Pikes Peak International event | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Pikes Peak International event

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain' started by Roland E Linder, Aug 30, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. andymo1972

andymo1972 Formula Junior

Mar 9, 2004
    Ft Lauderdale, FL
    Full Name:
    Andy L
    Patrick - Great seeing you again too. Glad you finally got some things resolved with your car.

Frank - Great seeing you again as well. Hopefully your issues on Sun were nothing major. Keep us advised on the status. As Roland said, this is a great place to share information.

Tim - great talking with you Sat night. Hopefully I'll be back in the spring to give you another obstacle to pass in your Caterham

2. Caruso360

Caruso360 Karting

May 1, 2003
    Regarding the "white puff" in the engine bay, reveals grease rather than oil residue. It very well may be a blown CV boot which subsequently sent grease to a hot manifold. However, I haven't had it Helmified yet. Fingers crossed!

3. Roland E Linder

Roland E Linder Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder
    Andy, I have a cool pics of you in the Indy. I need your e-mail to send it to you in Fl.
    Take care, be good to my tires..
    Roland
    F40LM

4. andymo1972

Mar 9, 2004
    Ft Lauderdale, FL
    Full Name:
    Andy L
    Thanks Roland, I sent you a PM with my address.

Be good to your tires? If by good you mean driving the crud out of them until the cords show through, I'll do that!! I have my front tires on the way here from Bob but they got delayed due to the weather down here. I'll get them soon though. My car will be here in a week or 2, just in time for Sebring.

You guys have a blast at Mead!

5. Roland E Linder

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder
    Andy, you got my message right : get them to the cord !!! We will miss you at Mead and of course at PPIR early October..Glad that your car will miss the Tornado..
    Take care and stay dry.
    Roland
    F40LM
    Did you get the pic in the Indy car ???

6. andymo1972

Mar 9, 2004
    Ft Lauderdale, FL
    Full Name:
    Andy L
    Roland - I did get the pics you sent, thank you very much. We lost power soon after I received them for about 20 hours or so. Our high speed internet is still down. I'm using a connection through a cell phone right now, it's slow but it's better than nothing.

7. johnnyferrari

johnnyferrari Karting

May 26, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    John Moore
    Hey Andy:

Hope all is well with you and yours as Hurricane No. 2 is coming through!

I got your VM regarding the wheels ect., so I will call you over the weekend. Roland and I are heading to Mead tomorrow for some more spirited action. The in car video from PPIR is amazing.

I have posted a new picture of my Indy car experience in Greg Gorden’s 1999 G-Force. See if you like the graphics!

Also, I got to drive Russell’s car which I did much better in having this, my second session 40 minutes later. I talked with Greg today and it looks like I may be able to drive his car again in October! Yeah Baby!

And… one last picture of my F40 that Dawn took with Roland’s camera. It is a real good one. Please try and post one of the photos that Roland took of you in your Indy ride and try and stay dry and safe!

Johnny

8. Roland E Linder

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder
    I can retire now, I have Johnny at the helm...I didn't even get my name on the Indy car..What can I do against the youngsters now days!!!
    Check the pics from today's event at Mead in a new post.
    Roland
    F40LM