Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance - 2021 | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance - 2021

Discussion in 'Events Discussion' started by Rossocorsa1, Dec 31, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. HMB-Dino

HMB-Dino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 28, 2010
    Pebble Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    RonG
    Two different golf courses, so no conflict.

2. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    Perhaps just trying to consolidate and save on event infrastructure planning, vendors, etc ?

3. HMB-Dino

HMB-Dino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 28, 2010
    Pebble Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    RonG
    I've stopped playing both those golf courses because of the poor maintenance, which is a shame because they're very challenging (I was playing both every week). I think they (golf course management) think they can maybe get a little more money out of the car events than they would if they allowed play on Bayonet like in past years. With the current conditions, some damage from all the cars sitting on the fairways will hardly be noticeable.

BigTex likes this.
  4. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    According to CI's latest email announcement received this am, looks like my guess ^^ was fairly accurate.

5. HMB-Dino

HMB-Dino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 28, 2010
    Pebble Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    RonG
    I stand corrected...both events will be on the Bayonet golf course (likely the 18th fairway as usual) on back-to-back days. Although they also typically take over the 18th fairway of the Blackhorse course as well for overflow.

6. Balsamina

Balsamina Formula Junior

May 19, 2010
    San Francisco Area
    Full Name:
    S
    It will be interesting to see how well the golf course holds up for Concorso. Prior Werks Reunions have had lots of car & foot traffic.

7. HMB-Dino

HMB-Dino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 28, 2010
    Pebble Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    RonG
    I think Concorso is bigger than Werks. And as I said, the course is in tough condition now, so it can't get much worse.

8. Balsamina

Balsamina Formula Junior

May 19, 2010
    San Francisco Area
    Full Name:
    S
    ^^^
    Can't be worse than the Marina airport! :p

375+ likes this.
  9. HMB-Dino

HMB-Dino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 28, 2010
    Pebble Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    RonG
    Unless the Marina airport has a golf course, you missed the point. Bayonet golf course is in terrible condition (for a golf course), which is a shame because it's a challenging course. Having a bunch of car sitting on the fairway(s) with possible oil leaks will only make the golf course worse than it is already.

10. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    building a dam and or not destroying them would go a long ways to solving the problem.

11. GaryK

GaryK Karting

Aug 23, 2011
    California
    Full Name:
    Gary
    plastique999 likes this.
  12. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Any confirmation on what Ferrari’s will be in the concours this year?

13. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Class M1 Ferrari GT (5 or 6 cars)
    Class M2 Ferrari Competition (6 cars)
    Ferraris by Pininfarina, early (7 cars)
    Ferraris by Pininfarina, late (8 cars)
    Cars raced in the Carrera Panamericana Mexico (3 cars)
    Pebble Beach Road Race Winners (3 cars)

Marcel Massini

14. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Thank you, Marcel. Will you be making it this year?

15. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    European tourists/visitors are still completely banned from entering the U.S. (thanks to Covid). We simply cannot travel to USA anymore.
    This ban hasn't been lifted since March 2020, I don't see a chance, although I've booked flights, hotels, rental and am ready to jump in a plane immy.
    Americans can travel to Europe without any issues but we are not allowed to enter the U.S.
    All very frustrating.

Marcel Massini

Texas Forever and 375+ like this.
  16. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    I can imagine. Somehow, I hear about people coming and going, though I don't know the circumstances. Maybe they have some special reasons. I hope to see you there.

17. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    The ONLY way to enter the U.S. is if you have a special work invitation/permit from some American company for a specific job at a specific date and a specific location in the U.S., plus you must have a visa. Getting an U.S. visa alone takes six to ten weeks, according to the US embassy in Switzerland.
    No further comment.

Marcel Massini

Texas Forever likes this.
  18. GaryK

GaryK Karting

Aug 23, 2011
    California
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Does anyone know what Ferraris FNA will be displaying at the special display in Carmel on Thursday of Car Week? See quote from the Carmel Pinecone newspaper below.

"Ferrari of North America is proposing a one (1) block event on Dolores Street between Ocean and Seventh Avenues, featuring a display of Ferrari's Monza's, worth 1.8 to 2 million dollars per car. It will be the first time these cars are displayed in one location at the same time. Cars would be visible for public viewing and a private luncheon for the car owners would be held at a local restaurant. Event set-up will be from 5:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.. The proposed event will be from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, August 12 with breakdown from 5:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m."

19. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Ferrari Monza SP1 and SP2.
    One of these will be a special darkblue one with a gorgeous stripe.

Marcel Massini

20. GaryK

GaryK Karting

Aug 23, 2011
    California
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Marcel

Thank you. I would assume that there will be other Ferraris in support of the SP1 and SP2 in the Carmel display. Do you know anything further?

Gary

21. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    I am still searching for this "dislike"- button here... :mad:

22. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    I recognize that I’m in the minority, but I love the crowds at Monterey Car Week. The more the merrier. It’s the greatest auto event in the world. It shouldn’t be some small gathering.

23. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    This one is supposed to be there. Image Unavailable, Please Login

colombo2cam likes this.
  24. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    What is the show called? I haven't seen that listed on What's Up Monterey website. what is the restaurant called? Does anyone have a list of what cars will be shown besides the two SPs? ? I am surprised it is happening because I thought the city of Carmel wanted the tour cars out of there on Thursday and now there's this smaller show...

25. HMB-Dino

HMB-Dino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 28, 2010
    Pebble Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    RonG
    City Council voted to allow Concours on the Ave (Tues), Prancing Ponies (Wed, but requested it to be moved to Thurs...which is what Prancing Ponies site currently shows) and Ferrari Monza exhibit (Thurs). So only 2 days of events in Carmel for 2021.