Paul Richard 2018 | FerrariChat

Paul Richard 2018

Discussion in 'F1' started by 365GTC, Mar 25, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 365GTC

365GTC Rookie

Dec 29, 2003
    Lexington, Virginia
    Best places to watch on the track, places to stay and purchase tickets. First race since 2008, so any sage advice is welcome!

2. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Bring a telescope if you wish to see the cars at Paul Ricard.

3. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    As with every other Grand Prix the best place to buy the tickets is from the track's official website

The problem with there not having been a major race for so long is no-one know what will be the best place to watch nor realistically what access will be like and where is available at this stage to stay (since there never was much around for maybe fifty miles)

4. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    It's a bit pricey,... but Williams sells 2 of the best seats. It's right behind the steering wheel. Contact Claire to inquire on price and availabilty.

jgonzalesm6 and 375+ like this.
  5. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Hahahah excellent:)

Stay in Bandol on the coast nice little town, book asap though. Turn 1 and the braking area for the back straight chicane will see all the overtaking, Do NOT bother with the last turn nothing happens there. I have tested several cars on that track and yes you feel very far away from the walls, it is as safe (just 3 or 4 fatalities ever) as it is bland....but it is a very nice tool to develop cars. Hard to tell how the racing will be though, I hope better with more overtaking than today's.
    I wish I could go but I will be in Bavaria and at the Geneva Concours for work.

For a swim go to the calanque du Port d'Alon, a wonderful cove between cliffs just east of St Cyr sur mer.

Commuting to the track will be a pain but they plan to have a lot of buses and some roads will be for buses only, not that there are a lot of roads up there.

Oh and t is Paul Ricard not Richard. Named after the late alcohol drinks magnate who built it.

6. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    That was my impression also. All the cars seemed really far away. Maybe its changed but its not a fan friendly venue. Getting in and out was a nightmare.

Best thing is when you're out you're in the South of France.

If you want the French experience -- Montreal. Awesome venue for fans and great city.

Bas likes this.