Pics of 599 GTOs spotted in Maranello! | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Pics of 599 GTOs spotted in Maranello!

Discussion in '612/599' started by Lars Theunissen, Apr 20, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Hawkeye

Hawkeye F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2009
    Wonder why the blue car has no crease in the hood/bonnet like the other GTO's?

2. origo

origo Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2007
    In my garage
    Full Name:
    Kjell I.
    The blue one....TDF?

3. Dimitar

Dimitar Formula Junior

Mar 21, 2007
    Boston
    I've noticed that as well. May be the blue is not a GTO at all....

4. [gTr]

[gTr] Formula 3

Mar 11, 2008
    Hamburg, Germany
    The hood is a 599 hood as it is lacking the twin cutouts as well. Also the exhaust is HGTE exhaust (or at least the tips are). Although the hood, wheels and the exhaust tips are not GTO standard the car does have the brake donuts on top of the GTO front and rear bumpers, which makes me believe that it is indeed a GTO.

5. thecheddar

thecheddar Formula 3

Jun 29, 2006
    Santa Monica
    Full Name:
    Cheddar, The
    #105 thecheddar, May 16, 2010
    Last edited: May 16, 2010
    The wheels would indicate that it's a prototype, I'd think. But with the standard 599 hood and glowing rotors (they'd never do that to a customer car, would they?), I think these could be the first pics of the "599M". The replacement/evolution for the 599 is calendared after all...

Any guesses?

6. TrojanHorse

TrojanHorse Formula Junior

Mar 1, 2005
    South Texas
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Hood is not GTO. Top is but never seen a white option even offered. Also, not GTO wheels--either standard or optional. And, I don't see how you'd be able to see glowing discs if they were behind donuts, so no donuts imo.

My guess is as you say--"proto type" new edition but could just be HGTE that was "ordered" through special program differently--and its being tested. The 2nd blue car coming out doesn't have white top--but also doesn't have GTO hood but front bumper seems correct. Again, might be HGTE special--looks dark for Tdf but color is quite nice.

Ideas?

7. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    #107 of2worlds, May 17, 2010
    Last edited: May 17, 2010
    There were some earlier pictures here (pictures from Hugo in post #90) of a blue 599 running at Fiorano and the brakes were clearly glowing in that case. The later pictures (post #98) look like the same blue car with the same style broad flat spoke black wheels. While the hood (in post #98) doesn't have the centre crease the earlier pictures (post #90) show the GTO style venting behind the rear tires on that (same?) 599.
    CH

8. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Pozzi Blue

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. M-individual

M-individual F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2007
    GTO, 458C, GT3RS
    I'm not a huge fan of this combination. Seems to be a US car.

10. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Not my cup of tea too. I posted it because it's always interesting to see a GTO in a new color.

For me red is the only color that fits the car well. I like yellow too. Too bad the one posted by Lars has the plastic covering.

11. Drive550PFB

Drive550PFB Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

For me, the Pozzi Blue is the greatest color ever.

In my humble opinion, the only car I have seen that I like more is a black Enzo.

12. Ferrarista3

Ferrarista3 F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2007
    MC/UK
    Full Name:
    Carlo
    #112 Ferrarista3, May 25, 2010
    Last edited: May 25, 2010
    I also like Blu Pozzi, but IMO the matte-grey roof doesn't work well with it.

I think that the matte-grey roof works well as a contrast with lighter colors (red, yellow, white, silver etc)...but it looks a bit out of place on a dark blue car.

Just a matter of taste of course....

13. TrojanHorse

TrojanHorse Formula Junior

Mar 1, 2005
    South Texas
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Its a cool look, but only with accent--the key for this car to pop is to have a white stripe, a la one of the 599xx that is outfitted with this basic/near combo and stipes.

14. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Did anybody notice the centre caps for the wheels don't have a yellow background for the now silver horse?
    You don't think it starts getting too busy with a gray roof over pozzi body adorned with white stripes?
    Painted gray roof is sort of a cheap imitation of what Maserati did with the Bora years ago...

Who was it that said 'speak softly but carry a big stick'? Solid Pozzi Blu would do nicely.
    CH

15. Blue4reF1

Blue4reF1 Formula 3

Jun 12, 2007
    Plantation, FL
    Full Name:
    Blake Simon
    G-d, those orange US side markers kill the car :( Must be the Pozzi that makes it pop

16. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Hmmmm Which American collector always orders his new Ferrari dark blue...
    CH

17. AJ

AJ Formula 3

Jun 23, 2008
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    I was thinking the same thing.

18. Tenney

Tenney F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 21, 2001
    Optional carbon piece. Yellow w/black horse will be standard.

19. Drive550PFB

Drive550PFB Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Do tell.

20. VisualHomage

VisualHomage F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2006
    San Antonio
    The dark metallic grey one is stunning; lots of accents and elements come out on that one more than others. I'm not in love with the whole black roof thing on the others.

21. M-individual

M-individual F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2007
    GTO, 458C, GT3RS
    Pozzi is indeed a nice colour but as I wrote ... it's the combination (grey matt roof and rims combined with the Pozzi) that doesn't work for me.

Two tone is stunning on the 599 imo but for me it only works with the darker colour for the top and brighter colour for the body.

In the end ... colours are very personal and I'm sure that the owner will be very happy with his (her) choice :)

22. ferrariKP

ferrariKP F1 Rookie

Jul 29, 2004
    BKK/ LOS
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    Nice car...I like it! Reminding me of MC12, I dont know why!?!

23. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    The American collector Peter Kalikow always orders his new Ferrari in blue. Be it a Barchetta or Enzo and even the one off 612 Kappa; all his cars are blue. The 599 GTO pictured looks like something he would order and I can't think of too many Americans who would get their car ahead of him...
    CH

24. cesman

cesman Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 13, 2008
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Craig
    I saw this car at Fiorano and IMHO the GTO needs a lighter colour for the real effect of the body changes to show through. It really does look a lot like a regular 599GTB in this colour. The effect of the black mesh front, the rear bumper outlets. the larger scoops ahead of the front wheels as well as the reprofiled front end are much more difficult to see in this colour. Red for me!

25. M-individual

M-individual F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2007
    GTO, 458C, GT3RS
    +2 ;)