our troops that are seeing action.

14. AnotherDunneDeal

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    Gosh, I thought you were calling me a bonehead and I was beginning to wonder...............I will not say anything else to the other James. He apparently does not care anyway and is totally insensitive................ Sorry if I offended anyone else in voicing my personal opinion of this persons perspective of it all.

To the family of Pat Tillman...You have my utmost respect for raising a son to be the man he was. I am sure he was and is loved. My he rest in peace and may peace come to all who are related to and knew him personally.

15. JSL

JSL Formula 3

Jan 5, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    J.S. Leonard
    AMEN!

16. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    I, of course, had the other James in mind.

17. fpb

fpb Karting

Dec 18, 2003
    MI, Chicago
    To compare the battle in the middle east to Vietnam is asinine. 56,000+ died in Vietnam (not the # you quote) versus approx. 700 have died in the middle east. If you are tired of your government then why don't you leave?

BTW: Yes, you did make me mad. Spoken like a true Frenchman.

I couldn't agree more with peters, JSL, etc. Pat Tillman was a true American hero.

18. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    "I am in the United States Marine. I fight for all of you. I do not require your thanks or respect. I absolutly do not. The fact that you give it fills my heart sometimes. For you I serve, I protect, I fight, I die. For you."

I cant believe norm. To think this is one of the people I and Pat, am/were sworn to die to protect. I suppose he will not get it till the barbarians come over his hill to rape his daughters and wife. Oh wait!!! They won’t!!! Because of PEOPLE LIKE PAT!!!!! I dont mind fighting for people that cant fight for them selves, but for people like norm that WILL NOT because they are scared. Well...... (sigh)

norm, you are true slime and do not deserve the freedom Pat and the others like him gave you. Remember he signed up after 9/11? What did you think of the that attack on us? Guess the people in the WTC deserved it huh?

I wish Pat to rest in piece. He will not be forgotten, and we will continue the fight for freedom for him. Well, norm won’t, he's back there under his bed, but we don’t count him as American now anyway.

DrS

19. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

Liberals are the pallbearers of society

It is because of the hundreds of thousands of Tillman's in your country that people like John Kerry's supporters can speak freely as evidenced on this thread......and so be it, it shouldn't be any other way......for when "they" speak the rest of you will remember that there is an election in November......and vote accordingly.

You absolutely DO NOT want to take away freedom of speech from liberals. Because once it is gone......they "will" get their way. They are more dangerous than the terrorists themselves whose actions they support with their own voices.

20. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    That Ranger died for us Huff, including you. Your disgusting.

R.I.P.

21. AnotherDunneDeal

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    And to think, those who serve and die are doing so to protect the freedoms we all take for granted. Pat Tillman died to protect Huffman's right to say what he thinks. Isn't it ironic that he would be shown so little respect by this spineless (yes I am talking about you Huff) coward who can hide behind his keyboard. Let him speak to us face to face and see if he will espouse the same crap. I would be someone would be more than willing to close his pietrap for him in a hurry. But then, I served in Vietnam and did not agree with it politically but did it for the good of the nation or so I thought. I did not expect any thanks but did it because the country called.

I live in a wonderful nation with more freedoms than I can describe. For those who have not spent time in other places, they do not realize actually how good we have it here. It is not perfect but is the best available. And I challenge anyone to find a place better. I may not agree with the government and how it operates things but I love this country and would serve again to protect our values and our right to exist in the manner we do....................

22. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Maybe the guy was having a bad day. Who knows?

Perhaps because I grew up in the Navy, I'm a little more sensitive about this than some. Regardless of your politics, how one cannot have a high degree of appreciation for the men and women who serve our country beats me. Everytime something like this comes up, I can't help but to picture what it must have been like for those guys in the ready room who were just out of flight school to hear that thier mission was to fly torperdo bombers against the Japansee fleet that was 300 miles away. Not only had none of them ever practiced launching torpedos, but their planes only had a range of 500 miles. You do the math. Of the three squadrons that left, only one man survived.

The year was 1942. The nearest land was a little island called Midway.

One thing for sure, Freedom ain't free.

DrTax

23. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
  24. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
  25. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    This Huff guy lives in Peoria, IL. Anyone live near him??? I wish I did.