Pictures of our new house | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Pictures of our new house

Discussion in 'Creative Arts' started by Amir, Dec 15, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Amir

Amir Formula Junior

Feb 15, 2003
    TX
    #51 Amir, Dec 15, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. Amir

Amir Formula Junior

Feb 15, 2003
    TX
    #52 Amir, Dec 15, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. JOEV

JOEV F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 6, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Well done Amir - congratulations. I really like the library - what an awesome space to get lost in a book.

What is that architectural style called? French something?

BTW - when is the housewarming party? I will bring a 6-pack of Bud as my contribution :)

Joe

4. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    Amir,

That is just gorgeous! A friend of mine just completed his 15,000 sqaure foot home on the lake and it is quite huge... couldn't imagine having an additional 3,000 sq.ft. Wow! Enjoy...

5. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    Amir, thank you for sharing such a beautiful and personal achievement with all of us. i have never seen any home as nice as that in my life! best wishes to you and your family as you settle in and enjoy the holiday season. wow!

6. KennyH

KennyH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 13, 2001
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    Beautiful house, the only house that I have been to that is similar is Nelson Peltz's mansion- but that doesn't count because he has an ice rink, movie theatre, and helipad as well as a putting/chipping green as well as various different guest houses and a staff of 50+... Ahh, I miss this summer..

7. redjeeper

redjeeper Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Flowood, MS
    Full Name:
    Anthony Griffin
    That has got to be the nicest house I have ever seen. Well, I guess its back to the drawing boards, I need to rework my list of lifetime goals, I think I might have missed some stuff. :)

8. jonesn

jonesn Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    STL-MO
    Full Name:
    Evan "Trouble" Jones
    Hey, that's my guest house! How did you get on my property?

9. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    talking about sq footage...rumor has it that a well know money manager in greenwich CT just added a 30,000 sq ft addition to his current place...pretty crazy...

10. 348paul

348paul Formula 3

Dec 27, 2002
    Kent - UK
    Full Name:
    Paul Hill
    Very nice!!

Does it have a map just in case you get lost! "You are here" with a dot on the map !!

When is the House warming party!

Paul

11. spidr

spidr Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2003
    How much is your A/C bill?

12. Chip D

Chip D Formula Junior

Sep 13, 2003
    Louisiana
    Stunning house Amir
    Keep the pics coming
    Is the garage going to be as nice as the rest of the house ie. special floors etc.?

13. F328 BobD

F328 BobD Formula 3

Mar 17, 2001
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    BobD
    I don't think A/C is an issue here. Congrats Amir, that's even nicer than the house I grew up in. We had a family of five in this 900 square foot 2 bedroom/2 bath beauty. And oh, those Chicago winters!

14. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Amir, J. Glickenhaus is gonna get mad if he catches you posting pictures of his basement on the chat...! :)

Seriously, your home is beyond beautiful... The foyer/alcove is breathtaking... i would soil myself if i ever walked into a place like that and found it was someone's HOME and not The Ritz... Very awesome, cool place you've got there... Please post more pictures...

15. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    AMIR

WHERE WILL YOUR DAD PUT THE STATUE OF SADDAM HUSSEIN THEY TOOK DOWN IN IRAQ????

16. androza

androza Karting

Nov 4, 2003
    Amazing house. I used to be an architecture major (until I decided I couldn't stand it) and allows bemoaned the loss of the classic styles. I also love the use of lighting, such as the dining room and AV room. Kudos on the exterior, its gorgeous.

My one question is what do you do with that much space? Do you have tons of furniture, large open spaces, or what?

17. TC (Houston)

TC (Houston) Formula Junior

Feb 5, 2002
    Houston
    Man, that is freakin unbelievable. I've caught a glimpse of that beautiful monster a few times and was wondering who owned it. Congratulations to you and your family on your new home.

18. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    That house is awesome. I have only seen one bigger in my life and I really couldn't see that much of it. There is a house in Moorestown that is every bit of 46,000 sq. ft. it is amazing, but very little of it can be seen from outside the gates. Your house though is awesome. Can you see it from the road? How many garages do you have?
    Erik

19. mighty

mighty Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    I'm surprised nobody asked this yet...What do you do for a living?

20. Sensational1

Sensational1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Rancho Palos Verdes
    Full Name:
    Michael Basic
    As well as that, I am interested how much that house costs per square foot to build with materials and style of that quality?

21. F328 BobD

F328 BobD Formula 3

Mar 17, 2001
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    BobD
    I believe this question needs to be directed to Amir's Dad.

22. ty (360mode)

ty (360mode) Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2002
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Tim
    would be cool to get the grand tour. i'll be sure to bring the compass and food supplies in case i get lost...

23. Amir

Amir Formula Junior

Feb 15, 2003
    TX
    jonesn: I slipped a Ben Franklin to your guard outside, and he was kind enough to let me in ;)

RickyN F355: Ricky, that's amazing! 30k sq foot addition?? How large was the house before the addition?

Paul: Thanks for the comments

spidr: Couldn't tell you, since we haven't received a bill yet, while the house has been occupied

F328 BobD: I feel for you.......Terribly small confined space for a family of 5.....how did you survive!?

Bruce: No comment.....I wasn't trying to instigate anything by posting these pictures.

androza: That is an excellent question, I might have an answer for you once I've been there for longer then a month ;). There are still quite a few empty rooms, as we have not received all our furniture.

TC (Houston): The property used to be Robert Sakowitz's, the individual who owned Sakowitz furs...... What part of Houston are you in?

Teenferrarifan : Thank you for your comments as well. As far as the garages are concerned, there are 3 seperate garages, additionally, the house can accomodate up to 25 cars utilizing the space out front.... Would definitely be an awesome site with 25 F-cars parked out front :). The house is visible from the road, and as a matter of fact there are quite a few people who I've seen stop and take pictures of the house from their car.

24. ForzaFerrari

ForzaFerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 25, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Waldo

I'm speachless....OMG what a beautiful 'Dallas' house :) I just bought my first house...an apartement (3 rooms) 80 square metres...am very happy with it, but...when I see something like yours...wow....
    very very nice indeed!!! :) concrats!

25. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    not 100% sure but it was about 40,000...i wouldnt even call it house anymore...