Pics of 599 GTOs spotted in Maranello! | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Pics of 599 GTOs spotted in Maranello!

Discussion in '612/599' started by Lars Theunissen, Apr 20, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH

2. fredhart

fredhart Karting

Mar 22, 2006
    I agree with those saying the carbon fiber looks like plastic. One wonders why they don't just outsource the processing to pagani, who's just around the corner?

I understand Ferrari likes to exploit their traditions, and the idea that they build engines and throw the body in for free is still considered quite charming in some quarters, but one can rely on glib charm for only so long.

even the tiny koenwhateversegg is producing CF with a beautiful finish and exquisite jewel like precision. perhaps with Pinnfarina out of the picture, Ferrari can bring the whole body works division in-house, hire a few real craftsmen, and produce a body worthy of the design and engine.

3. CarbBoxer

CarbBoxer Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2008
    Houston
    Full Name:
    PW
    I agree 100%.

4. The Hawk

The Hawk Karting

Jun 2, 2005
    Italy
    Lars we want to see the others pics! :)

5. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    I would second the request of 'The Hawk' for more Maranello views! Don't be holding out on us for too long Lars.

We also miss the keen observations of 'The Hawk' here to. NO Green Ferrari lately?
    CH

6. Lars Theunissen

Lars Theunissen F1 Veteran

Mar 2, 2005
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Lars Theunissen
    OK, you want more pics of Maranello? You will get more pics of Maranello :D

I´ll start a new thread in the showroom section, showing the more interesting colour combinations on the other Ferraris spotted.

Ciao,

Lars T.

7. Lars Theunissen

Mar 2, 2005
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Lars Theunissen
  8. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Awesome cars!! :D:D

Who do I have to kill to get one? :eek::eek:

9. dgfhdfgh

dgfhdfgh Guest

Jan 30, 2009
    Excellent work as always from Lars, to whom I still owe some photos of the 612 lost in the Mac collapse (disc is sent away for recovery...). I am just catching up with the threads on the GTO between business trips at the moment; I suspect that the cars that have specific racing liveries might still be at Zanasi as the process certainly takes longer to complete; the exact specs from many customers should be coming in en masse so I would expect greater variety as time progresses.

Lars, any trips planned for late October?

10. M-individual

M-individual F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2007
    GTO, 458C, GT3RS
    Thanks for the pics Lars. Makes the wait a bit easier ;)

11. Lars Theunissen

Mar 2, 2005
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Lars Theunissen
    Hey John,

Yes, I think you're right on the customer cars being specced. Probably most of the GTOs I spotted will have been those already built by Ferrari before client orders started coming in (f.e they might have been the cars used for the introduction). I did see some half-finished GTOs on Zanasi-trucks, like one in Bianco Fuji and one in Rosso Fuoco, for example. These will more likely be client-specced cars now going into production.

Any trips planned for late October? Not yet, but maybe :)

Ciao,

Lars T.

12. Lars Theunissen

Mar 2, 2005
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Lars Theunissen
    My pleasure!

I sure know the feeling of having to wait, as I'm currently in the happy process of speccing a new car myself. It's not in the same league as a Ferrari though, but still quite nice for me: A VW Passat CC. Even at VW, speccing an individual colour is possible, which is a route I'd like to take to make my car stand out from the others. Oh well... back to Ferraris now :)

Ciao,

Lars T.

13. ferrariKP

ferrariKP F1 Rookie

Jul 29, 2004
    BKK/ LOS
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    This car is growing on me...

14. Bronzage

Bronzage Formula 3

Sep 18, 2007
    West Africa
    Full Name:
    MJ
    I am a fan of the 612 over the 599...but the way the GTO is put together...the subtle tweeks have made the car come together.

I am in love with it.

15. Ferri

Ferri Formula Junior

Dec 26, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Hugo Garritsen
    #90 Ferri, May 7, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  16. Bronzage

Bronzage Formula 3

Sep 18, 2007
    West Africa
    Full Name:
    MJ
    oh wow.....pls keep em commin.

17. TrojanHorse

TrojanHorse Formula Junior

Mar 1, 2005
    South Texas
    Full Name:
    Paul
    #92 TrojanHorse, May 7, 2010
    Last edited: May 7, 2010
    What color is this car?

I've spec'd 2 different options at Atelier--and will need to make decision (likely late summer) on which to go with once I have a firm production date.

One is Pozzi with matt grey top, grey wheels and white stripes...quite a bit like the xx running now in the factory program. The other is more traditional Ferrari GTO.

I'm still very undecided--mostly because I'm having a hard time getting a feel for how pozzi will actually look in natural light/roads versus just under the bright flourescents at xx storage at the factory or on the configuror system.

The top/wheels on this car are a problem with this blue for me but how did the body color really look at the track?

18. Tenney

Tenney F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 21, 2001
    Yeah, but those front rotors in the 2nd pic make it all better!

19. TrojanHorse

TrojanHorse Formula Junior

Mar 1, 2005
    South Texas
    Full Name:
    Paul
    True...as you know, its a "smoking hot" car and in this pic, its running at full boil!

20. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    #95 of2worlds, May 7, 2010
    Last edited: May 7, 2010
    This looks like TdF Blu as it's quite a bit brighter than the Blu Scozia (not Pozzi) for example that was on the 599xx recently featured in Ferrari Magazine 8.
    I personally like the Grigio Ferro example Lars photographed. Black wheels and a black stripe would be a very effective look...
    The hood stripe without a border on the Blu Scozia 599xx doesn't really work but the car is deadly stripe or no stripe.
    CH

21. fonzie

fonzie Karting

Feb 4, 2010
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Andrea

I have specified my GTO nurburing silver with racing black livery and black wheels.
    My other option (and still love the idea) was Scottish blue with white racing livery but avoiding the grey top...it was too much, too many colors. In my opinion this configuration (the historical colors - scottish flag - of Stirling Moss' car) is drop dead gorgeous. Just avoid to have the side mirrors white painted (it is a unpleasent side spot to see) but have them scottish blu as well!

22. Bronzage

Bronzage Formula 3

Sep 18, 2007
    West Africa
    Full Name:
    MJ
    #97 Bronzage, May 10, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Here is a picture of my old Pozzi 360 from different angles, let me know if it helps.

I am considering a couple of color combos and am very lost. I like the Grigio Ferro, but also was thinking of some alternative combos. I would be interested to know if they can do the roof in carbon....I think that would be amazing.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

23. Drive550PFB

Drive550PFB Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Blue! WOW!

This car is leaving me speechless.

24. Scuderia980

Scuderia980 F1 Rookie

Aug 12, 2006
    Mountains--Colorado
    Full Name:
    Dave S. V
    2nd that! all it needs is a silver stripe.... wow...