Petrolicious for David Piper | FerrariChat

Petrolicious for David Piper

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by NürScud, Aug 18, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    I was looking Petrolicious site last nignt and i came across with their feature about David Piper. Well, i have to admit that i didn't know a lot of things about him. Very interesting story about his racing career. I also didn't know that he owns 8 (!) 250 GTOs through the years. Here is a small excerpt:

''TG: So in all, how many GTOs have you had over the years?

DP: I believe I’ve had five factory-ordered cars and three secondhand ones as well. But they were cheap then, you know. I would have kept my last one. I bought it back for 75,000 pounds and I sold it again for about 90,000 pounds. But I would have kept it. I could have afforded to keep it, but my wife didn’t like it because she said it was noisy, and smelly, and she didn’t like it, so it had to go. I’ve always been very low-key about these things though. At the moment I’m going through the pain of passing the cars on to my children, but we’re going through quite a bit of work of making sure that we don’t end up giving them away to HMRC [Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs]. Trusts and bonds and whatnot.''

I put the interview's link here to take a look at. The pictures are great too.

https://petrolicious.com/articles/motor-racings-renegade-our-conversation-with-david-piper

Enjoy!

2. GIOTTO

GIOTTO F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Dec 30, 2006
    France
    Nice article, beautiful photos, and a great guy !
    Thanks for sharing.

3. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Thanks - love the photos especially the scruffy garage and the stack of clams in the garden

4. tomgt

tomgt F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 22, 2004
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Tom Wiggers
    Five factory-ordered???

5. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    I would love to have something from his 'scrapyard', like the rear engine cover!