Pictures of our new house | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Pictures of our new house

Discussion in 'Creative Arts' started by Amir, Dec 15, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ernie

ernie Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    Amir that is beautiful. Very inspiring. I dare not show my wife these pictures. She has been bugging for a bigger house. If she sees these she is gonna really push the issue. How about some pics of the power plant. With that many lights you are gonna need one.

2. Artherd

Artherd F1 Veteran

Jun 19, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ben Cannon
    Amir- It was great meeting you at Dan's house after the bay area get-together (was it after Sears Point? I know I still had my car then.) Did you ever solve your 'stealth' fun car dilema?

I like what you've done with the indirect lighting. I confess more than a small infatuation with it myself! Did you use LED lighting for the dome? It reminds me a bit of the dome in teh SPI screening room (Sony Pictures, Imageworks, they have a sweet full size private 35 and 70mm theater all their own.)

Here are a few shots of my recent theater with a fiber optical star celing! It is still under construction, and only about half of the stars are in. Sadly, this one did not go for the 'correct' star look. I hope to incorporate an accurately sized and weighted sterially-accurate star celing into my own theater. I use 6500K color temp white LEDs for the right 'starlight' look.

"the house can accomodate up to 25 cars utilizing the space out front.... "

Hey, are you thinking what I am thinking?

"Would definitely be an awesome site with 25 F-cars parked out front "

Aaaah, sweet, you are :)

All the best to you and yours, and thanks for sharing!

Best!
    Ben.

3. Artherd

Artherd F1 Veteran

Jun 19, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ben Cannon
    Another. The treatment I use on this theater is very light absorbant, so even with the house lights at 10%, the camera literally only picks up the screen and the fiber celing.

This was done to allow the fibre celing to stay lit while watching a movie, withought destroying the black level of the film. (that, and proper selection of Stewart StudioTek 130, enough gain to light the room and reject ambient, but not so much as to make hotspots or crimb the blacks.)

The screen is 10' on a side, backed by a 9" tube projector.

4. Artherd

Artherd F1 Veteran

Jun 19, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ben Cannon
    A shot of my very first theater (many moons ago.) note the indirect lighting :)

Best!
    Ben.

5. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Everybody get in line, as we prepare to dine on squirrel previously offered by NOCAR (he of the hilarious annotation & pic).

However, here you see David Bowman in one of the guest bedrooms in Amir's home.

Seriously, that's a nice joint, Amir. Obviously, many an F-Chatter has already been inspired by these photos to do whatever it is they do - with a firmer resolve - and to one and all - I wish ambitions to be fulfilled. That, as I see it, is the purpose of this photographic evidence. I can certainly see why you've been absent for too long and second most importantly, look forward to more of your input on F-Chat. Most important is to have a happy home, big or small.

6. Modificata

Modificata F1 Rookie

Apr 27, 2003
    Hampton, England
    Full Name:
    Andy Rasool
    Fabulous house Amir!

7. Amir

Amir Formula Junior

Feb 15, 2003
    TX
    Thanks again guys.

Wax: Excellent way of putting it :)

Ben, that theatre looks awesome. Can you list the various components that you are using in the theatre?

8. TC (Houston)

TC (Houston) Formula Junior

Feb 5, 2002
    Houston
    Amir, I live a couple of blocks from Shepherd and W. Gray.

I'd be up for an F-chat get together at some point. Can't let those Dallas guys have all the fun.

9. Amir

Amir Formula Junior

Feb 15, 2003
    TX

Awesome...

I believe bobafett started a thread over in the TX section...

10. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    mi casa su casa...

11. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    mi garage su garage...

12. mr. green

mr. green Formula Junior
    BANNED

Oct 31, 2003
    Is your daddy Tony Montana!

13. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Amir,

Congrats, My electrical firm is involved in several homes in your River Oaks neighborhood.

Sakowitz Furs always gives excellent service on my coyote stroller.

We are going to hold the Pinnacle Motorsports Christmas Party at Davy Jones Kart Zone this evening at 7:00PM. All Houston FChat dudes drop on in! Try for a fast lap.

Where's my helment?? I hate moving! I can't find anything!

Speedy308

14. 1992F40

1992F40 Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2002
    Amir,

That is absolutely stunning! I grew up in H-town and graduated highschool from there and then moved up here to Dallas. My best friend still lives in Houston, next time I am in town I will have to do a drive by to check out your new home-just amazing! Congrats!

best regards,
    Marcus

15. tigermilk

tigermilk Formula Junior

Jul 12, 2001
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    James P. Smith
    Damn. I need a new job. Working for the government is fine if you want to live in the burbs south of Houston, but I'm a long way from River Oaks. Nice house.

16. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    May i ask what you need all that room for?. Beautiful home, looks like somthing out of a movie...

17. Matt LaMotte

Matt LaMotte Formula 3

Oct 30, 2002
    Amir,
    All I can say is WOW!!! That is a truly amazing home you have. Congratulations on getting it built and doing it your way. I'd love to see some more pictures when you get a chance. How many people beside yourself live there. That would be one hell of a bachelor pad for a guy my age.

18. JOEV

JOEV F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 6, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Tom "need" is a slippery slope in our culture of capitalism and free enterprise. After all, everyone on this board loves a certain kind of car that no one actually "needs" right?

IMHO, what one needs is irrelevant, what one has is a combination of what one wants and what one can afford.

Same thing I say to the anti-SUV crowd.

19. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    Just to break up the expanse of the foyer it would seem to me that a couple of well placed Fcars would do nicely.

DJ

20. mighty

mighty Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Alright, what does your dad do for a living Amir?

21. Tennlee

Tennlee Formula Junior

Feb 10, 2002
    Great Smoky Mountains
    Beautiful maison, Amir!

22. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    wow!!!
    Thats one biggg house!
    Congrats!

23. fanatic1

fanatic1 Guest

Nov 1, 2003
    columbus
    Full Name:
    philip
    Yeah Amir,

I love the house, but of course I'd like to know what you or your dad does/did for a living........you don't have to be specific, but some of the fun of reading about other peoples wealth/good fortune is knowing how they made it for themselves..........just curious. That house is Beautiful. Also would like to see some pictures of your dads jets!!

:)

24. spidr

spidr Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2003

In other words SPILL THE BEANS so we can all do exactly what he did!!
    Or at least give us a hint! Winner gets to throw a new penny in the reflection pool...

25. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    Did anyone suggest that all of FChat stage a 2004 Member Party at this house?