Perma Plate-car detailing products | FerrariChat

Perma Plate-car detailing products

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by vnttg, Sep 9, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. vnttg

vnttg Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2007
    CA
    I've recently bought a new Mercedes Benz and I was given the whole package of Perma Plate. I was told that these products are very expensive and exclusive, but so ignorant as I am, I have never heard of this brand. I mostly use Lexol/Griot Garage and P21S for my cars, including the recent acquired 612. Have you ever heard/used any products by Perma Plate?

2. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco
  3. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    #3 UroTrash, Sep 9, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2009
  4. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    I never heard of it and I recently did a good bit of research on car care products for my own use. Doesn't sound like it's endorsed by MBz, but a freebie from the dealer.

5. Miltonian

Miltonian F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2002
    Milton, Wash.
    Full Name:
    Jeff B.
    When I worked at Acura many years ago, the Perma Plate product was just another example of why the "flat rate" system of paying employees was a crock. The sales people would sell the PP to the customer, and the shop would pay the detail department an hour to apply it to the car, so the detailer would try to apply it in 15 minutes in order to make a killing on it. There was a HUGE markup on the kit, it was generally applied very poorly, the rest of the kit, which was supposed to go to the customer, generally got tossed into the trash, and maybe 1 out of 20 buyers brought the car back for the recommended yearly reapplication. So it was money down the drain for the customer.

Personally, I think it was probably a pretty good product if it was used as specified in the instructions.