Pellet smoker | FerrariChat

Pellet smoker

Discussion in 'Drink, Smoke, and Fine Dining' started by dersark_painclinic, Nov 26, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dersark_painclinic

dersark_painclinic Formula Junior

Mar 8, 2005
    Glendale, CA
    Full Name:
    Lazik Der Sarkissian
    Hello guys, with Holliday season around the corner I would like to threat myself with a pellet smoker for ease of work. The one made by Traeger is awefully expensive, the same thing adervertized by Cabelas is about $ 300 less, any expert opinion appreciated.
    Sark

2. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I've heard that the tragger branded ones start falling apart after some time. But I have no proof.

My friend just bought one made by a local company and loves the hell out of it. He's literally had it one week and used it probably 5 times already.

3. joker57676

joker57676 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 12, 2005
    Sin City
    Full Name:
    Deplorie McDeplorableface
  4. dersark_painclinic

Mar 8, 2005
    Glendale, CA
    Full Name:
    Lazik Der Sarkissian
    I have the same feelings, I am going to be an occasional smoker so price matters. Cabales price is reasonable and a company you can trust on. In reality you want a product that works for you trouble free rather than a reputable company behind it to replace it with each unreasonable issues. The only thing can go wrong on these smokers is the motor the rest is just a grill.
    Thank you.

5. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    That's probably the best bet, get the cheap one and see how you like it and how often you use it. Then get the more expensive one in a few years.

6. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Is yours electric, or do you do you have it connected to a gas line and batteries operate the module?

7. joker57676

joker57676 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 12, 2005
    Sin City
    Full Name:
    Deplorie McDeplorableface
    Electric. I run an extension cord to the smoker when I fire it up. I don't have a great place to put it near an electrical outlet just yet. At some point, I am going to have a concrete slab poured in a different area to hold my smoker, grill, and rotisserie.

8. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Thanks. I was just curious.

My friend does the same thing. He runs an extension cord from the patio near the pool to the side of his house, at least until he has the kitchen put in.

9. dersark_painclinic

Mar 8, 2005
    Glendale, CA
    Full Name:
    Lazik Der Sarkissian
    Jason, it is nice to have it in the porch area for ease of access and enjoyment. But somke will get inside the house and stay there for days, I thing far away from the house if you can is a better place to operate.