Performante or Speciale? | FerrariChat

Performante or Speciale?

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by blockbuster, May 16, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Performante or Speciale

1. Performante

13 vote(s)
    54.2%
  2. Speciale

11 vote(s)
    45.8%
  1. blockbuster

blockbuster Karting
    Owner

Nov 26, 2006
    U.S.
    #1 blockbuster, May 16, 2018
    Last edited: May 16, 2018
    Would you rather have a Performante or Speciale, and why?

Ignoring the difference in price, it seems a tough choice. The Performante is probably the more exotic looking car. Arguably, the engine sound is better, and it has incredible levels of performance (e.g. 'Ring time). It is also a lot of fun to drive. The Speciale is lighter weight, probably handles better in most conditions, and feels more nimble. It has better visibility for most drivers, and more luggage space. It is hard to say it is a "practical" car, but it is more practical than the Performante. The Speciale's steering is light but very precise, and probably superior to the steering in the Performante. The Speciale allows the driver to select the suspension setting separately from the other settings (i.e. "bumpy road" mode) whereas the Performante groups settings together (i.e. Strada, Sport, Corsa). Braking is excellent in both cars. So, overall, perhaps the Speciale is the "better" car?

But, including price, makes the comparison more difficult. The Performante is less expensive. But, on the other hand, which one will maintain its value the best over time?

I look forward to your thoughts on this ...

Thank you!

2. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    you mentioned value retention.

Look at the values of 2009-2012 Gallardo SLs vs the values of Scuderias from 08-09. Ferrari is Ferrari. Most desirable brand in the world for all the right reasons.

3. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Tough one, depends on your use. I would feel comfortable tracking the Perf regularly but cruising around or spirited drives the Speciale. Speciale will hold value to some extent some say better than the Pista will primarily because it is the first iteration of this series. Example 360CS vs Scuderia.

4. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    360cs vs scud...scud hit the market during the recession/ depression.

5. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    True but look at values today.

6. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Interesting question, as I’ve been looking at the Speciale for the past couple of years and was awaiting prices to fall to MSRP....haven’t.
    In the meantime, I picked up a Huracan Performante and it is truly an incredible car. On track, it is well balanced with plenty of power and torque - more torque than the Speciale. The steering is a bit numb for my taste, as I like cars that are raw. On the street, the Perf is very easy to drive...my wife is starting to prefer driving it over our 16M. The exhaust is supremely loud and the NA V10 will probably be the last of its breed.
    Interestingly, I will likely pickup a Speciale in the future for my long term collection. But honestly, I may trade the Perf for the future SVJ.

Sent from my 16M

Boomhauer likes this.
  7. wsaraceni

wsaraceni F1 Rookie

Aug 9, 2010
    Lamborghini all the way.

8. frankgoodson

frankgoodson Rookie

Dec 25, 2008
  9. fc2

fc2 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Nov 2, 2006
    Silicon Valley Ca.
    Full Name:
    Frank C.
    I have a 16M and a Huracan Spyder... I just drove the Performante Spyder and now it's just a matter of time before I pull the trigger on one. While I can't compare to a Speciale, the Performante is an incredible car.

10. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    I chose speciale as I like its styling better and I find lambo interiors claustrophobic. I like awd as it can help if caught in sudden bad weather but I would give that up if given the speciale.

I love an open top sports car so speciale aperta is top of the list except for the pricing/value of it. performante spider would be perfect alternative but the soft top makes it ineligible on many track days so that's also a no go to me.

lambo needs to put retractable hard tops on spiders and dct in aventador for next versions

Bas Jaski likes this.
  11. robert biscan

robert biscan F1 Veteran

Jan 17, 2003
    Nashville and Palm b
    Full Name:
    robert s biscan
    The Lambo is hard to beat. Very willing and is a great car.

Tu160bomber likes this.
  12. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    Ι will say the 430 Scuderia. Drive one and you'll understand why!

13. Owen Snyder

Owen Snyder Rookie

May 16, 2019
    Full Name:
    Owen Snyder
    I prefer the Performante because it has the more angular styling, sounds better, faster around a track. to me, all Ferrari have interiors that look incomplete and too raw, if you know what I mean. Also, does anyone know how to start a new thread.

14. You should be good to go, just like any other site. Your post being the first was just waiting for approval, making sure it was not spam. (Top right hand of site, Post a New Thread).

15. gh0st0

gh0st0 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 2, 2018
    Midwest
    It really depends on how you plan on utilizing the added performance and if you want to track it. Otherwise the extra $$ won’t matter much