Penske Ferrari dealer in Vegas.... | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Penske Ferrari dealer in Vegas....

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by spirot, May 1, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    +1 on the insurance card.

2. 308inatl

308inatl Karting
    BANNED

Aug 24, 2006
    Well, this is a fascinating thread. For one, Tom is a buddy and I cant believe I missed him in Vegas, because Ang and I were there just two weeks ago!

Anyway, we thought the Wynn was great and Penske was as well. We stayed at Caesars and had a blast; the Wynn is pricier.

But all we did was show the FCA card, and I also had my nappy paper insurance card on the 355 Spider. They were great, asked us if we wanted to see anything, let us have the run of the place.

We are FOA fans, but I could see where Wynn may actually be less how do I put this "serious about its product"; hence, more mellow.

Jeff

3. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    Hey it would have been great to see you guys out there... I just did not like the Wynn.. seemd a bit over the top to me... I like Caesars... were were in Octavius tower... brand new room... marble everwhere... the spa at Caesars is FANTASTIC... most relaxing experience!!!!!

as for the thread... did not mean to impune Penske or anything, but I guess the expectation i had was they would have really cool cars there, and the Ferrari store would have all the cool stuff normal dealers dont have.....but reality was just not so...

4. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    Tom!!

THAT'S THE POINT OF VEGAS STRIP HOTELS!!! :D

5. 360stimo

360stimo Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 23, 2005
    Brilliant, so we know how Americans can prove they own a Ferrari. Now how about Ferrari owners from outside of the US visiting? how do they prove they own a Ferrari?

6. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    I was trying to be nice... I thought it was tacky and cheap whore house looking.... Kind of like Emily Slattery's in Gone with the Wind...

7. 308inatl

308inatl Karting
    BANNED

Aug 24, 2006
    If Vegas was everything it is cracked up to be, no one would ever leave!

If any of us on this forum want to visit a Ferrari dealership, we can!

Anyway, all I did to get in, without paying was: say I was an owner (actually, my wife did), and pull out my FCA card. It was not like going through customs in the BVI!

Hence, I will go back to Penske; I will not go back to the BVI.

8. h2oskier

h2oskier F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2006
    inside someone hot
    Full Name:
    MJA
    They seemed nice to me. I understand the 10 bucks

She asked me what car I own. I told her my cars and dealer and she said welcome. Didn't ask me for anything else.

9. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby

That's what Vegas is about! :)

Actually, you should have gone to the Cosmopolitan. It's the last hotel built in the city and it's cool, contemporary, and the wave of the future. The front desk area is fantastic.

And the pool there has the hottest chicks sunbathing I have ever seen. My dream job would be the bartender there... !

10. wingfeather

wingfeather F1 Rookie

Feb 1, 2007
    rock bottom
    I felt the same way about Atlanta.

11. Trance

Trance Formula Junior

Aug 11, 2009
    Nashville/Knoxville
    Full Name:
    Pouya V
    But the best customer service, hands down, goes to The Collection in Miami... absolutely phenomenal guys there. I'm only 20 years old and they even knew I wasn't ready for an F-Car or anything of that sort, but they still opened the doors to many Astons, Ferrari's, Porsche's, pretty much everything that was available there.
    Been to FOA numerous times and none of the guys there have even approached me.

It's all about customer service. When I am ready for an exotic in the near future, then The Collection can definitely have my money.

The gentleman who was super kind to me was George Jaile and I still have his business card in my wallet still.

12. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    in atlanta it would be a crack whore....

13. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    Been there ... done that... was not impressed. much ado about nothing. the chandliere bar etc... Caesars still the best to me.

14. GrayTA

GrayTA F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2006
    Deep South
    Full Name:
    PDG
    I have visited a few dealers, although not Penske. Noone has ever bothered me about wandering around the showroom and once I let any of them know I was an owner I got full tours of everything. The last one I visited was FOA and Lanikai showed me around personally. I cant say anything bad about any of them!!! I hope to come back up there and visit again in the very near future.

PDG

15. Crallscars

Crallscars F1 Rookie

Jun 7, 2006
    Bainbridge, GA
    Full Name:
    Douglas Crall
    I went to Wynn about 5 years ago, they told me there was a $10 admission to non Ferrari or FCA members. I told the lady I had just bought my 85 308, and we were just curious to see their place. She was very polite, gave my wife and I access and their reps were also very polite. I went this past April, walked up to the lady at the entrance, she said $10 each, I asked if it was open to owners, I showed her my home made Ferrari logo key ring and she gave us admittance, no questions.

Granted, this year there was nothing exciting down stairs or in the shop.....unless you like NASCARS, and there was 2 or 3 of those.

It was probably a good thing there were no 308/328's there If there had been a better 308 or 328 on the floor than mine, I would have bought it.

16. JH

JH F1 Veteran

Nov 14, 2002
    Odense, Denmark
    Full Name:
    Jonas H.
    Hmm how do you prove you are a Ferrari owner, when you are from out of country?? It's not like you have insurance papers nor the keys with you on holiday. We don't even have to have insurance papers in the car over here, because it's all digital. So those papers are tightly locked away at all times. So no insurance card either.

I was there last year, and was also disappointed. Was the only person in there, and no special cars other than 430's and 458's. But Vegas has lots of interesting Ferraris, so its really down to the day you visit. I was just unlucky. But in retrospect, it wasn't worth the 10 bucks at all. I understand it thou.. When you place a dealership in the middle of a hotel (Which seems pretty stupid, unless the plan originally was to earn money on the visitors - which I think it was) you have to control the crowds.

17. Drew Altemara

Drew Altemara Formula 3

Feb 11, 2002
    Tuscaloosa, AL
    Full Name:
    Drew Altemara
    We visited about a month ago. I forgot my docs but called State Farm and had them scan and send my Ferrari insurance to me. No issues getting in for my wife, son and myself. They were very polite.

It was quite nice. There is a basement section as well that was fun.

I liked the Ferrari store - thought it had a lot of nice stuff.

Drew

18. elipinski

elipinski Formula 3

May 14, 2006
    Full Name:
    Emanuel
    "I forgot my docs but called State Farm and had them scan and send my Ferrari insurance to me"

C´est vraiment ridicule

19. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    What's ridicule about that?

20. Drew Altemara

Drew Altemara Formula 3

Feb 11, 2002
    Tuscaloosa, AL
    Full Name:
    Drew Altemara
    Sorry - missing the point.

Drew

21. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    When I went, all I had to do was show my Ferrari owners club members card and I breezed straight in. Been back a few times, and theres always differ and interesting cars to look at.