Pics of 348 Nitrous and new rear | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Pics of 348 Nitrous and new rear

Discussion in '348/355' started by rikilamb, Apr 4, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mk e

mk e F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    The twilight zone
    Full Name:
    The Butcher
    It looks like we were typing similar thought, but you beat me to the "Submit rely" button.

2. bob348

bob348 Formula 3

Apr 13, 2004
    Liege, Belgium
    Full Name:
    Geoffrey
    N2O is only good for Integra NEVER Do that on a ferrari...please.
    If you want to get more HP from your f-cars, please do a good NA tunning, by changing cams, manifold, exhaust, whatever you want but please never forget that your engine is a ferrari's piece of art....

3. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    YAWN!.....sorry someone say something?

4. Bab13

Bab13 Rookie

Feb 6, 2004
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Barnabé
    Arrrrrrggggghhhh...!
    Sorry but I hate... It is no more a 348 but a 358 "Jacky Version"!

I thought that in England, there are only real Ferraristi....

Do you have also a hi-fi system with 3000 Watt?

5. rikilamb

rikilamb Karting

Nov 13, 2003
    surrey
    Full Name:
    riki lamb
    I didn't do it for you,I like it, even ferrari new they made a mistake and went back to the old lights

6. audionut

audionut Formula Junior

Apr 25, 2003
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Adrian Low
    Right ON! Buy what you like, and never let anyone tell you otherwise!

7. ernie

ernie Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    I think it's neat that you put NOS on your 348. Don't let the purists tell you other wise. It is your car, so make it you YOUR liking.

8. bob348

bob348 Formula 3

Apr 13, 2004
    Liege, Belgium
    Full Name:
    Geoffrey
    yes like on F512 M...no comment...

9. Bab13

Bab13 Rookie

Feb 6, 2004
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Barnabé
    The rear of the Testarossa: a mistake!!! Let me laugh!
    And the Design Award of 1989 ? (i am not sure of the year)

Okay, in 1994, the rear grill came old styled...
    But, why do you not buy a F355?
    And why NOS?
    Can you already control 300 hp without traction control? I don't speak about straight line...

Sorry about that, but when I see certain thing, I can't resist to open my mouth...

Bob348, je suis d'accord avec toi... Superbe photo sur le profil!!

10. bob348

bob348 Formula 3

Apr 13, 2004
    Liege, Belgium
    Full Name:
    Geoffrey
    it's his car and he does what he want, but please not nos on a ferrari.
    there are several way to improve the power of any engine, but nos is the cheapest, easiest, but also badest way for the engine.

Merci du compliment, on est sur la meme longeur d'onde pour les modifications sur les ferrari

11. airbarton

airbarton Formula 3

Nov 11, 2002
    Kennesaw, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Chuck Barton
    Billy, I understand where your coming from but I have to disagree with your last statement. The one problem 348's have on the street is lack of 0-60 performance. Let's face it, modern technology has passed the 348 by. It is not difficult to find a car that can beat the 348 0-60 these days. I for one would like to see my car perform more in line with todays muscle cars. The nitrous is a good way to accomplish that without major modification or expense. In fact, I found a system I am interested in but I am not sure if it will work on my car. Here is a link to Holley's web site.

http://www.holley.com/HiOctn/ProdLine/Products/NOS/NOSNS/NOSzle.html

I know you are very knowledgeable about these things so what do you think? Will this system work on the 348 engine? I assume it solves the dry manifold problem, is that true?

BTW, I have installed and used nitrous before in a car I use to drag race. It was incredible how well it worked, and I never had a single problem with it.

12. bob348

bob348 Formula 3

Apr 13, 2004
    Liege, Belgium
    Full Name:
    Geoffrey
    0-60 in 5.6s....lack performance....a all new carrera does the same time....

13. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    This might be important to those still in the throes of youthful testosterone overload; however as the previous responder indicated low 5.x 0->60 is still pretty respectable; but thats is not what Ferraris are for, NOR is it what streets are for.

14. airbarton

airbarton Formula 3

Nov 11, 2002
    Kennesaw, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Chuck Barton
    That may be true about the Carrera but there are plenty of other cars that will blow the doors off of the 348 0-60.

15. airbarton

airbarton Formula 3

Nov 11, 2002
    Kennesaw, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Chuck Barton
    No one said you had to race it on the street! Let's face it we all like to open our cars up once in awhile when it is safe and where it is appropriate. It would be nice for example to be able to feel the extra acceleration on the way up a long freeway on ramp.

16. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    But like I said before, If I want power, I want the kind of power I can use for hours at a time, not seconds.

I disagree that freeway on-ranps are not street (roads). The only thing they lack is oncomming traffic (99.7% of the time)

17. airbarton

airbarton Formula 3

Nov 11, 2002
    Kennesaw, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Chuck Barton
    I did not say freeway on ramps were not street roads. I said We all ( maybe I should have said some of us ) like to open up our cars once in awhile when and where it is appropriate. I don't think doing so on an empty freeway on ramp is a threat to anyones safety other than mine!