Pirelli P5 Cintuato | FerrariChat

Pirelli P5 Cintuato

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by bazooka joe, Apr 11, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bazooka joe

bazooka joe Rookie

Dec 29, 2003
    Looking for a pair or full set of Pirelli P5 215/70 VR15 "Cintuato" tires. Any suggestions from the Ferrari community ?

2. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Didn't P5's have the same tread pattern as XWX's? they come in 215/70-15 for only $389 each. Might still be able to get the discount for fchatters from Jeff at Coker.

And, what application, and why P5's?

Geez I have a lot of questions, but infortunately, no answer for you on the location of some P5's.

DM

3. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    I have P5s on my 365 2+2. At the time I put them on (10 years ago) they were still a current production tire, and thus much cheaper than the XWX. I am now looking to replace them, and I'm probably going to go with XWXs.

4. Tinbender

Tinbender Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 13, 2004
    Raleigh,Lake Lure,NC
    Full Name:
    Terry W. Phillips
    There are many tire options in the 215/70-15 size. I found only one with a W speed rating. The Pirelli P4000 Super Touring at Tire Rack for $88 each. I have this tire on my 365GT 2+2 and have been very happy with it.

5. Bryanp

Bryanp F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2002
    Santa Fe, NM
    same here

6. Bob Zambelli

Bob Zambelli F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Manning, SC
    Full Name:
    Robert G. Zambelli
    I put a set on my GTC and they are the best all-around tire I've ever had on it.

Bob Zambelli

7. donv

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    I'll have to take another look. Last time I looked, I found nothing but all season tires.

8. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Here I go quoting myself again.

I've been told by the "expert" that XWX's are nothing like the P5, and that I shouldn't make that suggestion if I don't know what I'm talking about.

So, to all who took my question as a declarative statement, I apologize, and would strongly suggest you contact Tom Shaughnessy as he is the man on this and many other Ferrari related issues, and should be willing to provide guidance and help, as he is,

Tom Shaughnessy

"Serving my fellow man, with his automotive needs!"

DM

9. donv

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    Interesting... I found the P4000 on tirerack.com-- in fact, I realize that I had seen it there before. They list it as a "standard touring all season" and it didn't get the best reviews.

Of course, I can get four P4000s for the price of 1 XWX!

Do they look reasonable on the car?

10. 8valve

8valve Formula 3

Sep 3, 2003
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Mick A.
    Actually, it is spelled "Cinturato". This might help you get more hits in a Google search....

11. Bob Zambelli

Bob Zambelli F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Manning, SC
    Full Name:
    Robert G. Zambelli
    Hi, Don. I never read any reviews on the P-4000 - I just bought them out of curiosity. I figured that If they did not work out on the Ferrari, I would put them on my van.

Keep in mind that my GTC is an everyday car and for that type of use, these tires are perfect. I could have bought others but there was really no justification.

In the past, I posted my experience with and opinions on tires since I have had the car for so long and tried quite a few brands. In the 70s and 80s, I spent a lot of time on the track and the FCA required a minimum of a VR rating. That influenced past choices.

I tried Pirelli, Yokahama, Michelin, BF Goodrich and others. My least favorite was the XWX.

Bob Z.

12. Longstone Tyres

Longstone Tyres Formula 3
    Sponsor

Feb 2, 2006
    Full Name:
    Dougal