Pic of your 360 or 430 you took today or recently | Page 116 | FerrariChat

Pic of your 360 or 430 you took today or recently

Discussion in '360/430' started by Yellow02Z06, Feb 3, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. brookliner7

brookliner7 Formula Junior

May 5, 2018
    San Antonio, TX
    Full Name:
    Hans
    F430_6speed, VAF84 and 360trev like this.
  2. Way2fast

Way2fast Formula 3

May 24, 2006
    Santa Barbara County
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Incredible video. Watched it on my 4k tv. The ultimate road trip

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

3. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
  4. mwstewart

mwstewart F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Thanks Trev!

5. Metastable

Metastable Formula Junior

That’s very cool! Only cars from Chile? I am surprised there were no cars from other countries in South America. Seems very well organized. Question, what are the speed limits on those empty stretches of road?

6. JazzyJay

JazzyJay Formula Junior

Oct 26, 2005
    Connecticut
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Just did my first detail job on my ‘02 Spider. Used Chemical Guys V34 Compound/Polish, EZ Glaze, Jet Sealer, and Butter Wax. Used their hex pads with a Porter Cable DA polisher.

Looks great. Knocked out almost all of the swirl marks and stains (I was too chicken to use a more aggressive compound! Maybe next time.).

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

mchas and Way2fast like this.
  7. JazzyJay

JazzyJay Formula Junior

Oct 26, 2005
    Connecticut
  8. Tamahal

Tamahal Formula Junior

Mar 8, 2019
    Full Name:
    TAMAHAL
    That looks great... can you tell us the sequence of the products used? Meaning which product when? Which hex pad, Orange , black, white??

9. JazzyJay

JazzyJay Formula Junior

Oct 26, 2005
    Connecticut
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Here’s my routine:

Spray wheels with 6235 Brake Dust Buster (be careful...very strong, need to wash off quickly)

Pre-soak/wet car

Wash wheels with brush and Griots car wash soap, and rinse wheels thoroughly (also do the wheel wells)

Wash car with hand mit and two buckets (Griots soap and rinse bucket). Rinse thoroughly

Pre-dry nooks and crannies with air hose

Dry with Chem Guys waffle towels (one for “big” water and another for final dry)

Clay bar (Griots) the paint and spray (with plain water and one drop of car wash soap in 32 oz spray bottle)

Chem Guys V36 polish/compound with blue hex pad and PC DA polisher on 3 1/2 speed, including paint and protective bra (kept a very slight gap between paint and bra...not quite getting to edge when doing paint, same with bra). Wiped with Griots blue microfiber towels

Chem Guys EZ Glaze Cream with green hex pad, 3 1/2 speed, same steps as above (but not on bra). This step was really worth the time...made a noticeable difference in shine and further reduced swirls.

Chem Guys Jet Seal with black pad, same steps as above including bra and plastic headlight lenses.

Chem Guys Butter Wet Wax with red pad, same as above but no bra/lenses.

Windshield:

Spray/wipe with Sprayway glass cleaner

Blue clay bar with plain water spray, dry

Chem Guys V38 polish with green hex pad on 4 1/2 speed (really gets out tiny dings, swirls and wiper marks). Repeat if necessary

Spray with Rainex, buff in, let dry and buff out. Dramatically improves driving visibility and makes the windshield look new.

I still need to remove some of the wax residue on the bra edges left by the Ferrari dealership when they “detailed” the car, but still looks great.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

10. Tamahal

Tamahal Formula Junior

Mar 8, 2019
    Full Name:
    TAMAHAL
    Wow amazing !! Thanks

11. Tamahal

Tamahal Formula Junior

Mar 8, 2019
    Full Name:
    TAMAHAL
    Ceramic coating ??

12. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    #2888 Ingenere, May 21, 2019
    Last edited: May 21, 2019
    What a great trip! Of course I gravitated to the Giallo Challenge Stradale. I then looked on the registry and there were no CS' listed from Chili! Looks like we are missing one!

On 2nd glance I don't think it's a real CS. There is a shot at the beginning from the rear and I don't see the CF cross bars in the rear window or the script on the grill and I don't think the rear deck is correct. Maybe we haven't missed one!

Tarek307 likes this.
  13. JazzyJay

JazzyJay Formula Junior

Oct 26, 2005
    Connecticut
  14. Tamahal

Tamahal Formula Junior

Mar 8, 2019
    Full Name:
    TAMAHAL
  15. Mercedes

Mercedes Karting

May 1, 2018
    Full Name:
    Orlando mercid
    Bhh likes this.
  16. Mercedes

Mercedes Karting

May 1, 2018
    Full Name:
    Orlando mercid
  17. JazzyJay

JazzyJay Formula Junior

Oct 26, 2005
    Connecticut
  18. Tamahal

Tamahal Formula Junior

Mar 8, 2019
    Full Name:
    TAMAHAL
    Oh totally.... I’ll be using your routine and let you know how it turns out. This is gonna save me about $800. Thanks !! I’ve used V36 on my Tesla before and the paint is very thin on that car. I was a bit scared to use it on the Ferrari, but heck, I’m gonna give it a shot.

19. Bhh

Bhh Rookie

Dec 5, 2014
    Manhattan
    Totally agree. I have family in Sherman so know the surrounding are pretty well. Loved Kent Falls as a kid. Don’t forget about Lime Rock! Drive up from nyc is half the fun.

20. 65ffrcobra

65ffrcobra Rookie

Jun 6, 2018
    Full Name:
    Gary Evans
  21. JazzyJay

JazzyJay Formula Junior

Oct 26, 2005
    Connecticut
    Chemical Guys have a bunch of compounds/polishes with various levels of aggressiveness. I bought a bunch of them and usually start with the least aggressive compound on a small test area.

My paint on the ‘02 was in decent shape, meaning a fair amount of swirls but not too many deep scratches. The routine I described was perfect for that level of flaws. I would go one step less aggressive on a newer car with less flaws, and one step more aggressive if more flaws.

I highly recommend the EZ Glaze step since it really brought out the depth of the color and shine.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

22. PBT58

PBT58 Karting

Jul 6, 2018
    Full Name:
    Peter T