Penny stock crew - sign in | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Penny stock crew - sign in

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by cohiba_man, Jan 19, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    I am sure a lot of people wish that they jumped on that one. I have a feeling that it will fly like a brick in a windtunnel tommorow and lose every thing.

2. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    I meant to post this earlier,
    Sanofi-Synthelabo SA is close to unveiling a hostal takeover of a larger rival Aventis SA. The mostly stock bid would be valued at $63 billion.
    The Wall Street Journal has info on this.

3. cohiba_man

cohiba_man Formula Junior

Jan 23, 2003
    Canada
    Full Name:
    John
    Once its in the Wall Street Journal, the opportunity to get in cheap has passed, at least thats my way of seeing things...

4. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    I don't think they have this info, I meant info about the company. But you are right about reading it in the newspaper then going after it. Just think about how many inside deals go on befor the media even gets wind of big news. It's just a heads up. I wouldn't have posted it if I didn't think it was a buy reco.

5. cohiba_man

Jan 23, 2003
    Canada
    Full Name:
    John
    Whats the ticker/ market?

6. cohiba_man

Jan 23, 2003
    Canada
    Full Name:
    John
    SNY/NYSE, answered my own question. Its $37, whats your target PPS? I usually like stocks that have the possibility to go up 100% or more (well don't we all), because of the small amount I play with and at $37, doubling doesn't seem too likely.

7. ty (360mode)

ty (360mode) Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2002
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Tim
    anyone in on TASR? check out that 6 month chart...

thoughts on doing some straddles on ASKJ before earnings wed?? not sure if i'm convinced it will have the volatility i would want though.

glad i didn't try to catch the GLBT falling knife. hope it recovers for you guys. i'm gonna keep watching it though, could be interesting.

8. ntol

ntol Karting

Dec 19, 2003
    Clemmons, NC
    Full Name:
    Neil
    hey at .0001 $100 buys ya 1 mil shares.... could we actually go wrong?

anyone followed or have any info on this stock?

9. DropGems

DropGems Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Atlantic City, NJ
    I own 10 mil of cmkm. The price hasn't moved since and it won't until they find diamonds. It's a longshot but if it moves get ready for payday. And yes the price can still go down even though it's low as hell.

10. TimN88

TimN88 F1 Veteran

Jun 12, 2001
    Northeast
    Full Name:
    Tim
    I Biz technologies is going to move soon, too bad my accnt wont be open for a while to hop in on this. Early reports say that their infrared keyboard for PDA's are going to be high. I gues i'll have to sit this one out and find a pick of my own.

one question i have regarding these penny stocks is how does one nkow for sure they will move other than hearsay, at least until press releases come out, and by then its too late? By looking at financials, i can see that vew of these companies are actually making money and if they are, its not very much.

11. ralessi

ralessi Formula 3

May 26, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Rikk
    ya, what are your sources for these kinds of information? I would like to get into this for fun (and to possibly make some money)

12. DropGems

DropGems Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Atlantic City, NJ
    Well there are no gurantees that a stock is going to move for sure but for a stock like ibzt releasing a highly anticipated product like the virtual keyboard you can speculate that it will move.

13. cohiba_man

Jan 23, 2003
    Canada
    Full Name:
    John
    QUOTE:"reports say that their infrared keyboard for PDA's are going to be high."

What do you mean by that?

14. TimN88

TimN88 F1 Veteran

Jun 12, 2001
    Northeast
    Full Name:
    Tim
    i meant to say sales.
    this week sales start on their much anticiapted virtual infrarad keyboard.
    If i had my account open b ynow i would be looking for a good entry point tomorrow. Unfortunately my account wont be open for however long it takes for an application to get to scottrade by mail and then for them to get their **** together and activate it.

Anyway, who wants to talk long term investments? So far i will probably put some into GE and AT&T wireless. If anyone wants, i'll explain my reasoning behind this. I dont really want to get into penny stocks too much because i wont be able to follow the market throughout the day, maybe a look at lunchtime and a look at night.

15. Amir

Amir Formula Junior

Feb 15, 2003
    TX
    Any activity today?

16. cohiba_man

Jan 23, 2003
    Canada
    Full Name:
    John
    Downward activity. I'm out of everything for now because Im leaving for a vacation tonight.

17. AMG EATER

AMG EATER Rookie

Jan 28, 2004
    id like to get in some penny stocks too, recommendations?

18. karmavore

karmavore Formula 3

Dec 29, 2002
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Karmavore

www.allstocks.com

19. AMG EATER

AMG EATER Rookie

Jan 28, 2004
    Questions guys-- how do I look up "MOST ACTIVE" (high volume) for penny stocks?? I can only find most active for those stocks $1 and above. please help, thanks!

20. DropGems

DropGems Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Atlantic City, NJ
    IBZT and GWDL.

21. karmavore

karmavore Formula 3

Dec 29, 2002
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Karmavore

Only not today. I think IBZT is in for a slide before it goes higher. I just got out at .063

22. DropGems

DropGems Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Atlantic City, NJ

I think Ibzt has found a new stability level, I doubt that it will retrace to the .03's again but who knows. I've been in ibzt since under a penny and haven't sold a single share. I'm pretty confident that the stock will hit the 10 cent mark and above.

23. karmavore

karmavore Formula 3

Dec 29, 2002
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Karmavore

I've heard no one discussing gwdl lately, you think it's going somewhere?

I don't think IBZT will hit the .03s, but I think with such a good and stable week it may slip into the .05s before going up again. Of course, I've bought and sold a few times and all-in-all wish I hadn't. :)

Luke.

24. DropGems

DropGems Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Atlantic City, NJ
    GWDL moves up and down alot on the regular usually ranging from .0024-.0034 so you can daytrade it but in april their infommercial for their product line will be out along with their new products so I think it will start to move north within a month.