Peter Kaus - Rosso Bianco museum | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Peter Kaus - Rosso Bianco museum

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by OFFtrack, Jan 27, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. OFFtrack

OFFtrack Karting

Jan 4, 2013
    Berlin
    Full Name:
    Dirk R.
    Yes, a very fine example. Saw the article before. Nice feature

Where will we be able to witness it this year?

2. paul robert

paul robert Karting

Dec 29, 2010
    hi marc,
    yes i'm well. busy starting a new venture so little time for diversions. did take out the khamsin today because the weather was so nice. it's running nicely.
    there were a number of reasons why peter decided to sell the collection. and as is my principle i do not want to get into that. the tax thing was an ongoing issue which a number of people who brought so called 'rubbish' into the country which then turned out to be very valuable. very complicated.
    suffice to say that 'collectors' like him and i know a number of others never collect just one stream of things. it is no secret that peter collected antique miniature figures and built them into massive so called dioramas. this was all in the basement of the museum. there were entire armies of tiny roman soldiers and what have you in between the car restoration projects.
    it was marvellous.
    also don't forget maseratis were but a small part of it all. there was the biggest collection of abarths and the huge series of CanAms and the 30's carrossier and design cars, and and.
    and no worries he was in fine fettle last time i saw him. still has the lamborghinis and the prewar mercs and horchs.
    and don't forget in the 60's and 70's many old sports cars were to be had for what we now think is silly money. i paid 12.000DM (6.000€) for my miura S in i think 1976. less for the grifo 7 litre and even less for the ghibli. ok that's without considering adjustment but still. those cars were seriously un PC, but i sort of felt i could get away with it because i still lived under my dad's diplomatic status, and besides 'up the system, and the revolution too' was quite cool we thought.and belgium, where i lived at the time was a great place for cars.

Mike, yeah don't we all hate getting hit with silly tax rates (i can't even vote although i pay silly tax, being a foreigner), but i believe it was gianni agnelli who said: " there is no great fortune without a great crime'.
    he definitely did say:'Small house, small problem. Big house,….'.this is not meant to sound patronising, just trying to put things in perspective discretely.
    p

3. Wolf

Wolf Formula Junior

Nov 17, 2003
    #28 Wolf, Feb 2, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2014
    Body is different from a 300S.

Will be at Le Mans Classic 2014, grid 3.

Regards

Wolfi

4. paul robert

paul robert Karting

Dec 29, 2010
    wel done! congratulations.

5. GIOTTO

GIOTTO F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Dec 30, 2006
    France
    #30 GIOTTO, Feb 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Robert W likes this.
  6. OFFtrack

OFFtrack Karting

Jan 4, 2013
    Berlin
    Full Name:
    Dirk R.
    #31 OFFtrack, Feb 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Book arrived 2 days ago. Nice overview of a collection that is now lost forever.
    Unfortunately it does not feature a lot of infos about the cars and no VINs.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Robert W likes this.
  7. andrew biazis

andrew biazis Rookie

Nov 25, 2019
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    andrew dennis biazis
    Fantastic book which I secured some time ago during visit to the museum......all in German though....there was a paperback at the museum, but don't remember if it was the same book......best museum I have ever visited........went twice and spent hours there and got to meet the mechanic that kept the cars in whatever shape needed........

8. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    Yes, most of all the cars were untouched! But...long gone....!

9. nico5000GT

nico5000GT Karting

Feb 28, 2010
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Nicolas Maier
    Hello Dirk,

Peter Kaus sold the hole Collection to Evert Louwmann. The requirement was that Evert safe the collection and add this to his collection. Unfortunally he sold some cars by Bonhams.. Delage, Talbot Lago.. and a lot of race cars. You can buy also a book which is called : Rosso Bianco.

The reason why Peter Kaus sold his collection was that his kids wasn't interested at the cars. The museum was in bad condition and the roof was untight. The city don't supported Peter Kaus..

Best regards
    Nicolas Maier

10. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    Peter Kaus had various Maserati in his collection:
    Tipo 65
    Tipo 3000
    Tipo 4CM
    A6G-2000 Allemano & Zagato
    A6-1500
    Tipo 151
    250S
    3500GT Spyder Vignale
    Ghibli SS
    Tipo 61
    Tipo 450S (sold in the mid-1990s)
    ...and his most valuable car was the 300S.

Ferraripilot likes this.
  11. andrew biazis

andrew biazis Rookie

Nov 25, 2019
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    andrew dennis biazis
    Finally able to secure an English version of the limited edition book on eBay for a great price........my German edition can now just sit;)