Penske/Scottsdale Ferrari problem | FerrariChat

Penske/Scottsdale Ferrari problem

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Cyrek, Sep 6, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Cyrek

Cyrek Karting

Mar 24, 2015
    Im sick about it and still hope to work it out, but I feel like I may need an attorney for a car misrepresented and sold to me by Penske/Scottsdale Ferrari. Can anyone recommend a Lawyer in Scottsdale area or do we have one here on the forum that can help if needed. I’m Really hoping they are going to make it right, and if they don’t I’ll post the details of the entire transaction, but in the meantime I want to be prepared for the next step, and good recommendation would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

2. Steinhart

Steinhart Formula Junior

May 21, 2019
    Scottsdale, AZ, USA
    Scott Harris (602) 252-7400

3. obbob

obbob Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2017
    How was it misrepresented?

Yes, there are laws that prevent you from this. However, often times the lawyers fees will far exceed the cost to just fix up the car so it’s rare that a dealer takes the car back.

Either way, this is why you should never buy a car sight unseen and without a good PPI (emphasis on the good). CPO doesn’t mean anything.

Just last month there was a thread of a guy who bought a CPO F12 sign unseen and it began leaking fuel fumes the first drive he did in it.

I myself have caught horribly misrepresented cars more times than I care to mention. My friend GT3 was advertised as never tracked when it had nearly 2400 track miles. Some dealers are just shameless: one tried to convince me that a GT3 RS was never tracked when the front was covered in rubber marks...

OP, hope the dealer works things out with you. Best wishes

4. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Recall hearing bad stories from former customers.

5. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    If you really are planning to bring lawsuit, avoid writing anything on the internet. You will be asked "what do you mean by X by writing this on internet?" during deposition.

dustman, Zinger, triathgeek and 5 others like this.
  6. boobernackle

boobernackle Formula Junior

May 28, 2016
    What's the problem, message me if you're not comfortable posting here?