Pics of vintages I find/see on the net. | Page 166 | FerrariChat

Pics of vintages I find/see on the net.

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by amenasce, Oct 12, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    I really wish that Octane finally delivers my paid subscription issues to my place in Switzerland...........Have been a subscriber for many years. Since Covid (2021/2022) I only receive about 50 percent of the Octane issues. All the others simply disappear and never show up in my mail. Octane is the ONLY British mag that is unable or unwilling to solve these delivery problems. I have many other UK mag subscriptions and none of the other magazines arrives with delay or not at all.
    An inacceptable shame that Octane takes my money and still doesn't deliver. WTF is wrong with Octane?

Marcel Massini

tritone, Jack-the-lad and turbo-joe like this.
  2. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    marcel, it is british
    not for nothing they are called "inselaffen". I not like to translate this word into english, may be it makes a different sense?

3. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Hello Marcel, as you and I discussed previously, the editorial office of Octane I deal with for my articles is very well run, very efficient, talented and helpful, the rest of the publication not so much...As has been established Numerous times this is something only the owners could sort out, not the editorial office and certainly not an external freelance such as yours truly.

For example my eleven page Maserati 450S #4504 feature in Octane issue #238 came out a Month ago... I never received my copy. I had to buy one in Lausanne Saturday.

Some good news; my article on 250 GTO #5575GT will be the cover story of Octane #241, the actual twentieth anniversary commemorative issue of Octane magazine.

Bryanp and Jack-the-lad like this.
  4. PBE624

PBE624 Formula Junior

Jan 18, 2005
    De Panne Belgium
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Quiz question: location of this picture taken in 1992:
    [​IMG]
    copyright Dutch/Belgium subforum

readplays likes this.
  5. Deemeyere Wim

Deemeyere Wim Formula Junior

Sep 17, 2019
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Wim Demeyere
    Garage Francochamps Lozenberg at Zaventem in Belgium, during the FF40.

readplays likes this.
  6. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    I fully understand and agree.

Marcel Massini

dino69 and turbo-joe like this.
  7. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Is that 4091GT second from left?

8. PBE624

PBE624 Formula Junior

Jan 18, 2005
    De Panne Belgium
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Good catch Wim :)
    From same event:
    [​IMG]

9. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Marcel,

It sounds like we have different problems. I’ve stopped receiving the magazine….period; no intermittent or occasional deliveries. No magazines at all.

The email address for resolving subscription problems isn’t even to actual Octane staff. It’s an out-sourced service. Their research is very superficial. They confirm what their computer screen tells them: the issue was mailed. But they do not dig deeper to make sure that the correct address is in the system, that it is actually creating a mailing label, etc. I’ve had at least three interactions with them, all negative results.

Until last year Octane used a U.S. company for subscription service here. It was very good. I talked to the owner several times. If I ever missed an issue (rarely) a replacement would be mailed the next day. I don’t know why that company no longer represents Octane in the U.S. but I imagine a bigger company sold them on their “superior service” or Octane simply didn’t want to deal will a small vendor. Either way, service and satisfaction have suffered.

tritone and Nembo1777 like this.
  10. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    The British "Octane" magazine people are real criminals, thieves and crooks. YES.
    They take my money and don't deliver. This has started during the Covid years (2020/2021/2022).
    Numerous emails sent to all sorts of people at "Octane" or any of their helpers/outsourced agents.
    Little to no response. All of this is completely unacceptable.
    Still, NO magazine. And I have not changed my address since 16 years. And before anybody asks, yes I have paid.
    The mag is not available on any newsstand in Switzerland, not even at Zurich airport (which is 20 mins from where I live).

Marcel Massini

11. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    #4136 Nembo1777, Mar 23, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2023
    Perhaps not available in the German speaking part but in Geneva I find it all the time at Kiosk and I did so at Kiosk in Lausanne Saturday. Sorry you are having these problems but I am not a part of the company. For sure there is a serious problem....

PS: When I have tried to discuss it with the editorial office they always do what they can even though it is not their remit but the other departments are the problem and the editorial office has their hands tied, there is only so much they can do.

12. ursoenzo

ursoenzo Formula Junior

Jul 20, 2006
    Austria
    Full Name:
    Christian Rauch
    4091GT was there
    the only GTO with the 64 body
    so it should be 4091GT

Nembo1777 likes this.
  13. DWR46

DWR46 Formula 3
    Honorary

Jun 19, 2012
    Marcel: You are not alone. I get Octane sporadically. For a few months, all OK, and then nothing. Sometimes I will get two issues within a few days. I call and complain, and they say they will send a replacement, but it never arrives either.

14. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
  15. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    ivo73 likes this.
  16. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
  17. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    375+ likes this.
  18. Bjoern Schmidt

Bjoern Schmidt Karting

Mar 6, 2005
    Stuttgart/Germany
    Full Name:
    Bjoern Schmidt
    Same here with me in Germany. I finally gave up to receive my copies of Octane. Surprisingly all my other UK-subscriptions work fine.

ivo73 likes this.
  19. Wi11am

Wi11am Karting

Oct 6, 2019
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    William Morton
    ERA likes this.
  20. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    you may have a look at the kiosk at the main train station zuerich. may be they have?

21. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
  22. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    During a phone conversation with a medical insurance support line the operator told me she used to work at the post office and the guys there couldn't wait for the car mags to show up. They would just take them home. This explained why I only received a fraction of issues I paid for and then never renewed any more subscriptions.

Nembo1777 likes this.
  23. Aardy

Aardy F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 21, 2004
    France
    Full Name:
    Cyril TESTE
    fiatosca likes this.
  24. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Another GTO Engineering replica.

Aardy likes this.
  25. Aardy

Aardy F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 21, 2004
    France
    Full Name:
    Cyril TESTE
    Yes, now they put bumpers and metallic colours on their replicas, it’s difficult to see it’s not a real car but fortunatelly, the grill is always ugly. I will never understand the interest in driving a replica. Poor guys !

BtvFerrari, Wi11am and GIOTTO like this.