Pininfarina Battista looks Pista! | FerrariChat

Pininfarina Battista looks Pista!

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Schulz308, Apr 6, 2019.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Schulz308

Schulz308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2014
    STL USA
    Well if Ferrari wont then I guess Pinnin will!

Am I crazy or should Ferrari be enraged with this styling?

Do you think this is too similar to the Pista?

Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    I don’t think it’s too similar. For that matter how do we know that PF wasn’t secretly consulting on the Pista. The Pista doesn’t look like a Flavio design. The F8 does.

3. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Pista looks better but both look good.

4. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Ferrari should be enraged that Pininfarina is not designing for them anymore. IMO the Pista looks good mostly because it based on a PF design. The Battista is in a different league than the 488 Pista with the Rimac 4-motor setup yielding 1,900hp and 1,700 lb-ft torque. Its coach design is very organic, cohesive and flowing. Quite beautiful and exclusive.

Caphill and G. Pepper like this.
  5. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    Well, the 458 is a Pininfarina design, and all subsequent cars on that platform are bound to have a family resemblance, so Ferrari have no right to complain.

Red 27 and Dave rocks like this.
  6. Schulz308

Schulz308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2014
    STL USA
    I think the Battista is far too similar compared to 458/488 series.

In Fact its even closer if compared to the FordFusion/Jaguar/Aston/Tesla/Maserati similarities of the recent past that finally made us yawn. Those examples even had a similar story as “Ian Callum head of design dept” had a hand in the first three. Lorenzo “head of design Maserati” even worked at Pinin!

Its like Ian, Franz Von Holzhausen, Lorenzo Ramaciotti and Flavio Manzoni are all playing safe or hanging out at the same pub.

I think Ferrari should protect its bold originality and timeless styling so it can remain Unique then classic like in the past.

clandestine and greg328 like this.
  7. merstheman

merstheman F1 Rookie

Apr 13, 2007
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Ferrari didn't design its cars in the past, which contributed a lot to their timelessness as the designs were left to those who knew how to do it best. Like Pininfarina.

greg328 and Caphill like this.
  8. Schulz308

Schulz308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2014
    STL USA
    I believe You reinforce Precisely my point Mario. Pininfarina was not allowed to then manufacture the 308, Testa, etc or all past design under their own brand!

Why would Ferrari stand by while Mahindra/Pininfarina makes the Battista?

9. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Because the Battista does not compete with anything made by Ferrari and because of the epic relationship between the two companies and their principals (Pinan, Sergio and Enzo) going back to 1951. Pinan was a partner in the organization that ran the Ferrari race team and was also vice president of Ferrari and his son Sergio was on the Ferrari board of directors. I'm sure the two companies still collaborate and frankly Manzoni can use all the help he can get!

10. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Personally think the end of the collaboration with Pininfarina has made Ferraris less special.
    The Monza is great but all latest pinin Ferraris look cleaner, more artistic and better ageing designs than their successors.

G. Pepper likes this.
  11. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
    those who are thinking with pininfarina current ferrari designs would've been better. I think they're wrong. Past few years centro stile has produced some good designs. F12, laferrari, f12tdf, fxxk, fxxkevo, 812, monza, pista, f60 AMERICA, numerous one-offs and special editions. Bad designs include 488, gtc4, ff(with pinin). Cleansheet portofino is nice too. And for batistta, it is a nice design but too simple for a hypercar and i would say quite uninteresting, bland and feels boring, only compareable to samsung touch phones. Look it's their first branded car and a million dollar hyper car: they would've been tried their best and came up with a design that is not much groundbreaking or may be they were too scared to breaking the law.

jm2 likes this.
  12. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    It is a LOT more elegant than the Pista.

13. merstheman

merstheman F1 Rookie

Apr 13, 2007
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Because Ferrari have nothing to keep them from doing so! Nothing! Pininfarina has always been able to design whatever they wanted and release it as such if they wished. They didn't because in the past it was very clear that design was best left to the coachbuilders and engines/chassis/drivetrains best left to the manufacturers. It was a meeting of the experts that produced very cohesive products (most of the time, anyway).

I like many of Ferrari's new designs, but that's neither here nor there. Pininfarina the design studio and Pininfarina the car company are different companies sharing the same name, and this happened largely due to the fact that Ferrari left Pininfarina out to dry. Such was the fate of many a design studio, legendary ones too like Bertone. How Zagato survives independently I do not know, but I commend them for managing to do so and still make good looking cars. Touring is a shell of its former self, Ghia is gone (bought by Ford), Scaglietti is no more, Italdesign is a Giugiaro-less ghost, etc etc.... Too bad.

Solid State and G. Pepper like this.