Pics of 599 GTOs spotted in Maranello! | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Pics of 599 GTOs spotted in Maranello!

Discussion in '612/599' started by Lars Theunissen, Apr 20, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SoCCieBon

SoCCieBon F1 Rookie

Sep 8, 2008
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Marc
    I am positively surprised by the grey one. Looks great in daylight!

2. Ferrarista3

Ferrarista3 F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2007
    MC/UK
    Full Name:
    Carlo
    I agree.

3. SilverF20C

SilverF20C Formula 3

Jun 22, 2004
    Lars, yet again, you provided another fantastic thread! Thank you for taking these and posting them here. :) BTW, love the look. Can't please everyone but from a 599 perspective, I think the subtle changes to the front for example look great.

4. Bronzage

Bronzage Formula 3

Sep 18, 2007
    West Africa
    Full Name:
    MJ
    the gray GTO is stunning...nicest one yet.

5. elipinski

elipinski Formula 3

May 14, 2006
    Full Name:
    Emanuel
    but at the unveiling in the evening we did not like it at all.....

6. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Lars, Carlo- I am with you on the CF. It looks good on dark cars, like the black one, and it looks great on the dark gray car. On white, yellow, silver, red, etc, not my cup of tea.

I actually would prefer the wheels to be available in a lighter color, too. Had a 2001 Corvette Z06 with gray wheels, and did not like them too much.

Moot point for me since I cannot afford one, even a normal 599, at any rate. Will have to live vicariously through you lucky owners.

At least I saw my first 599 at Wynn's last week. Not too many here in the sticks. Most days the most exotic car I will see is in my garage, just like it was in the 70s when I had Ferraris in Clovis, New Mexico.

Taz
    Terry Phillips

7. seanpburke

seanpburke Rookie

Jun 14, 2007
    Dublin, Ireland
    That grey one might just have changed my mind about the GTO.....

My god it looks good!!

S,

8. J. Salmon

J. Salmon F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 27, 2005
    VA
    I think it is because it's the only one without the godawful matte black roof. That thing makes it look like something a tuner would have come up with. The front looks great though.

It is a bit of a "don't have to ask what it costs" car at a time when people are asking what it costs. I am not saying it's not got the stuff, but I haven't heard too many folks complaining that their 599 is slow. Limited or not, I don't think it is going to fly off the shelves, and I think it's going to depreciate like a rock.

9. AJ

AJ Formula 3

Jun 23, 2008
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    The Grigio Ferro car is unreal.
    100% with you on that one.
    Sold out, apparently.

10. J. Salmon

J. Salmon F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 27, 2005
    VA
    So Ferrari sold 302 cars in the 1st quarter of 2010 in the US, and they managed to SELL 599 of these already? On top of orders for the Cali and 458? Wow. It's a good thing I am not in marketing.

11. Lars Theunissen

Lars Theunissen F1 Veteran

Mar 2, 2005
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Lars Theunissen
    #61 Lars Theunissen, Apr 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    The last pics:

Note the darkened rear & side windows on the last GTO - looks great in my opinion.

Opinions seem to be divided on this model, but for me, it´s simply the most beautiful and impressive Ferrari of the current production. The 599 GTB I like a lot, the 599 GTB HGTE I love, but the 599 GTO... I adore it!

Ciao,

Lars T.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. Bronzage

Bronzage Formula 3

Sep 18, 2007
    West Africa
    Full Name:
    MJ
    Is that GTO silverstone?

13. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    The standard bi-color roof is matt grigio silverstone. I am the only one so far with a matt black roof, so I must stand out in terms of "godawful-ness"!! I guess it all depends on the type of car. I would never paint the roof of my F40 black and my classic Ferraris are not even red, but on this car, the bi-color combination is quite successful in my opinion...

Regarding sales progress & price action, the car is NOT sold-out, despite what Autocar report. I am sure the car will face depreciation but I don't see why it will fare worse than a 360 Challenge Stradale. Similar production numbers, arguably the GTO is even more developed compared to the base car and it signals the end of the V12 era. The Enzo replacement will NOT be a V12

14. Ferrarista3

Ferrarista3 F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2007
    MC/UK
    Full Name:
    Carlo
    #64 Ferrarista3, Apr 24, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2010
    I agree. I also think that the 599 is the best looking production Ferrari since the Daytona. The 599 GTO is nothing short of stunning IMVHO.

...but what do I know?

15. J. Salmon

J. Salmon F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 27, 2005
    VA
    Sorry, didn't mean to offend. For me, I am not a big fan of the bi-color, but I can't imagine doing it anything other than black, to match the carbon accents, so I just assumed they were all like that. And keep in mind, there is plenty of dark green envy tainting the color of my comments :) Just because I think it is going to depreciate doesn't mean I wouldn't saw my left foot off with a plastic knife to get one.

16. speed racer

speed racer Formula 3

Feb 16, 2008
    Burr Ridge IL.
    Full Name:
    PJ
    I will spec my car with a black roof as well. I think its a big departure from the standard GTB & HGTE and really seperates a GTO from the rest of the pack. It just makes everything about the car "POP" visually and adds depth to the car as a whole. But thats me and apparently you as well. I think we will both be happy with our choices.

17. solowmodel

solowmodel Formula Junior

Jul 31, 2009
    Seoul, London, VA
    Full Name:
    WK
    Huh. Seems all the buyers here have so far gone the bi-colour route.

Was thinking about the stripes personally..

18. Tenney

Tenney F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 21, 2001
    It's possible to have both.

19. Scuderia-F1

Scuderia-F1 Formula Junior

Apr 29, 2008
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Anders
    Looks like grigio ferro met, but I can be wrong on this!

20. Lars Theunissen

Lars Theunissen F1 Veteran

Mar 2, 2005
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Lars Theunissen
    Yes, it´s Grigio Ferro - it´s the same car as posted earlier in this thread.

Ciao,

Lars T.

PS: I LOVE the two-tone paint treatment on the GTO!

21. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    No offence taken!! All opinions are welcome here and clearly people have different tastes which is what makes cars so interesting. I fully respect your views on the color and I actually agree on the price performance

Depreciation is an issue...My view on the actual size of the depreciation is based on past experience buying and selling these types of cars. If Ferrari discontinue the V12, no-one knows how this car will do... As it stands it will drop for sure

22. solowmodel

solowmodel Formula Junior

Jul 31, 2009
    Seoul, London, VA
    Full Name:
    WK
    Didn't know that. Would be interesting to see this. I wonder if it would look too 'busy'.

23. speed racer

speed racer Formula 3

Feb 16, 2008
    Burr Ridge IL.
    Full Name:
    PJ
    Build one on the ferrari configure machine . I tried it with a black roof,wheels and racing stripe. Order it the way you want it. Just come up with the extra 8K USD. for the stripe.

24. Scuderia-F1

Scuderia-F1 Formula Junior

Apr 29, 2008
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Anders
    The two-tone is AWESOME on the 599, liked since someone posted the pics of the Bianco Fuji / Nero 599GTB from Monte Carlo!

25. davide b

davide b Formula Junior

Mar 6, 2007
    montecarlo
    Full Name:
    davide
    mine was white with blue stripes