Pauper's VII (October 15th - 18th) | Page 12 | FerrariChat

Pauper's VII (October 15th - 18th)

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by Modenafan, Apr 15, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jm348

jm348 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 21, 2007
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeff M
    Eric summed it up best on his prevoius post but I would like to thank Jeffrey, Jon and Eric again...This was my 4th run and they do keep getting better. I had a great time with everyone!! Looking forward to the next one!! :D

Jeff

2. cpiguy

cpiguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 3, 2007
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    Arnie Friedman
    #277 cpiguy, Oct 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. nineball

nineball Rookie

May 10, 2006
    so cal
    #278 nineball, Oct 19, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2009
    Big thanks to all involved.

This was my first Paupers run and it was absolutely Awesome!

Even though I got my first speeding ticket. I was the guy who got nabbed on the second run. I was trying to catch up to the group after getting stuck behind three cars on the way up. Ticket was written for 98 in a 55 zone.

Great group of guys and gals.

4. 3forty8

3forty8 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 25, 2006
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Eric
    That sucks - the officer didn't have his radar gun on until he passed the first few of us, then our detectors started lighting up. I have no idea if these "ticket fixers" work, but I saw the ads all over the place (for them and others) in Vegas:

http://www.theticketfixer.com/tickets.html

5. Modenafan

Modenafan F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 19, 2004
    Moorpark
    Full Name:
    Jon
    So sorry to hear about the ticket but I'm glad you enjoyed yourself. It was a pleasure having you along and look forward to seeing you again. :)

6. TimsBlack16M

TimsBlack16M Formula 3

Jan 27, 2005
    Agoura Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    My seventh Pauper's Run, and they keep getting better! Special thanks to Jon, Eric, Auto Gallery and Penske/Wynn for contributing the energy and resources that made this Run such a memorable experience. Most important, a warm hearted thanks to all of the participants who's friendship forms the foundation of this memorable event.

Tim

7. LeonG360

LeonG360 Formula Junior

Nov 24, 2007
    Calabasas
    Great looking car Arnie, congrats! Can't wait to see the modded version :D

8. swede

swede Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 4, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    #283 swede, Oct 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    My first Pauper's run and both my wife and I had an awesome time! A big thank you to the organizers (Jon, Eric, Jeffrey). I can only imagine the amount of time spent putting an event like this together. The Mt. Charleston drive was incredible. Big thanks to The Auto Gallery for the support vehicle, the lunch and generous service gift card. Also a thank you to Penske/Wynn Ferrari (Richard and his team) who washed and serviced our cars! A hotel with a Ferrari dealership in it, why stay elsewhere :)

Most memorable - Having met all the great people that was on the run and put names and faces to some of the Fchat handles.

Not so memorable – wearing down the F1 clutch driving thru Barstow on way home.

A couple of pics below
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. Way2fast

Way2fast Formula 3

May 24, 2006
    Santa Barbara County
    Full Name:
    Sam
    I did not think it would be smart to try and explain to him that 91 MPH is really going slow compared to the rest of my weekend.

10. Way2fast

Way2fast Formula 3

May 24, 2006
    Santa Barbara County
    Full Name:
    Sam
    '

Thank God he did not come around as I was passing you just before. He probably would arrested me

11. Way2fast

Way2fast Formula 3

May 24, 2006
    Santa Barbara County
    Full Name:
    Sam
    That car is going to be an awesome track car. It will run circles around the M6

12. Testarossa Lover

Testarossa Lover F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Haig Barsamian
    Thank you Todd... it was a fun ride back...

13. jabramson

jabramson Formula Junior

Jun 3, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    It was great seeing everyone again. Hats off to Penske-Wynn Ferrari. Richard, Kevin and the crew took great care of all of us. Opening up on Saturday to help everyone that needed it was over the top. They are a wonderful crew that made all of us feel at home. I'd go there anytime without question.

The guys at Auto Gallery with their roadside assistance, sweeping our routes and lunch date was more than any of us could have asked for.

To everyone that participated, it was great to hang out with all of you again and for the first time. Couldn't have picked out a better group of people to spend the weekend with. I think it was fun had by all.

Eric, Jon and Jeffrey, thanks for putting the time in to fill up the weekend with a whole lot of fun. Maybe we can do a mini Paupers Run down south. No reason to wait so long for the next one.

It was a great (but ever so reserved) ride back home with a number of you (thanks for lunch Haig) (can't wait to get your pictures and video Todd!). After the many miles and hours behind the wheel I almost got nailed by a motorcycle cop about 1 mile from my house pulled off to the side with a radar gun. Now that would have ruined things a bit. Till next time. Jeff

14. definitive

definitive Rookie

Feb 13, 2009
    Hello again everyone,

I wanted to see if any one who has pics or video from the trip and would be willing to share the raw or hi-res files with me, I would like to compile all of our shots and some video into the final version of the video Im working on.

I plan on putting the final version onto DVD's for whoever wants one.

Please PM me and we can figure out how to get the files to me!

Thanks,
    Jamie

15. vungul

vungul Karting

May 12, 2006
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    Full Name:
    Tony Napoli
    My third pauper's run and did not get to drive much, but what a town, what a place and what great people to pass the time with. Got a flat on the way up and a cracked rim, but without the support from Auto Gallery and for some real heroics by Richard at Penske/Wynn Ferrari, I would have been in for a much larger repair bill and no drive time whatsoever. Big thanks to Jon and Eric for planning a truly epic event. Looking forward to the next one for sure.

16. DavidsF355Spider

DavidsF355Spider Formula Junior

Jul 3, 2005
    Torrance, California
    Full Name:
    David
    Thanks to Jon, Eric and Jeffrey. Had a great time and was able to make it to my first drive ( too drunk the night before last time) but had some problems half way into the drive.
    A BIG thanks to Rich at Penske/Wynn Ferrari, he made it possible for me to go on the drive by fixing my shifting problems and then being there on Saturday to look at my car. Thought it was a waterpump but thank god it was only two small hoses. His service was top notch.