Pics of 348 Nitrous and new rear | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Pics of 348 Nitrous and new rear

Discussion in '348/355' started by rikilamb, Apr 4, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    "the **** on my chest will never go away" Marko big words dude. Anyway just as i thought no picsn from the experts, only bar room banter.

2. EspritSE

EspritSE Formula Junior

Dec 1, 2003
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Craig
    #27 EspritSE, Apr 6, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Like I said, I don't feel the need for spray on my cars...

But, one of our club members seems to have it right....
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    YOU WHAT!!!! What kind of ferrari is that??? and with the bottles so near the hot engine (se faults can be picked in every thing) I can show you pics of my Twin turbo V8 monster with NOs thats been featured in mags. Need to see pics of ferraris with NOs man. As they say "this is show me country".

4. murph7355

murph7355 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2002
    SE England Yorkie
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Could be wrong, but I think the 2kUSD figure was for the rear end conversion (a figure which I have seen used for that elsewhere).

Isn't NOS corrosive to engine internals?

5. EspritSE

EspritSE Formula Junior

Dec 1, 2003
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Craig

Exactly, faults can be picked out in everything. Don't get so defensive when someone points them out....OK?

I didn't say it was a ferrari spaz... I belong to a Lotus club. There is intelligent life outside of Ferrari forums. just showing the nitrous hardware. Car also has a removable bulkhead between the engine and boot, just removed for pics.

And for the last time, its N2O, not NOs.

6. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    I know its n20 i have run it for years, the tearm nos is just slang. Hey calling me a spaz wont help you dude, it may make you feal good over the net,but you would **** your self if you had to tell me to my face dude. Its you that offered the pic up and as you said "one of your members have got it right" trying to say this was the way.Look save up and get a ferrari then fit the perfect Nooos instal,then post the pic dude.N......O......s

7. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    PS - I wouldn't mess with CHAA - The man has no neck for god's sake! :)

8. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    But i am only 4"2 high,with a mean set of teeth!!!! GRRRRR, I am only playing with the dude, things get heated on this forum from time to time, but come on we all love it!! Dont we? Dont put me on ya ignore list either, we all have good and bad **** to say, some of it good some bad.

9. EspritSE

EspritSE Formula Junior

Dec 1, 2003
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Craig
    Wow,touchy aren't we? Ok, the 'spaz' thing was out of line. You just seem so worked up over nothing.

NOS is slang for Nitrous Oxide Systems. One manufacturer of nitrous kits. btw

A ferrari is still on my list... perfectly obtainable, but my million dollar residence in the nicest tower on Oahu was a little more important to me. Off to the beach, have fun in Derbyshire. ;^) Just shows you that you never know who you may be chatting with, and how much money they have. I don't need to 'save up'.

Seriously though, don't get so wound up man. It's only the internet. Just because someone thousands of miles away does not like a particular setup, doesn't mean s**t. Whatever floats your boat. This IS a forum though, a place to share views and opinions. Not everyone is going to have the same views.

We are way off topic now.... Kind regards, best of luck, seek therapy. j/k

10. ColaGuy

ColaGuy Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Santa Rosa, CA
    Full Name:
    Joel White
    Does anyone remember when fchat was a friendly place?

Joel

11. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    Yea right!!! Bla Bla Bla!! On the net you can be anyone you like dude. THIS IS SHOW ME COUNTRY. Todays Mantra...."I will, i will have a Ferrari"LOL

12. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    .......................Almost, almost, almost had a ferrari, Aww S**T lost it".................I will, I will have a ferrari!! LOL Kinda reminds me of the film ANGER MANAGEMENT with that comedian dude, who is on the plane calm and the airoplane staff thinks hes wound up,and the dudes calm.I am not wound up look at my smiley face at the top, if i was Pi**D i would be showing a frowning face or my butt cheek.

13. EspritSE

EspritSE Formula Junior

Dec 1, 2003
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Craig
    Then I want to be you....:)

and please don't show me your butt cheek...

14. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    Aww no you dont want to be me, nobody likes me.Any way i have run out of P**S for our P**sing contest. Hey have a good day dude.

15. rikilamb

rikilamb Karting

Nov 13, 2003
    surrey
    Full Name:
    riki lamb
    $2000 was for the rear conv
    I have had two road cars with this system all O.K.
    and I use to drag race when younger (euro champ 5 years ) so I know how to use nitrous
    anyway I posted pics for interest not for a fight

16. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    Riki, one thing that you will learn with this site, you start messing with the Almighty Ferrari and you walk into turberlance. Usualy i find after a bit of banter every things ok again and usually folk are frends again, unles they have something personal against you.Remember hundreds of people read these threads and out of all them may be there may be a couple who have tiffs. And think about it i was in your corner,some times you have to stand up and be counted.

17. ETW

ETW Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    MA
    That must be pretty quick now, huh?

Is that a Gum Ball rally sticker on your bumper? Were you in one of them?

18. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    Cool Mitch! You are the only person I know of who knows what a helmholtz resonator is.

19. LAMAROSSA

LAMAROSSA Karting

Mar 22, 2004
    CT for Now
    Full Name:
    Lamarossa G. P.
    hahahahaha ****ing watching fast and furious too many times

Lamarossa

20. mk e

mk e F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    The twilight zone
    Full Name:
    The Butcher
    A few years back there was a basically anything goes motorcycle roadrace class. Most of the bikes were very large displacement, but one team ran 250cc GP bikes fitted with NOS and I think won the championship. The 250s could run faster lap times than any of the big bikes because they were much faster in the corners and could brake much later. But in the race, they found they would come up on the bigger bike coming into the corner and get stuck behind and lose their corner speed, then had no hope on the straight. They fitted NOS and used it to make the pass coming out of the turn. So it does have a place on the track.

21. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    Mark,

Mitch has his opinion running on the track 30% of the time. I run 100% track on road courses and I share his opinion. I would spend the huge $ supercharging by mechanical means before I did nitrous because I don't need anything else around me that supports combustion. I run a full track car with fire system full containment seat and head/neck restraint etc.. yes nitrous will do some wonderful things but I bet I can beat many on a road course 348 vs 348 and you can have the nitrous. It does not take any skill to press on an excelerator. If Ferrari want drag cars they would have made pre-c4 rubber burning corvettes.

22. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    NOS or N20 is illegal in 99% of track racing so why bother. That bike race is the first time I had ever heard of it being allowed to be used.

I do know of somebody that used to use a little of it to help is old race car keep up ... but that was totally illegal, and hence a crude and simple installation ... with the bottle in his overalls! ;)

Pete

23. kenyon

kenyon F1 Rookie

Oct 7, 2002
    East Yorkshire
    Full Name:
    Justin Kenyon
    My 348 Spyder has been chipped and heads reworked by Dimex and has 365 BHP. I ejnjoy it.
    0-100 km/h - 4.7 sec / 0-60 mph - 4.6 sec
    Top speed is 295 Km/h / 183 mph
    Max Rpm Limit - 8200 rpm
    Max Power Output – 269 Kw / 365 bhp (PS) at 7,800 rpm
    Max Torque – 375Nm / 278 lbs/ft at 5,200 rpm

24. 6.0 se

6.0 se F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 26, 2004
    Atlanta,ga. area
    Full Name:
    A.J.
    Most of the applications of nitrous are meant for 1 purpose.A kick in the azz when needed on the street.You can keep a car moderately stock,if the internals have a solid base,and use nitrous as a safe and reliable JOLT for the few times it might be needed.Or you can spend tons of money on permanent mods,and recoup none or little of the investment when you sell.I am not talking about track applications,as the majority of owners dont track their cars.I spent 75k on serious mods on a viper years ago,and of course lost that money when I sold.I now use my 03 srt10 as a daily driver,and spent a whopping 5k between nitrous and a couple of bolt ons,and the car has 712rwhp,and the great thing about it is the car is normal in all manners,until you hit the GO button,which in reality doesnt occur that often for most of us.I like the use of nitrous on a ferrari,if on demand power is what your looking for.Cool .

25. mk e

mk e F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    The twilight zone
    Full Name:
    The Butcher
    So would I....I'm currently at 22 psi and 600 hp (I think, dyno #s soon) in the 308 :)

That is the only class I've ever seen allow it, and I'm almost positive they have since changed the rules.

My only point was that it can be used effectively on a track. I have read many many posts that condem nos for some version of "ferraris are not dragsters, we run at the track". The truth is that most ferraris will never see a track of any kind and if all you want to do is accelerate (up to the speed limit) faster than the car next to you, NOS is by far the cheapest, easiest way to make that happen. I personally perfer to have the power always on and went with a supercharger, but it cost at least 10 times what a nos system would have.