Pic of your 360 or 430 you took today or recently | Page 215 | FerrariChat

Pic of your 360 or 430 you took today or recently

Discussion in '360/430' started by Yellow02Z06, Feb 3, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. brookliner7

brookliner7 Formula Junior

May 5, 2018
    San Antonio, TX
    Full Name:
    Hans
    WOW Brought that back to life! And for that reason it makes it my favorite scuderia. Nice work!

2. Scottslaw

Scottslaw Formula Junior

That’s nice of you to say! Still very much a work in progress but I’m certainly enjoying it!

brookliner7 likes this.
  3. Sj_engr

Sj_engr Formula 3

Sep 15, 2020
    San Jose
    Full Name:
    dc
    I will have to take your word until the install. It just seems like they need to be same flush mount as the stock units to the MAF. The throttle body accordions should accommodate any flex.

4. JM280z

JM280z Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2020
    Full Name:
    Jake
    One of the issues is that the carbon air boxes have epoxy over the aluminum inserts. They made the aluminum inserts to fit perfectly over the MAF housing but the bozo’s then put epoxy over the aluminum, narrowing the space, and creating a sticky/friction. I’d take the epoxy off the aluminum insert and it should still be air tight but allow sliding on/off.

I asked Exotic Car Gear for a partial refund because I will either have to cut the MAF off or cut the air boxes off. I shouldn’t have pressed them on before removing that epoxy on the aluminum sheath.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

5. BigBossF430

BigBossF430 Karting

Oct 31, 2020
    Monterey CA
    Full Name:
    BigBoss
  6. autowerks9

autowerks9 Formula 3
    BANNED Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2009
    North Wales, Pa.
    Full Name:
    David S.
    My apologies .. no intent in hijacking this tread. just a simply reply to a mentioned component issue.

My deepest apologies for the install issue and if you are that unhappy with our product. In lue of a 50% requested discount and inevitably removing them. I would prefer you return them to us for a FULL refund. If you need to damage them as a result of disassembly as discussed, that would not be held against you. Please let me know when they are removed and we will send a pre-paid return label. If your meter housing was damaged as a result of the install, we can send a replacement, please provide images of the damage. As noted there may have been some excess resin or clear finish causing the meter to bind on the inserted collar. We will update our production notes for this concern.

David

7. JM280z

JM280z Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2020
    Full Name:
    Jake
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Top view shows the two bolts inserted and the air box up against the alignment tabs. It also shows the cracked MAF housing lip from me attempting to pull it apart.
    The second pic shows how the air box seats over the alignment clip.
    I also had to drill out the two holes for the M5 mounting bolts to MAF. The left air box was snug-to-tight and lined up easily. The right one is the troubled one. Almost like it stretched during production and someone added too many epoxy/clear coat layers throughout.

Since I’ll remove and return them, I’m making my first AliExpress order ever. Honestly these seem better made for 1/2 the price: aluminum mounting to the MAF for consistency of fitment and the inside is also finished so hopefully less chance of debris making it’s way into engine. I’ll write a full review once I get them in.

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/1005001725546465.html?spm=a2g0n.productlist.0.0.16c97pNQ7pNQqV&browser_id=0c0fe66c1f6743e59a55225dbc1083ee&aff_trace_key=&aff_platform=msite&m_page_id=17eb61cdea3882964b72508581cd1c327efee7bb41&gclid=

8. brookliner7

brookliner7 Formula Junior

May 5, 2018
    San Antonio, TX
    Full Name:
    Hans
    colorfull likes this.
  9. patina

patina Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2005
    Lake Norman, NC
  10. JM280z

JM280z Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2020
    Full Name:
    Jake
    Most likely, the same thing the cop does on/off duty himself = speeding

11. Melvin Diagnosi

Melvin Diagnosi Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

May 15, 2016
    Amsterdam
    Full Name:
    Melvin Williams
    #5363 Melvin Diagnosi, Feb 3, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2022
  12. Snapshift

Snapshift Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 31, 2020
    Centralia IL
    Full Name:
    Lyle D. Pahnke
    F430 sitting this way since Jan 9 after bending a wheel and blowing a new tire on good ol" Illinois potholes. Still waiting but now have a foot of snow outside. Hope the wheel can be repaired. Had to send it back once after repair. Haven't heard anything since sending it back. May be on lookout for a new standard F430 wheel. Any leads appreciated. Thanks
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

colorfull likes this.
  13. Jackson32

Jackson32 Rookie

May 29, 2017
    North Carolina, U.S
    Full Name:
    Jackie
    Statesville

14. am117au

am117au Karting

Apr 22, 2014
    Sydney Australia
    Full Name:
    Greg G
    drmc, colorfull and BigBossF430 like this.
  15. craze

craze Formula 3

Mar 5, 2021
    Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Michael
  16. JM280z

JM280z Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2020
    Full Name:
    Jake
    https://yelp.to/LFf9Eotwmnb

These guys are phenomenal for wheel repair. They fixed my 599 HGTE wheel flawlessly. Every other shop said it couldn’t be fixed. $250 round trip, including shipping and taxes…

Proformance Industries in New York
    914-654-1010

Snapshift likes this.
  17. the_dan

the_dan Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 6, 2016
    Hong Kong
    colorfull, Mario Andretti and The4DA like this.
  18. Mario Andretti

Mario Andretti Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Aug 9, 2020
    Boston
    ... but the beauty is in the eye of the beholder :)

19. Mario Andretti

Mario Andretti Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Aug 9, 2020
    Boston
    #5372 Mario Andretti, Feb 7, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2022
    Ok I will run for cover after this.. but .... unless you track the car.. . a Ferrari in AU is as useful as a massage on a wooden leg. It's a nanny country where you get booked for 5 km/h over the legal speed. Just bloody shameful communist country . I am happy to have left that bloody island. I can fang my F430 at least on freeways in NE at 100 MPH and I still have 3 great tracks to my my reach... ok, too much too late. Sorry if I offended; I want my 17 years I wasted on that island back in my life if possible.. I know, I know not possible.

TomAZ and Dewinator like this.
  20. DrElJefeMD

DrElJefeMD Rookie

Oct 5, 2019
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Levin
    colorfull and the_dan like this.
  21. marknkidz

marknkidz Formula 3

Oct 7, 2004
    so cal
    Full Name: