People taking pictures of my F-car while driving! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

People taking pictures of my F-car while driving!

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by 348SStb, Sep 6, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Kram

Kram Formula Junior

Jul 3, 2004
    Park bench, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mark
    What, like they’re taking pictures of the CAR?? You mean all those people with their thumb over the lens of the Kodak disposable aren't taking pictures of ME??
    Damn. I’m going to need therapy to get over this.....

2. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

My car must be totally invisible. None of the bubbas/rednecks/confederate sleeze bags in my town even notice a black 348. Maybe it's a good thing...

3. RedlineG60

RedlineG60 Formula 3

Dec 25, 2003
    Simpsonville, SC
    Full Name:
    Andy Thomason
    I keep a camera with me 24/7 whether it's in the glovebox, or in my pocket. If I see something I like, I'm takin a pic of it. If I see a freakin Ferrari on the road, I will ask you to rev up for me while I video tape lol. I just can't not if I actually see one around my area ya know.

4. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    You have to admit though that it's the natural consequence of buying a Testarossa - one of the flashiest cars ever made - and then driving it in Canada, where they are very, very rare... I'm not saying you have to *like* being photographed, but you should expect losing personal space when in public in one of the great "look at me!" cars.

5. L8Braker

L8Braker Formula 3

Nov 10, 2003
    Asheville NC
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Stafford
    Yeah I noticed that following you......most people are oblivious. You need to make it louder! hahaha alla 348 challenge

I was following a black viper here in town the other day and no one even noticed it. I was suprised since Vipers apeal to most rednecks/cars guys/just about anyone will notice them.

6. kenster888

kenster888 Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Massachusetts
    I was in New Hope NJ one time and an older guy was taking pictures of me inside my car at a stop sign while yelling to his wife: "Look it's Jacky Chan!"

For the record I'm much better looking :)

7. normhuff

normhuff Formula Junior

Dec 14, 2003
    Peoria, IL
    Full Name:
    J. Norman Huff, Esq.
    While driving down the expressway at night one time, I saw a bright flash come from the passenger side of the car next to me. That was a little eerie, but as long as there's no report (noise) that accompanies the flash, I guess it's okay...

8. davey_jones

davey_jones Formula Junior

Sep 28, 2002
    wherever it's sunny
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I'm on someones video camers somewhere.... driving of course!

9. isellpower

isellpower Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2003
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Jason

Then the guy in the Porsche would say, "look at this pic I have of a guy taking a cell phone pic of my 996."

10. Stackhouse

Stackhouse F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 14, 2004
    IN YOUR TRUNK
    Full Name:
    CT.. AKA Pimp Daddy

Yeah..but how good are you at tumbling down escalators?

PD

11. Ferrari0324

Ferrari0324 F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    That's why you don't take it of the car, but of the person. You yell out "Smile!"

12. Malfoy

Malfoy Formula 3

Mar 22, 2004
    Hampton, VA
    Lucky guy, maybe you've just seen it all. For the rest of us who do not live in LA or the Hamptons[or a few other spots obviously], seeing a Ferrari in the wild is a VERY rare occurence. Sure the pictures of magazines will always be better, but a picture you took, while not as good, will remind you that you indeed were there and you took the picture. That makes it all the more worth it. The look on your friends faces when you show the pics adds to that. :)

13. speedy_sam

speedy_sam F1 Veteran

Jul 13, 2004
    TX
    Full Name:
    Sameer
    I think people taking pictures of your Ferrari is the natural thing to expect. As long as they are not doing something foolish like touching the paint or running some crazy moves on the freeway to get the perfect shot.

If you dont like the attention then why did you buy a Ferrari? Just drive normal and let them ckick and go away...

14. mikeyr

mikeyr Formula 3

Jun 17, 2004
    Santa Barbara, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike Rambour
    I agree with Speedy, let them take pictures. They are awesome cars and for some people the lane next to you on the freeway is as close as they ever will get to such a machine.

If I see someone taking a pic of my car, I smile

15. GaryReed

GaryReed F1 Rookie

Feb 9, 2002
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Gary
    I recently saw a kid (in a Honda) ahead of me on the freeway with his arm all the way out the driver's window, holding a cell phone, while driving with his other hand.

It took me a second to realize he was trying to take a picture of my car.

He's lucky he didn't drop the phone on the freeway!

16. The Mad Hatter

The Mad Hatter Formula Junior

Feb 27, 2004
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    The Mad Hatter
    I could not stop laughing when I read the initial post in this thread...it was like deja vu all over again ;-) When I was on my way home to Maryland from Boston SportsCar with my 91 Testarossa (our first "official" date together) I almost broke my neck on the double-take of what happened to me...at 70-75 MPH coming across the Delaware Memorial Bridge into the People's Republic of Maryland these two college-aged guys in a very nice Jetta pull up next to me and one of them is actually hanging out the passenger-side window with a VHS-cam recording me driving. I was just hoping that it wasn't going to turn into one of those movies where the guy gets cut off at the waist by some 18 wheeler ;-) Anyway, at one point he yells out "rev it up!". Too funny. After that, the occasional cell phone photo was no big deal ;-) In fact, I have actually pulled into gas stations (which is an all too-frequent event with my 12 cylinders) to allow people to snap a photo or two when you see them behind you trying to get a pic.

Cheers,
    Travis

17. Mr.Manny

Mr.Manny Karting

Jul 12, 2004
    N.J
    Full Name:
    Manny
    I don't mind peaple takeing pictures of my 360 spider, but one time after a quick stop some guy was taking a picture of his girlfreind which was sitting on my hood ,thank God for my wife which was with me who held me back while the a hole and his girl ran or I would be in jail right now, and I all so hate when peaple leave their finger prints all over the glass from looking in.

18. Bad Chariot

Bad Chariot Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2003
    Reading, MA
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Brandon,

Watch out the boys from Lynn or Lawrence might be taking pictures to see what the market is for Ferrari parts on the black market!....lol Let's knock on wood....they only want Honda Civic parts! :)

19. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    A friend of mine here in South Florida happens to own an Enzo reports that if he takes the car out on I-95, he will (in short order) have some goober hanging out a window to take pictures of the car with cell phone cameras.

Anyone who has driven the I-95 gauntlet knows that the traffic ranges from
    people who just arrived in the country from places where the main modes of transportation are donkey karts to SUV driving, cell phone talking soccer moms driving as though they've been shot out of a canon.

While my friend tries to shoo the paparazzi away, he says they are a most determined lot which I would say fall into the "Get a life" category.

BHW