Piquet Jnr | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Piquet Jnr

Discussion in 'F1' started by IanMac, Oct 5, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Once again, Junior's shortcomings lie between his ears. Not as a lack of intelligence, but confidence and balls. He'll get eaten up in any level of NASCAR where nobody gets coddled.

2. aquapuss

aquapuss Formula 3

Sep 18, 2005
    Ever see the movie Deliverance? That's NASCAR country.

3. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    He should find happiness there.

4. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    There's another Junior in NASCAR that has admitted to crashing on purpose...

5. alberto

alberto Formula 3

Aug 25, 2001
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    Seems to me this exactly sums up the entire story. No amount of whining my Piquet covers the fact that he did something totally unethical (whether it was his idea or not) and very dangerous to others. He went out and admitted to it after and only after he got his ass fired for non-performance.

6. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    Of course that's true.
    By why let the facts kill a perfectly good thread;)

7. Cornbread

Cornbread Formula Junior

Mar 21, 2009
    Bham/Maple Valley WA
    From Atlas:

Piquet still focused on F1 return

By Steven English and Edd Straw Wednesday, October 7th 2009, 12:25 GMT

Nelson Piquet Jr has played down speculation that he is looking to a future in NASCAR and says he is determined to earn another opportunity to prove himself in Formula 1.

The 24-year-old Brazilian is due to test a NASCAR truck on Monday, but says he still wants to get back into F1 and is talking to several teams about next season.

"I will not rest until I have proven myself in F1," Piquet told AUTOSPORT.

"I'm speaking to a few teams that have open spaces and the new teams are still open. I am under no illusions about how difficult it will be, but I'm talking to people and if I'm given a chance, I will give 100 per cent."

Although Piquet is looking forward to his NASCAR truck test on Monday - and admits he is interested in categories other than F1 – he is not ready to leave grand prix racing behind yet.

"Red Horse Racing invited me [to the truck test] and I found it interesting," he told AUTOSPORT. "It's a different world that I've never experienced. It will be a fun experience with a good team. They have good backing from Toyota and they're a big manufacturer than can offer strong support."

When asked whether the test could take him down the NASCAR route next season, Piquet said: "That's not really the plan.

"This is more about exploring an exciting opportunity. I'd never even seen a car like this and it will be a good experience to see how it is.

"I would be interested in driving many kinds of cars if I had the opportunity, whether it was a rally car or an Indycar or anything like that. I've always enjoyed driving different kinds of cars.

"I did a round of the Porsche Supercup a few years and I did the Le Mans 24 Hours, which was an amazing experience. I definitely want to do Le Mans again. But my focus is still on F1."

8. alberto

alberto Formula 3

Aug 25, 2001
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    :)

9. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    That's going to be one tired junior.
    He is going to have to bring big cash now and who would sponsor rat boy.