Pista allocation with premium price? | Page 10 | FerrariChat

Pista allocation with premium price?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by darrencsh, Jun 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. C50

C50 Formula 3

Aug 19, 2016
    I recently received an allocation which was supposedly a leftover from a heavy hitter who declined it (who knows if true).
    Deposit in, papers signed but final spec has not been submitted to the factory (resolving an out of range request), so I suppose sabotage is still possible. I can only presume it’ll be one of the last off the line based on discussions here.

2. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Oh, nobody here doubts you own some of these cars. You've provided ample evidence in the past. That's a far cry though from buying 24-48 Ferrari due to your self-made venture.

I admit fully, this could be all true, and if so it goes without saying kudos.

You can pretty much prove everyone wrong by posting a press release, website, anything. Acquisitions are thing to be celebrated.

If it's not true, well that's just sad, precisely because it would affirm all the things mentioned previously.

3. U-Boat Commander

U-Boat Commander Formula 3

Jun 7, 2008
    USA
    Yep, and as recently as last year he was still driving an Italia. LOL

paulchua likes this.
  4. U-Boat Commander

U-Boat Commander Formula 3

Jun 7, 2008
    USA
    Interesting. At which tracks did you do your Corsa Pilota classes? Who were your instructors?

paulchua likes this.
  5. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    paulchua likes this.
  6. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    What I'm trying to figure out is why the oversell? He obviously has at least 'access' to these cars. Perhaps that's the key thing, I've seen many jokers and clowns that have 'association' with said cars, and put on their dad's, cousin's, uncle's, whatever's clothes as their own.

The juxtaposition I always see having great wealth like this, for most; the moment you have it, the more low-key and secretive you become, which to me is the biggest red flag with dansage. He went as far as posting his JD Morgan Palladium card and his Rolex* in a photo. It's just not what you do.

*at least post a Patek c'mon ;)

7. Dansage

Dansage Karting

May 20, 2012
  8. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    I stand corrected.

dansage, just some advice. Ownership of these said cars is not a litmus test for participation here. Nor is immense wealth. The only required thing is a interest of these cars. Whether you are Jeff Bezos or a struggling janitor, we don't care. But we do care when somebody starts stinking up the place with insincerity.

Now I may be eating crow later, but things are looking very funky right now.

Fiorano75 likes this.
  9. Dansage

Dansage Karting

May 20, 2012
    Since you are rational - I am happy to dm you a copy of the titles to the cars showing I own them and when I bought them.

10. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    His dad gave him some money to start a car flipping business. That's my final answer, Regis.

JAM1 and paulchua like this.
  11. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    #236 paulchua, May 1, 2019
    Last edited: May 1, 2019
    That's just the thing; you don't need to. All you need to do is post an article like this (I'll be on the same track as Ben next week), or like this (John gave us a personal tour last week)

As I said, your watch company acquisition is a thing to be celebrated and telegraphed unless one is meek - which by your persona has been quite the contrary. Info on this will silence the critics and I believe give you the bonafides you seek as a one that is not only "in the know" but an anchor in the community.

I will certainly be the first to not only congratulate you, but put you on my short list of folks that I need to shut up and listen to when talking about these cars.

12. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I wish you much success and happiness and whether people believe you or not, I guess it doesnt matter. You obviously have a love for cars and endless funds so I hope you enjoy it and are responsible with your money cause in your 20s, you have a long way to go, so hopefully the money lasts for many years of enjoyment.

However, Im like Paul and might be eating crow later but there are just too many inconsistencies in your story for me to comment further and I hope that this thread gets back on track to talking about Pistas. Some inconsistencies noted below:

You were struggling with a ballon loan for a single car last year and now claim to buy 2-4 cars a month, less than a year later. thats 24-48 cars a year.

You said you never flipped - yet you have a TDF and Aperta for sale. What happened to not flipping or are we thinking of different definitions of the term flipping?

You said your dealer plays ball but your dealer is Merit Partners - and they are the ones that got you 2 Pistas? You made it seem like you had 2 allocations? So that would be with a Ferrari dealer correct? But Merit is not a Ferrari dealer so im confused on this one...

You have 20 cars just sitting at the dealership? Are they on consignment? Are you storing them there due to lack of garage space?

You are willing to send titles of your cars to people, everyone knows you from C&C, yet you have an anonymous name here.

You have an 8 figure sale of your business but no one can find any information anywhere (not that its anyones business frankly but it goes to the credibility of the story)

I dont have the desire to parse through the many pages here of posts nor do I care. Like I said, I wish you much success but you made claims of Pistas and their desirability and yet your story and posts just dont jive with what you have stated as clearly an expert - we just do not know if you are or arent who you claim to be who you are.

13. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    Stunning couple, best of both naturally aspirated worlds. Enjoy them!

14. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Send up the Batsignal...calling DrStranglove... :)

Gman, schumacherf2006 and paulchua like this.
  15. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #240 noone1, May 1, 2019
    His main dealer is not Merit, it's World Wide Ferrari in NY. That's where those TDF, SA, and Pista deliver pics were taken. Strange that he'd then go consign his Portofino to BJ in Texas and then Ferrari Long Island, and then his newly acquired TDF/SA immediately to some dealer halfway across the country.

So he wants to win brownie points from his Ferrari dealer by buying a bunch of Portofinos, but then doesn't consign his cars with them again? That's like rule number 1 of Ferrari dealer ass kissing -- the double dip! And I mean, I'd think at the very least that you would consign your cars with a dealer near your home. Like, why the heck would you consign your rare Ferraris not with your main reputable Ferrari dealer near your house in one of the biggest markets (NYC), but with some random guys in another state and a small operation?

Doesn't make any sense. But in any case, it's not worth thinking about anymore. I'm satisfied with my current opinion that he's bullshitting or misleading. That's good enough for me.

paulchua likes this.
  16. Texas2step

Texas2step Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2018
    Full Name:
    Bola olusola
    I think it’s about time an administrator steps in here. This thread is totally out of control.
    @Dansage you don’t have to prove anything to anyone!!
    @everyone else, why do you care!!
    Let’s get back to talking about cars and not people and their net worth

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

MANDALAY, F140C and boobernackle like this.
  17. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    100% agree

Because if somebody went to such great lengths to concoct a story like this, I argue they are not a source for credible information, nor would I recommend anybody do business with.

In essence, it would benefit the community they are identified as a charlatan, albeit minor or major or of no consequence, that's up to you.

18. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    #243 Challenge64, May 1, 2019
    Nor is talking about an 8 figure income, or talking about buying 2-4 cars a month, or having a Palladium card, or telling us you get what you want when you want it.

Talk cars and check your ego at the door.

paulchua likes this.
  19. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    #244 ylshih, May 1, 2019
    User Dansage is a new account for user dlezin. Only one account is allowed per user. Accounts merged.

20. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    is this a an alias?

paulchua likes this.
  21. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    dansage joined in 2012 when he was 14
    dlezin joined march 2018
    texas2step joined march 2018

anunakki and paulchua like this.
  22. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Yeah, and for his 15th birthday his dad bought him a Ferrari, a Cayenne Turbo, an FF, among other things :rolleyes: I'll cut him some slack when he was 14. At 21, eh, no.

Sep 25, 2013
    I use my 458 to go into nyc 3 days a week and have yet to encounter any problems. The one major sticking point is the fact that the company I work for has a private garage so I know nothing will happen while I'm away from it. Having been to London countless times and driven in the city I think you should be fine!

(What do you use as your DD thread)
    Oct 19, 2013
    Cayenne turbo or FF

23. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    SoCal to az likes this.
  24. sampelligrino

sampelligrino Formula 3

Apr 16, 2017
  25. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Ron, I owe you an apology. I was wrong, and you were right.