Pista or GTS | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Pista or GTS

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by PorktoPony, Sep 20, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Newjoint

Newjoint Formula 3

Jan 17, 2016
    I agree the SF and GTS are different- the GTS is a bit heavier but frankly neither is a lightweight and in no way can keep up with an F8 on the tight twists of a back road or on a technical track but both are a lot of fun trying; GTS has oh so little more flex on rough roads with the top down and therefore the suspension is recalibrated to compensate ( here in dilapidated road NY I automatically place either car in bumpy road mode every time I drive and wish I could program it to always start that way);
    GTS is a bit snugger in the leg room and storage area despite having that slightly greater “GT” feel; GTS has more drama however where the open top or rear window immerses you in more sound (yes yes the GTS sounds different than a pre GPF SF but IMVHO better) and fury than the SF; GTS has infinite head room with the top down and as a road car is as much fun and hooligan as any other SF and indeed any other Ferrari; Steering feel and engine response is otherwise the same; GTS blind spots are bigger so lane changes must be done with a bit more care; I was lucky my start stop function on my SF was inoperable but unfortunately in my GTS it works and must be shut off each time I startup( it’s part of my preflight checklist along with bumpy road mode); I can attest RACE mode works equally well in both cars as that is my default mode; GTS has a few more electronic nannies standard such as land change warnings ( to compensate for the blind spots) etc and thus far I have been too lazy to go through the menus to disable them; with top up and all windows closed the GTS is close to the SF as any convertible ever can be.
    Check out Chris Harris’s short but very favorable review posted on another thread here on FChat- it is pretty spot on about the GTS.
    In summary the GTS and SF are separate but equal. If you favor top down driving the GTS can’t be beat but if you favor hard tops the SF is the way to go. If I had to have one the GTS is my choice as it checks all the boxes I want in a road going supercar with few minimal compromises. If I were still into ultimate road going performance and nimbleness then a Pista/F8 Spider (again I prefer open top) or dare I say 296 or SF90 Spider(nimble?)or can I even utter the M word (765LT) would be my choice.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Gh21631, italiafan, JackCongo and 4 others like this.
  2. Boots

Boots Formula 3

Jan 17, 2020
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jake
    Cadster, is that the Pista that was available at a Mercedes dealer in North Carolina some time ago? I thought to myself how great of a combo the blue over Cuoio was.

Thecadster likes this.
  3. JMJ

JMJ Karting

Jan 27, 2015
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey J
    My feelings as well...

italiafan likes this.
  4. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    @italiafan

You'll thank us later :)

italiafan likes this.
  5. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Indeed, that’s the one. It was initially listed on Fchat for sale, but by the time I formulated my acquisition strategy, it was already sold (to the dealer Benz dealer).

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/2020-488-pista.637615/

of2worlds and Boots like this.
  6. Cocoloco

Cocoloco Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2013
    Question - 296GTS
    At 6'2 the headroom or legroom - issue?
    Thanks in advance - concerned the GTS top shrinks the cabin.

Cigarzman likes this.
  7. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

FWIW, I sat in the Gts and felt cramped compared to my F8s. I couldn’t get the seat to go back far enough for my liking. I felt like the steering wheel was too close for comfort. I had the same problem with the Hurrican convertible. I’m only 5’10.5 185 lbs.

8. Cocoloco

Cocoloco Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2013
    Thanks and sat in H and it was bad - cancelling my 296GTS - Ferrari has to realize that size matters.
    Will probably be punished by cancelling. Oh well

9. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

I totally get it. I was surprised when I got in the car and not pleasantly. I was offered a spider early on and passed because oh the electric part and V6. Thank goodness because I would have not been happy upon delivery. Others may feel differently but I enjoy the cabin size of the F8s as I fit no problem.

of2worlds likes this.
  10. Mondo3025

Mondo3025 Rookie

Jul 10, 2024
    Full Name:
    Mondo Asiri