pics from black horse garage event... | FerrariChat

pics from black horse garage event...

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by chunglee, Nov 7, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. chunglee

chunglee Rookie

Apr 28, 2008
    SE CT
    Full Name:
    Chung Lee
    #1 chunglee, Nov 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    hi gang,

just returned from the ferrari get together event that was held at the black horse garage in bridgeport, ct.

unfortunately, i do not own a ferrari but one day if i save
    all my pennies...

i was hot for 348 spyder but the testarossa really got me thinking. i got some rough
    estimates for majors for both and the testarossa was within my maintenance budget, so
    that car is back on the short list.

this was my first ferrari event of any kind and needless to say the people were extremely generous with their cars and knowledge. the passion for cars was obvious and i had a very enlightening and enjoyable time.

best,

cl
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. ryankjb

ryankjb Formula 3

Nov 19, 2006
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Nice.

If you go to more events, you'll experience more of the same hospitality and good company. Every F-car owner I know is extremely nice, and very caring.

Any more pics?

3. chunglee

chunglee Rookie

Apr 28, 2008
    SE CT
    Full Name:
    Chung Lee
    #3 chunglee, Nov 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    unfortunately, i didn't take too many pics. since ferrari is now on my radar i spent more time examining the cars. personally, the 348 and testarossas are speaking to me out of
    the cars in my price range.

i was always afraid of the testarossa's maintenance curve but after speaking with some of the mechanics there, it really wasn't that much more then the 348. it was actually pretty close. need to do some more research to seal the deal on which car to pursue.

cl

4. jheppner

jheppner Formula Junior

Aug 6, 2009
    NY
    #4 jheppner, Nov 7, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2009
    Son of a....i wanted to go to this but i had to work...i go to school at SHU and black horse is literally 5 mins from my house here

BTW i know alot of you on here have many cars so if one of you was the one who passed me in a yellow Porsche CGT in bridgeport today the car was stunning

5. chunglee

chunglee Rookie

Apr 28, 2008
    SE CT
    Full Name:
    Chung Lee
    there was no way i could miss this event. it was a good way for me to compare all the flavors of ferrari at once.

i was surprised how much the 355 rear wheel wells flared out...

i was surprised how wide the testarossa's backside was...

compared to pictures on and on...

i had an opportunity to own a variety of cars but i have never owned a ferrari.

one of those bucket list things. my search and journey is just starting and i'm
    looking forward to what i might end up with but at least i have a starting place.

cl

6. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I bought my Mondial from them a little over a year ago. They are a great bunch of guys and I would buy from them again in a heartbeat. I'm glad to hear you had a great time. Next time you are there, say Hi to Jon for me!

7. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Very nice pics, and hopefully soon you will be a Ferrari owner :)