Pikes Peak Intl. Raceway next open track event July 16-17 | FerrariChat

Pikes Peak Intl. Raceway next open track event July 16-17

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain' started by quickchickleslie, May 13, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. quickchickleslie

May 17, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Leslie
    hello drivers!

What a fantastic track event last weekend! Beautiful weather, a lot of track time, a great party afterwards at the host hotel that was sponsored by Dave Helms of Scuderia Rampante in Boulder! Great time! Thank you to everyone that participated and helped make this event happen! It was such a great time, that we are going to do it again!

Our next track event is July 16-17 at Pikes Peak Intl. Raceway in Fountain. Registration is now open you may sign up online at www.quickchickracing.com or if you would a registration form, please email me at [email protected].

The host hotel again, will be the LA Quinta Hotel on Geyser Drive. We will have a red,white and blue party at the pool on Saturday evening after the track. Please join us for light snacks, cocktails, and swimming! The La Quinta has a block of rooms for us, under Quick Chick Racing, the rate is $99 per night, available until June 20. There are a few rooms available in Fountain, at the Super 8, the rate is $57 per night. I do have 4 rooms booked under my name if anyone would like them, otherwise I will cancel. Please contact me if interested.

We will have OVERNIGHT CAMPING available this weekend, at a rate of $25 for the weekend, to cover security that PPIR requires. If you are going to camp, please include the security fee in your registration. You will then be given an armband to show you are to be staying at the track.

Gates will be open on Friday from 3-5pm to move trailers in, and drop of cars. Gates will open at 7am on Saturday, drivers meeting will be at 8:30, and we will go hot at 9am. We will be offering a beginners driving school on Saturday, and an advanced drivers school on Sunday. Your instructors are Roland, Stim Kennedy and Thorn Landers.

Garage space is on a first come basis, by registering early, this will confirm your garage space.

As always, we look forward to seeing you at the track!

Leslie,Charles,Jeff,Mahlon,Jan and John Hines

Leslie Howard
    [email protected]

2. quickchickleslie

May 17, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Leslie
    Bringing this to the top! Just a few weeks away.

3. Roland E Linder

Roland E Linder Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder
    Like every years, we will have a driving school and we still have a few spaces open.
    See you all there at that very cool and safe track.
    Roland
    F40LM

4. kpl

kpl Karting

Jun 9, 2005
    Quick Chick Leslie:

Could you post the dates for the rest of the year?

Thanks

5. quickchickleslie

May 17, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Leslie
    July 16-17

Ocotber 8 Open Track Day

October 9 Ferrari of Denver Customer Appreciation Day- by invitation thru the dealership. I am sure FOD would welcome spectators.

6. Roland E Linder

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder
    Last year, we had plenty F cars for that event, this will be the time to see so many off all type in one place.
    We will also have a Bentley school that day, that will be interesting by itself.
    I debate to wear a bow tie that day for my students hahaha!!
    Roland
    F40LM

7. EspritSE

EspritSE Formula Junior

Dec 1, 2003
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Craig
    Hi Everyone,

Is registration still open for the event? I was planning on visiting family that weekend, but it turns out they are coming here instead, and I'd love to attend.

Thanks,
    Craig

8. 2nastie

2nastie Karting

Sep 19, 2004
    Please contact Leslie at 303/659-9291 0r by www.quickchickracing.com
    Roland
    F40LM (still in Canada)

9. Mike328

Mike328 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 19, 2002
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Just registered... Very much looking forward to it!

Now, time to get the right oil in the ol' 328!

--Mike

10. Bill Oxley

Bill Oxley Karting

Feb 23, 2005
    Denver, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Bill Oxley
    Hi guys. I have a newly acquired 360: a quick pic:

http://www.billoxley.com/360atpark.htm

and would like to take it to a "mild" track event. Also, my best buddy, from Lincoln, Nebraska, has just purchased a 550 hp upgraded twin turbo Porsche (an awesome machine).

So you can see where I'm going with this.

If he comes out here for the "visit", can we both run some conservative laps at the track. Don't get me wrong, we both like to run relatively fast, but neither one of us are racers. (We are both in our mid 50's)

But, that being said, if we could let our cars "hang out" a little, (and learn) that would be great fun. We've both been around high end cars for a life time, and this event seems like it would be fun.

But, this is a question, neither one of us wants to damage our car(s) in any way.

So if this is something we both could attend (Ferrari and Porsche), as life long friends that we are, please advise, and let me know how and where to sign up and what safety requirements we need to have for our cars.

Tnx, Bill

11. Mike328

Mike328 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 19, 2002
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Hi Bill!

I think your idea and stance are great. They match my own! I've tracked my old 308 before and did so pretty aggressively, but this year, I'm going to do the school over again and stay in the beginner group.

There are four groups--it sounds like the first two are a good fit for you (as they are for me). Minimal risk to the car, carefully controlled passing (if any--Leslie can chime in here). There's also a "take it easy" group where you can go out alone w/o an instructor.

The big question is: are you really going to be happy with this? Some friends at prior track events came in with a cool head and got caught up in the event, and went out in a group that was too "hot" (this means pressure on you and on the car), and a Bad Result happend. It sounds like you've got a great mindset!

I also think of this as a great social gathering; we Ferrari guys here in CO are really tight, a great group of down to earth guys. It sounds like you and your friend would fit right in!

I just registered today, BTW. I've about convinced my fiancee, Sharon, to come along and participate in the beginner's group, too!

--Mike

12. kpl

kpl Karting

Jun 9, 2005
    You might also try Second Creek Raceway out by DIA. They have test and tune most weekdays. (303) 371-6661. Usually not very crowded, and a great way to get in some mellow track time at your own pace. Just bring a helmet.

13. quickchickleslie

May 17, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Leslie
    hi Bill-

Congrats on you new 360! To answer some of your questions or concerns. Yes, you are more than welcome to join us at PPIR for a "mild" track event. I would suggest you start in Group 1, the school group, where you will learn all of the beginning fundamentals of driving at speed in a controlled enviornment. We have Roland Linder as your Chief Drivng Instructor, and other highly skilled driving instructors to assist you.

As for your concerns about damaging your car, first and foremost, no one at an open track event wants to damage their ride, so with this in mind, I suggest the driving school to start, take it slow and learn before letting it "hang out" a little. You and your friend will need to have a driving suit and a helmet to participate with us.

You may register online at www.quickchickracing.com, or email me for a registration form.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me. We hope to see you at the track!!

Leslie
    www.quickchickracing.com

14. 2nastie

2nastie Karting

Sep 19, 2004
    Hi Bill, it will nice to have an other 360 to join all the F car. The same for your friend's P.car.
    PPIR is a VERY safe track and that's why we do our events there. Over the many years, we never had a damaged car..
    Join my class and start in the 1 group and you can step up when you feel like to do so. I'll have several instructors to help.
    See yuou soon
    RolandF40LM still in Canada for one more track day.

15. Bill Oxley

Bill Oxley Karting

Feb 23, 2005
    Denver, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Bill Oxley
    thanks for the replies. My friend with the twin turbo is trying to get his car delivered in time for us to make the PPIR event in July. Depends on transporter.

Roland, tnx, we'll do just what you suggest.

So, just in case the P-car doesn't make it in time (needless to say, as close friends, we want to do this together), when is the next scheduled event?

Tnx, Bill

16. Uberpower

Uberpower Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 6, 2004

If you were REALLY close as you put it, you could let him use the 997 and you could take the 360! Problem solved, pay me a dollar.

Nick

17. Alex_V

Alex_V F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 8, 2004
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Next event is in early October, I think the 8th & 9th, Its the Ferrari of Denver invite however, so im not sure how everything goes on, but Im sure someone here will give you all the good information.

18. quickchickleslie

May 17, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Leslie
    Just an update- Registration is still open, filling up with alot of F-cars! Have some out of towners registering as well! Roland's school is filling up fast!! Sign up today!!!

Garage assignments and schedules will be completed on Monday July 11.

Gates are open on Friday from 4pm-8pm to bring in your trailers and get moved into your assigned garage.

Gates will open at 7am, drivers meeting will be at 7:45, going to go hot at 8:15, and will run until 5pm on Saturday. Afterwards, at 8pm, we will be poolside for cocktails at the LA Quinta on Geyser Drive.

Sunday gates open at 7am, hot at 8:15, and off track at 4pm.

Concessions open at 8am, bring sun screen and lots of water!

If you would like to register online, please visit www.quickchickracing.com or email me for a registration form at [email protected] (need to change that email to Fast427!)

Look forward to seeing you at the track!

Leslie,Charles,Roland,Mahlon,Jeff,and John

19. Roland E Linder

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder
    Remember that this week end is under the RED BLUE and WHITE theme !!
    Got to wear/bring something in that regard. I'll wear my 4th of July suit.
    See you in a week
    Roland
    F40LM

20. johnnyferrari

johnnyferrari Karting

May 26, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    John Moore

Roland: I agree that PPIR is very safe and that your school is a must for the newcomers, but about your quote above?..... I'll just say one word...."Bailey".

21. Roland E Linder

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder
    This wasn't under my "guidance"...I wasn't not in charge and none of "our" instructors were there..
    Roland
    F40LM

22. -AC

-AC Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 4, 2004
    Colorado
    Will anyone have a F430 there?

23. Roland E Linder

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder
    Peter being gone, I hope to have his son bring the 430 lol
    We should have my student with his Ford GT coming...very cool, the Carrera GT too and plenty other like Johnny's F40
    Roland
    F40LM

24. millerphatty

millerphatty Karting
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2004
    Davenport, IA
    Full Name:
    Matthew Miller
    there will also be a "very rare" 2001 Oldsmobile Alero coupe present. HEHEHEHE! That is unless I find a good deal on a real car this week that I can buy and bring out.

25. quickchickleslie

May 17, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Leslie
    This incident was driver mistake, and was not under the guidance of Roland, or any of our current instructors, or our school.

As we all know, this driver has now gone on to drive competitively in a INDY car! An incident I prefer to leave behind us, and focus on our how safe our driving schools/track events are.

See you at the track!

Leslie