Petersen's Sport Cars of the World with Ferrari 250GTO cover story | FerrariChat

Petersen's Sport Cars of the World with Ferrari 250GTO cover story

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by bitzman, Jul 31, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    Back around 1971 Petersen Publishing had Hans Tanner employed , writing gun magazines but since he was also famous for Ferrari knowledge he and art director Chuck Queener (famous for his art) did a soft cover book 320 pages, with many contributors. The lead story on the Ferrari 250GTO, with John Lamm photographing the car against a lush garden background. i think that single story started Ferraris off on a steadily rising recognition and value wave that hasn't crested yet. Back then a GTO was under $90,000 (If that was Steve Earle's car I believe he sold it to Japan for $92K).I have one copy I haven't treated well (torn cover edges) If you like GTOs and Tanner's research and Lamm's photography i advise keeping an eye out for that issue because of the collaboration of world class photographers and historians. Too bad Petersen didn't fund publication of that series for long...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Texas Forever and gt4me like this.
  2. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    In 1971 Alain de Cadenet bought 250 GTO #3987 GT for $5,000 and sold #3767 GT for £3000 GBP around 1974.

Jack-the-lad and Marcel Massini like this.
  3. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    story is Alain’s mother sold the gto without his permission.

4. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    The full story, according to Alain himself, of how he bought 250 GTO #3987 GT from Stephen Mitchell, and then lost it in the link here.