Pista out and 765lt just in | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Pista out and 765lt just in

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by mkraft3003, Feb 13, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    Huge congratulations! My thanks for McLaren, Ferrari and Lamborghini making cars that some need next and will cause their owners the need to sell their older models. I am so thankful that the owner on my Pista wants/needs to keep buying every model to qualify for the next limited edition Ferrari. Yes he did keep the miles low for me and I am thank full! Enjoy that 765! Great spec!

2. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Once I saw that “anchor design” on the hood of the SF90, that did it. Cannot unsee it.

SoCal to az likes this.
  3. Condor Man

Condor Man F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 8, 2006
    Los Angeles
    I got offered a 765LT yesterday from my dealer with no dealer mark up due to the customer not getting finance approval and out of all of the colors that I could possibly choose it was one of my all time least favorite!

So I had to pass....

Very close.... but no cigar on this one.

May the Horse be with you

4. JanStuart

JanStuart Karting

Mar 20, 2019
    Sarasota Florida
    Full Name:
    Jan Sirota
    I am in Sarasota (with an F8) would love to join drives, do a few down here

JesseRohr, mkraft3003 and jahdish like this.
  5. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    What color?

of2worlds likes this.
  6. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    I find it quite strange that people base their like or dislike of a car mainly on their subjective taste on visual appearance. Even more baffling, they do not accept other views, as if beauty is not in the eye of the beholder. I thought that sports cars were about the driving experience, but what do I know...?

Finally Ferrari likes this.
  7. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Huh?

Thecadster likes this.
  8. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Describe the driving experience of your current super car.

Gh21631 and GT2goneF like this.
  9. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    The 430 is hardly current, but I don't see how this is relevant, when we are speaking about driving experiences. My problem is with people judging a car by its appearance, instead of its driving merits. That applies to all machinery, for that matter. I have driven a WW1 tank and a Challenger 2, different strokes for different folks. Never judge a book by its cover and all that.

10. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    What color

11. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    You don’t see how people fall in love with cars based on how they look?

12. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    But the same as the Whiskas of the 458

Coincid likes this.
  13. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    It is a hackneyed, trite claim that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. However, when the subject is the appearance of super cars, I have my own requirements that must be met for it to be strikingly appealing. Since these are commodities that are extravagantly priced, esoteric and by definition very special, they must look in accordance with these traits and must be differentiated from regularly offered vehicles. Super cars must have a design aesthetic that is an adherent of form following function. The physical design must not only enhance the driving performance but must do so in a manner that captures the eye and captifies the imagination. The car needs to be organically created so that the design is harmonious with every angle flowing naturally to create a unified whole. The classic designs exude these criteria. The SF90,unfortunately deviates from this ideal in a myriad of ways. The overall design is incoherent devoid of a natural flow. Every angle of the car has its own aesthetic approach which is incongruent with one another. It is as if a group of designers were responsible for different sections of the car. The rear has nothing in common with the front nor does the flow of the numerous intersecting lines meld naturally with the side or roof. There are elements of the design copied from the Pista, while others have traits of the F8. While it is not unappealing, the SF90 falls short of being special or even highly attractive. To my sensibilities, the SF90 will not enter the pantheon of memorable Ferrari designs. There is an aura of sterility about the appearance that deviates from the marque's heritage. Perhaps, the age of hybridized super cars with their complex power trains and advanced digital technology will be responsible for cars like the SF90 which will create a new paradigm where this is the future of form following function.

bmxer4ever, gliazzurri, x z8 and 2 others like this.
  14. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Car needs to look good to me before I’m interested in driving let alone owning it.

It’s like a woman. She may be amazing in bed but if she looks like Kermit the Frog, I have no interest in sleeping with her.

bmxer4ever, D11, VAF84 and 11 others like this.
  15. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    I never got my head around that. We all like what we like, but try it our first, for God's sake...

16. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I think you hit the nail on the head when you called it sterile. It is. It’s not ugly but it’s not awesome. It’s somewhere in between.

spyderman, x z8, Boomhauer and 3 others like this.
  17. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Agreed

18. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I think I have said a similar thing before. We think alike.

SoCal to az likes this.
  19. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    That SF90 Better give a hell of a hummer for me to say wow those headlights don’t bother me. LOL

GT2goneF likes this.
  20. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    It does, driving them is pretty amazing; akin to keeping the lights off with kermit the sex goddess. I'm surprised as many people comment about the front end over the back 3/4 look which is the worst part of the SF90 to me. The entire buttress is awful with a mix of angles looking straight out of the parts bin. I was happy to see the spider clean a lot of that up, to the point I'd order one TBH. I also think color on them matters as does refraining from putting that godawful accent stripe on the front end. Ack!

x z8, spyderman and SoCal to az like this.
  21. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    "Hackneyed and trite." I honestly admire your command of the English language; it is formidable! It reminds me of a Professor of mine (those mad Uni Profs with socks and sandals - this was in the late '90s after all!!!), on my Master's course, who actually called Oxford University, because he had a qualm about the spelling of a specific word in the Dictionary. Crazy stuff!

Anyway, we all have an eyesight and a taste. No need to try to impose our own aesthetics on others.

Finally Ferrari, x z8 and GT2goneF like this.
  22. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    I am 100% on your side. Then again some people like them juicy and brunette. I like them slim and blonde. I guess you know what I am talking about.

23. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    Catfish

GT2goneF likes this.
  24. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed