Pista allocation with premium price? | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Pista allocation with premium price?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by darrencsh, Jun 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Earlier you said you also HAD to buy an 812 Superfast.....

350MH83 and Shadowfax like this.
  2. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Ha - I was recently having cocktails with him and Jonathan breaking their balls over it.

LARRYH likes this.
  3. Oligarch_NY

Oligarch_NY Karting

Apr 28, 2019
    NY
    DRYHOLE, Ash Patel, PJxxx and 3 others like this.
  4. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    Best be buying more than cocktails :)

Gh21631 likes this.
  5. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    I'd be approaching it in this light - Gh has 100K to play with....can buy a lot of cocktails and god knows what else with that. Now if he doesn't get a Pista after that then I don't blame him for being unhappy.:)

PS OP where is the Pista pic?????

6. Oligarch_NY

Oligarch_NY Karting

Apr 28, 2019
    NY
    will take pictures in the morning it is not protected yet, so it is locked away in the stable.

dmark1, of2worlds and Shadowfax like this.
  7. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Americas Team Headquarters
    Full Name:
    Mark
  8. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    25 in Europe. 2 in the states. Polar opposite markets.

9. Oligarch_NY

Oligarch_NY Karting

Apr 28, 2019
    NY
    meaning what? 2 available here 250,000 over ready available?

10. Dansage

Dansage Karting

May 20, 2012
    People saying the premium for a pista in the US is $150k over is just plain wrong. Ferrari Beverly Hills had a yellow pista coupe with 100~ miles they sat on for almost 2 months for 50k over that no one wanted. There is a rosso dino/blue with 500 miles thats been floating around for about 1.5 months at 60 over....same thing no bites. One dealer in NJ has 2 for sale with no miles for a few months. One is a horrid spec so probably will never sell at least it hasn't since november when it showed up and the other is silver/black and has been sitting. I own two pista's and only wish my cars were worth $150k over!

In regards to the poster "Oligarch_NY" that 812 I'm all but sure is the ex-corsa clienti track rat car that was at Miller Motorcars with just under 4k miles. If you bought from miller you paid what I like to call the "Miller tax" they always charge more then everyone - an 812 that's probably worth 100k off sticker wholesale plus another $100k....I'm sorry but you got taken to the cleaners!

Rob-0987 and of2worlds like this.
  11. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Meaning there are 25 listed in Europe and 2 in the US. Not sure how else to explain it.

12. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

paulchua and Thecadster like this.
  13. Oligarch_NY

Oligarch_NY Karting

Apr 28, 2019
    NY
    the car is not from miller although I have heard things about their tax. also I'm not a math whiz but if that was my deal wouldn't it all cancel out and you end up paying msrp for a 812 and a pista if they 812 was 100,000 off msrp and you pay 100,000 for a pista (812 that's probably worth 100k off sticker wholesale plus another $100k

bluss likes this.
  14. Dansage

Dansage Karting

May 20, 2012
    There were a few identical 812's that got dumped all at the same time at dealers on the east coast from Ferrari N/A that were used for the corsa clienti program all with just under 4k miles in exactly the spec you posted hence my assumption. In regards to $100k off - I was saying that is what the car is worth and I'd assume your dealer did not give you $100k off on the 812 and more then likely had you pay very close to msrp. So effectively overpaying by (being generous) $70k on the 812 and $100k on the pista your effective overage is $170k on day one.

As long as your happy it's all that matters, I'm just saying what seems to be market conditions. The fact that people ask $150k over online for a car doesn't mean it'll ever happen. One can ask $100k over for a portofino - they sure has hell will never get it.

15. Oligarch_NY

Oligarch_NY Karting

Apr 28, 2019
    NY
    and how did you get 2 pistas?

16. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #91 Shadowfax, Apr 28, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2019
    What you are informing does not surprise me one little bit. One need only look what happened with the Gt2rs flippers who ordered these thinking they were going to make a fortune. With exception to the first few cars which sold over, the rest have clearly got caught with their trousers down and now stand to do money on what they paid plus holding costs. Just goes to show that if you don't plan buying to own and use then bend over and take your just deserts.

It really shouldn't come as a surprise Pista orders are opening up now because flippers with orders in awaiting build would have wised up by now that their game is over so are walking away whilst they still (at least) have their shirts on. The dealers are just mopping up now.....offering these orders to 488 owners who previously missed out and I suspect any overs from will be passed on to good customers who didn't meet the previous criteria. As I said earlier the F8 definitely played a part in this as well as there would be many 488 owners not prepared to stump up the sizable changeover cost so additional Pista orders would be being handed back there too.

LARRYH likes this.
  17. Dansage

Dansage Karting

May 20, 2012
    I buy a solid 2-4 cars a month every month from my dealer and don't flip. They play ball with me, when I ask for something I can usually get it.

18. Oligarch_NY

Oligarch_NY Karting

Apr 28, 2019
    NY
    no the dealer I went to did not give me 100,000 off on the 812 that would of bin great day. how did you get 2 pistas

19. Oligarch_NY

Oligarch_NY Karting

Apr 28, 2019
    NY
    well then they will allow you to have the 488 pista and the pista Spider? I have heard rumors you can't have both which make no sense to me

20. Oligarch_NY

Oligarch_NY Karting

Apr 28, 2019
    NY
    I know of 1 for sale private. it is a launch edition. they guy is a flipper

21. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    You must have one heck of a stable ..any pics to drool over?:)

22. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #97 Shadowfax, Apr 29, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
    There's always flippers with these types of cars but this time most of them are going to wind up with less money than what they started out with.

I still think 100 over sticker is less than what most who met the criteria will end up paying by the time they are in their Pista. There will be very few winners financially this time around so better get your moneys worth out of it by driving it!

Oligarch_NY likes this.
  23. C50

C50 Formula 3

Aug 19, 2016
    This all sounds like a very reasonable assessment of the present situation.
    I am by no means a heavy hitter and my only history with the dealer is 488 ownership. I got called with an offer for an allocation at what I can only presume is the tail end of production. Despite what the dealer told me, who knows what the legitimate explanation is for the availability.
    I wonder if the factory suddenly released additional allocations for the Pista because, if the V8 production line is essentially the same (F8 or Pista), why not move a few more premium units. They make more money and the buyer feels like they are getting a privileged purchasing opportunity. We can only speculate.
    For myself, I am just happy to have the pleasure of speccing this exciting machine.

The effect of the F8 in the dynamics of the market situation, coupled with the not numbered/limited status of the Pista certainly is a change from the last three iterations’ market model. I have to imagine it is a combination of the often quoted statement regarding pushing customers price sensitivity as well as the recognition that money is being left on the table based on the previous success of the flippers.
    I wonder if this is a new era for Ferrari where the exclusivity will be determined not by the number of units produced but by the price tag associated with them.

Oligarch_NY likes this.
  24. exoticcardreamer

exoticcardreamer Formula 3

Dec 9, 2014
    usa
    Full Name:
    doesitmatter
    I am more versed with McLaren side of things and I'm pretty sure Porsche and Ferrari do it the same way with special/limited edition cars.

Everyone knew that there was going to be 500 Senna's. However, McLaren didn't release all 500 allocations at the same time. They released xx amount and offered it to customers. Based on the yes/no answers they would then release a second batch, then a third batch then a fourth batch. I was part of the second batch. This builds up demand because people think they didn't make the cut, whereas there is many allocations still on the table but haven't been released to the dealers or the dealers haven't released it to customers yet.

I was offered a late GT2rs allocation or asked if I knew of anyone who wanted one and it wasn't a cancelled order. Just another one that was released to Porsche to the dealer.

LARRYH and of2worlds like this.
  25. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #100 Shadowfax, Apr 29, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
    As a first time Ferrari customer with 488 I would have to concede that certain things have become hard to ignore and, on today's scale the exclusivity appears to be all about the entry fee more than anything else. Like yourself I am looking forward to becoming a Pista owner even though it's shaping up to cost me heavily at both ends unfortunately - and that takes the shine of it to a degree. I'm hoping that once I'm behind the wheel my thoughts will change.

Oligarch_NY likes this.