Pista future value | FerrariChat

Pista future value

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by dksu, Sep 20, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dksu

dksu Formula Junior

Oct 18, 2010
    Hawaii
    Full Name:
    David
    Will Pista appreciate in value like Speciale?
    I'm contemplating on trading my aventador s roadster for a fully loaded 2019 red pista with 1000 miles. They are asking $580k.
    I'm just wandering if Pista will appreciate in value in the future. Please advise. Thank you!

2. mkraft3003

mkraft3003 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 20, 2016
    Tampa, Fl
    My crystal ball is in the shop. Not sure how any can predict the future, especially in this market. Pre-Covid Pista were selling below msrp. Post Covid, every car has appreciated. What will happen when the market returns to normal is anyone guess. You will get responses all across the board. I would not be spending 580k on a car as an investment. The Pista is an awesome car and you can’t go wrong. I’d go into any car purchase thinking it’s a depreciating asset and if you break even that great. If you make money even better but figure you will lose money but the smiles are worth it.

3. Prancing 12

Prancing 12 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 11, 2004
    The long way home
    I may have missed it already, but I would want to be aware of the specs for the Aventador replacement before making any decisions.

If it's a hybrid of some type and the Aventador turns out to be the last of the N/A V12 Bulls, I'd be inclined to keep it...

4. dksu

dksu Formula Junior

Oct 18, 2010
    Hawaii
    Full Name:
    David
    True makes sense. But this is my 2nd AV and I'm just itching for a change. But I do still love my AV S.

5. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    There is zero doubt, replacement is V12 + hybrid

https://www.drive.com.au/news/lamborghini-aventador-replacement-to-debut-all-new-naturally-aspirated-hybrid-v12/
    21 July 2021
    The successor for the Lamborghini Aventador supercar will debut an all-new V12 aided by hybrid power.

Speaking to US website Autoblog, Lamborghini CEO Stefan Winkelmann outlined that while the Aventador's replacement will join the wider Lamborghini line-up in being 100 per cent electrified (hybrid or electric) by 2025, it will retain the non-turbo, V12 layout characteristic of today's car.

"The technology is different, it's a completely new engine, a completely new drivetrain, a new battery, everything is completely new. There's nothing out of the Sian or out of the Aventador [in the next flagship]," Winkelmann told Autoblog.

Further details of the new V12 hybrid weren't confirmed, though the introduction of a larger battery pack (rather than the Sian's supercapacitors) should see power and torque exceed the 'final-edition' Aventador Ultimae's 574kW/720Nm output, and the Sian's 602kW.

6. dksu

dksu Formula Junior

Oct 18, 2010
    Hawaii
    Full Name:
    David
    My dealer told me Pista is s rare as Speciale, and that it will at least hold it's value better than my AV S. Was informed even if market returns to normal, Pista will hold or increase in value. Not sure if what his saying is true or not.

7. Art138

Art138 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Ft. Lauderdale
    You appear to be in Hawaii so your selection of Pistas might be limited. I live in South Florida and out of the three major dealers in my area the least asking price is 599k (as of this week and similar mileage)This might not reflect asking in other States. They made more Pistas than Speciales to put into context. If you have any specific questions,feel free to PM me.

8. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    They definitely made more Pistas than Speciale. For a long time some on this forum kept saying there would be an F8 VS. obviously that is not true and the F8 is the last of its kind. So is the Pista. It’s the last special edition v8 Ferrari. It will hold value- not sure if it will increase in value especially with what is on the horizon with regards to the economy.

At the end of the day, biy what you enjoy driving. I like my Pista but I’m driving it less and less. I think I’m gonna keep it but you never know!

mdrums likes this.
  9. Kent Adams

Kent Adams Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 11, 2020
    Full Name:
    Kent Adams
    My guess is it will perform similarly as the Scud before it and the Challenge Stradale before the Scud, but not as well as the Speciale. Look at the 16M vs. Scud values. 16M was limited, unlike the Scud.

10. dksu

dksu Formula Junior

Oct 18, 2010
    Hawaii
    Full Name:
    David
    Currently, there are 2 pistas for sale here in Hawaii. Here is a link to the red one I'm interested. Just wanted to get an idea if 580k asking price is reasonable.
    https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/915cd0b8-ca24-4914-86c6-3e04a0f67a1d/

11. Are you buying it to collect, or drive?

If the latter, does it really matter?

If the former, no one will know, and not certainly anyone on FChat, cuz if they did they would be either hoarding Pista's or shorting them for themselves and not handing out free financial advice.

12. mkraft3003

mkraft3003 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 20, 2016
    Tampa, Fl
    Never believe what your dealer says. Lol. On autotrader there are 24 Speciale for sale and 51 Pista. They made a lot more Pista and it is not anywhere close to being as rare as the Speciale.

13. Kent Adams

Kent Adams Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 11, 2020
    Full Name:
    Kent Adams
    Beautiful car. It is missing a highly desirable spec though, the carbon fiber wheels, even though those wheels are not really practical for driving on the streets in my opinion. There are two other cars you also might want to consider, an F12 TDF and an 812 Competizione.

14. Art138

Art138 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Ft. Lauderdale
    The dealer might be inferring “rare” in Hawaii. I read over the specs and seems to check all the boxes in my opinion. They are fantastic cars but at the end of day you need to decide if it’s a fit for you. Price wise asking appears to have been 594K and you mentioned they are down to 580k. In my neck of the woods for a low mileage and well specd one,that would be consistent. Your other option is to find one on the main land for less and have it shipped to you. Just my .02$

15. dksu

dksu Formula Junior

Oct 18, 2010
    Hawaii
    Full Name:
    David
    Dealer asking price is
    Dealer is asking $594 but got it down to $580. On a side note, I was offered $410k for my AV S roadster with 3500 miles.

I'm buying pista to drive it. I usually put on 2k miles a year on my cars and trade up every 2-3 years.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

mdrums and ryalex like this.
  16. dksu

dksu Formula Junior

Oct 18, 2010
    Hawaii
    Full Name:
    David
  17. dksu

dksu Formula Junior

Oct 18, 2010
    Hawaii
    Full Name:
    David
    Also, if I do trade up for Pista, I having the dealer install either IPE or Boden Autohaus exhaust and 200 cell cats, before I take delivery.

18. Art138

Art138 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Let us know if you take the plunge!

19. ACSATCO

ACSATCO Karting

Dec 23, 2020
    Full Name:
    AJC
    FWIW i am trading my Huracan STO in on a Pista as i read this. docs already signed, waiting for the car to ship. So i can only advise to do the same. i also insist on some type of exhaust on the Pista before i take delivery. Once sound is addressed its pretty close to a perfect car in my opinion.

Viperjoe likes this.
  20. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Pista will proably keep its value and appreciate to some extent in the future.
    However compared to the Speciale it has two handicaps that will in my view limit its financial performance:
    - the Speciale claims the title of last NA VS - supported by fanatic afficionados :D
    - with the Pista, Ferrari tried to avoid leaving money on the table as far as possible - so the initial price gap between Pista and 488 GTB was huge, whereas the initial price gap between the Speciale and 458 Italia was moderate.
    As long as people remember the list price of the Pista, they may find it reasonable to apply to it an appreciation percentage approaching the one of the Speciale - but in the long term, what will be considered could be the price difference between the regular version and the VS. Which will result in far less appreciation for the Pista.
    Because when introduced, a Speciale cost (in €) about 40K more than an Italia, while the Pista cost about 120K more than a GTB.
    Eventually I don't think people will accept to pay much more for a Pista than for a Speciale - just like people don't pay much more for a 488 GTB than for a 458 Italia (this is not that bad for the 488 GTB, since the price increase compared to the outgoing Italia was very limited); since the Pista was priced far higher than the Speciale that's obviously a drawback for the Pista's appreciation perspective.

21. KZEVO

KZEVO Karting

Jul 25, 2021
    what made you trade out of STO? Last NA most race like version of the huracan that had all the reviewers calling it the best lambo to date. I have not driven one but plan to get one at some point. I also am looking at pista and speciale. Would apprciate your perspective.

22. ACSATCO

ACSATCO Karting

Dec 23, 2020
    Full Name:
    AJC
    I had a Speciale, wish i never sold it. i didn't think it was super exciting to drive, but it was the most beautiful car i ever owned and will one day be a classic. i have a 458 spider now, and although softer than the speciale, it is a better experience for me top down driving.

anyways

The STO is an incredible machine. no question. and i ordered it cause i was given the allocation and had an EVO spider i traded. but the STO gives up way way too much and in my case i didn't gain anything. its a terrible road car (of course its fun in the twisties, but is terrible in traffic and on the NY bumpy roads). its a perfect track car. but you cant see ****. its way too stiff, and its ugly (my opinion). the 80k front bumper is annoying to live with. no one wants to fix that. also no frunk at all. terrible. yes i knew all of this and got it anyways. i like my cars stiff and high strung, but this was just too much for me and my needs. sure it will be the last NA V10 special edition. but that's not enough for me to keep it. it also lacked a little power.

to me the Pista checks all the boxes. softer but stiff, plenty of power, absolutely beautiful, last non hybrid special edition (so will always be desirable), good visibility, on and on. my only Pista issue is the sound and i have that taken care of. so the Pista will live with my 458 spider and a 992 GT3 Touring. now i have a bit of everything. variety is the spice of life.

will i regret this move? doubt it. i will not miss the STO. but its an absolute beast. the steering feel and precision make my GT3 feel like a Cadillac. i can not knock the STO, i am just giving why it doesn't work for me personally. if i was a track rat and had deep track pockets for lambo consumables theres no question id use an STO over anything else.

Wikdstrate, emmholla, mdrums and 7 others like this.
  23. dksu

dksu Formula Junior

Oct 18, 2010
    Hawaii
    Full Name:
    David
    Congrats! You beat me to it
    Please take some pics for us!

24. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    no chance imo

they are nice to drive though but worth trying a speciale too!

25. emmholla

emmholla Karting

Dec 15, 2018
    I know what you mean. Before I opted for a 488S I was in love with the Pista. Now that I've had the 488S for a few months in glad I got it because I'd end up missing all the creature comforts that arent present in the Pista. How the cars will be used is super important. I dont track my cars so the special editions although cool don't make sense for me.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat