Pista for sale...$577,000 | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Pista for sale...$577,000

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by 09Scuderia, May 10, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ItalianOne

ItalianOne Formula Junior

May 21, 2008
    Mich
    Full Name:
    Kevin R
    You have to love the internet.. fact is if you want a Pistas and walk into the dealership, you cannot get one. Unless you want to pony up a lot of money as Tim said above.. I love the people that say it’s not a rare car or not special!! Maybe that’s because they were not offered one or cannot afford one? I personally know a few Pista owners and NONE are looking to sell. They have been delivering Pistas since last November, they are making about 2000+ coupes and about 900 convertibles world wide. So a few cars are now showing up at car shows finally, and there are those questioning the rarity. It’s always good to come on here for a good laugh!

2. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

I think u are being sarcastic and condescending but that’s okay. There were only 2000FF in the USA, that doesn’t make it a special car does it?
    The fact is the Pista is limited edition is great but it’s going to be a lot less rare when it’s all said and done than a scud , speciale or stradale....u can argue all day long but that’s a fact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. exoticcardreamer

exoticcardreamer Formula 3

Dec 9, 2014
    usa
    Full Name:
    doesitmatter
    Talked to my friend who is selling his Pista. He said he would appreciate the help in selling it.

Rosso Corsa
    Delivery Miles (Delivered to him in March 2019)
    Bronze Rims
    MSRP $415K
    Asking price: $500K
    Bought to sell.
    He's carrying a loss in the Lusso transaction. He will lose overall with this two car transaction).

Car is located in Northern California.

Deal won't go through dealer.

Send me a PM if interested.

of2worlds and Manda racing like this.
  4. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    his comments didn't sound sarcastic and condescending at all....they sounded accurate and honest.

The only minor edit I would suggest is that there were folks who were offered a Pista and could a afford it...just chose not to. Ferrari moved their pricing further upmarket and that caught many financially (and emotionally) out.

And this will continue...

Soon there will be a new mid-engined beast. Announced late this month. That car will be in the $600-700k range by the time its all said and done. New Ferraris are not getting cheaper.

JTSE30, Caeruleus11 and ItalianOne like this.
  5. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    Not going thru his dealer allows him to sell for less than the dealer would sell it for, smart buy for someone ready now.

Dealer would add 25-50 (and probably get it)

Your buddy should avoid the title transfer for 180 days if he cares at all about his standing with Ferrari. I am guessing the dealer doesn't want to resell it until he has owned it for 180 days...

6. exoticcardreamer

Dec 9, 2014
    usa
    Full Name:
    doesitmatter

I think people who played ball with Lusso have some leeway with dealer.

The only stipulation that he told me was that dealer doesn't want the car advertised publicly with the VIN for at least six months from purchase.

of2worlds and SoCal to az like this.
  7. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    so its not really for sale...

8. exoticcardreamer

Dec 9, 2014
    usa
    Full Name:
    doesitmatter
    It’s for sale . Buyers will get the vin , etc .

It just can’t go on public websites

9. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    it also probably can't be transferred...the title I mean. If it's financed, Ferrari will know he sold it. If the title is out of his name, they will know he sold it. Maybe he doesn't care, but I am guessing since he doesn't want to marketed and the VIN known...he cares. He will need to find a buyer who will buy the car now and be OK of not having the title in their name until his 180 days is up...

10. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    BTW, just trying to be helpful towards your buddy...

SoCal to az likes this.
  11. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Curious about the math on this. Someone pays 415k plus tax and registration call it 40k roughly. So 465k all in. Then to turn around and sell the car for 500k. All the hassle to make 35k?

Someone financially capable of buying a 400k plus car - is 35k really going to change his life?

I’m really curious about this- what am I missing on the math?

blkdiablo33, Bhh and dustman like this.
  12. exoticcardreamer

Dec 9, 2014
    usa
    Full Name:
    doesitmatter
    Yeah, I get that.

He's a broker too (he bought the car on a personal level though, along with the many ferrari's in the past). He's pretty sophisticated when it comes to this stuff and knows the implications. He's totally above board with the dealer of what he is going to do.

IMO; if a person put in the time (ie., buying substantial amount of cars, taking the losses, doing what the dealer asked the to do then one is a free bird to do as they wish). However, if a person didn't put in the time, didn't have the buying history, etc. and was fortunate, lucky to get a car over others and flipped it right away outside the dealer then there should be some implications for future in demand car purchases for that person).

of2worlds and 09Scuderia like this.
  13. exoticcardreamer

Dec 9, 2014
    usa
    Full Name:
    doesitmatter
    Substantial amount of exotic cars in California are leased for sales tax purposes. $20K down, make one payment and the sales tax would be about 9% on the downpament and the payments actually made).

He had big plans at the beginning (ie; selling $200K over msrp) but it didn't pan out and now he wants to cut his "losses".

A lot of the time, people will buy the regular production cars to put in their time, incur the loss, losses and then get the in demand car, then sell it and offset the past losses). Sort of trying to break even over a few car purchases and using each car for a little bit and for free when you net it all out.

The above system is at risk with all the good cars that all marques are making and there is plenty of choice now.

14. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    That makes sense but at some point someone is going to have to pay the sales tax right? Either him or the new buyer?

I guess if you do enough 35k deals it starts to add up. I’m not in the business of buying and walking cars so I guess it’s a bit foreign to me.

15. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

No reasons for it to be at that price point: it’s going to be less rare than a speciale; it has turbos and doesn’t sound as good. It will tops 400k and that’s about it

16. phanliu

phanliu Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 21, 2015
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    Noel
    Pistas as are not limited by production numbers but it’s limited by time run.

boobernackle and SoCal to az like this.
  17. Manda racing

Manda racing Formula 3

Feb 25, 2015
    Bakersfield, Ca
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I just saw one go by here at turn five.

johnr265 likes this.
  18. Manda racing

Manda racing Formula 3

Feb 25, 2015
    Bakersfield, Ca
    Full Name:
    Mark
    of2worlds and Bhh like this.
  19. RoyalPink

RoyalPink Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Mar 18, 2019
    Southern Utah
    Full Name:
    John D.
    Wow - tough gig. Might be better/easier to learn how to count cards - lol.

20. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    soooo.....you know that you are already wrong on several points here, right?

21. kevin1244

kevin1244 Formula Junior

Mar 7, 2008
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    KAA
    At the Ferrari Challenge (Laguna Seca) this weekend, I saw a total of 4 Pistas, including mine. There were more FXX K's than Pistas!!

22. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Pista production just started lol...my vip/top friends haven’t received theirs yet

kevin1244 likes this.
  23. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    Just started? ROW deliveries started early-mid 2018? Ours arrived late 2018....

24. kevin1244

kevin1244 Formula Junior

Mar 7, 2008
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    KAA
    Even though what I said is true about this event, of course there will be a lot more Pista's made than FXX K's!
    I was just being sarcastic at the same time because I find all the statements about rarity (or lack thereof) or speculations about the production numbers of Pista; therefore it's present or future value, as ridiculous. I bet the large majority of Pista owners (not speculators) are extremely happy about their cars and don't care, not even a bit, if it depreciates or appreciates or is a limited series or anything else. For one, I love the car; I cannot get enough of it! I have had Ferrari's before and have driven almost all modern Ferrari's at least once. IMO, Pista is a super fantastic car; one of the best V8 mid-engine cars Ferrari has ever made; if not the best ever as a driver car (track or street.) And I respect others' opinions if they don't agree but would love to hear why they disagree. The opinion will be valid only if they have driven the car...magazine quotations (subjective), speculations (not fact based), track lap times (no one claims Pista is the fastest around all tracks), etc etc don't count. Must have first hand experience!

dmark1, Caeruleus11, johnr265 and 3 others like this.
  25. U-Boat Commander

U-Boat Commander Formula 3

Jun 7, 2008
    USA
    Spoken like a guy who has never driven a Pista and I would wager has not seen one in the flesh. The car has so much presence both parked and on the road. It puts the Speciale to shame side by side and, of course, in every performance category.