Pista out and 765lt just in | Page 8 | FerrariChat

Pista out and 765lt just in

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by mkraft3003, Feb 13, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Man , did you hear the sound on that BAN. It was almost as good as the 458. Wow , just wow !

GT2goneF, SoCal to az and tekaefixe like this.
  2. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    God doesn’t have anything to do with that, you do so great fortune.

JAM1 likes this.
  3. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Agree. I feel an emotional connection with the Ferraris that I just don’t get with my McLaren. It’s intangible but definitely there. While I could have a break between Macs, waiting on the next LT for example, I will not be without a Ferrari.

Shack, Boomhauer and GT2goneF like this.
  4. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I agree. Totally ridiculous

tekaefixe likes this.
  5. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Funny... He is controversial in his approach but brings substance to the subjects in the forum. I respect his knowledge and opinions. He is a little spicy with his comments and definitely not a silk white gloved approach but he knows way more than I ever will, just like you and many others. Even if I don't agree with the little that I know, I still can 'listen" to/ (read) all of you for hours. So I am grateful for that.

Coincid likes this.
  6. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Yeah, it has become a very sensitive place. I have an account just to follow with my high school friends. Soon, every social media will be like that. We are the ones in danger of extinction. I will leave it at that because I may be banned... @SoCal to az , you see what you have started!!???

Coincid likes this.
  7. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Banned for thinking you might be banned! Grow a sack!!

GT2goneF likes this.
  8. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    This is a genuine discussion and not an attack. I would like to know from you guys, since I consider some of you very objective and in a weird way "close" (virtual) friends with no BS. Especially because some of you own McLarens.

First, as a Porsche, AMG and now Ferrari owner it pains me to admit that there is no question that McLaren is the one to beat in performance; it has been the case for several years, particularly with the 720s. I have said this in the past. However, I will always remain objective and side with facts, fairness and truth and leave my bias and pride on the side.

I agree with everything you have said. How does McLaren make so much for less? This at the same time brings a concern that is globally known and taken as a fact. I don't own one to know but hear stories. Why do McLarens take a huge hit in value after a few years? They seems to be more affected than others similar class supercars. Is this really accurate? Does it have anything to do with the arguable claims of short term reliability, "cheap" construction material/ lower craftsmanship and quality of materials?

For all I know, Ferrari is a Ferrari; but like you have very well stated, they seem to be slacking for some years (models now) in the performance department and their craftsmanship, although superior than most, seems to be slipping as well. Just like in F1, they don't seem interested in being #1. They just want to be present in the party and mingle. Seems to me that they are relying more in their heritage (which they are also letting it slip) and esthetics (with the exception of the SF90).

Ferraris are good in performance, not the best and are beautiful. They want to get by. McLarens seem to be hungrier and hungrier every day and are top of the top, arguably the top (to me no argument, they are the one to beat) but they are an acquired taste and possibly (because I don't know) lesser quality? Is that accurate?

On another subject and my opinion, nothing beats German quality and construction. Yet they haven't been able to reach the top 3 pole position within the supercar kingdom. They have the looks and the performance, yet there is something lacking. Perhaps the imaginary (or not so imaginary) exclusivity. "Everybody has (or can have) a Mercedes and/or a Porsche". Lot of people can't tell the difference between Porsche models. The TTS can look like a entry level with options to the average person, For me, I like that. I like that only people that know can tell that I have a GT2 versus a 911 turbo or any other 911, it gives me a sense of anonymity and exclusivity at the same time. I know it is weird but that is how I feel. This seems to happen as well with Mercedes. Can it be the bastardization on their line up. Maybe because Porsche and Mercedes makes the process less "painful" to get a sample?

Looking forward to responses. I hope I don't get banned for this one either.

jerrym, bmxer4ever, D11 and 2 others like this.
  9. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    That is very true. Especially Porsche.

Gh21631 likes this.
  10. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Damn buddyg... Business must be going strong!!! Many more prayers, health and blessings your way so we can see those three in your garage. I wonder what else needs to be done in the house first so you can get the 765...

Gh21631 and Boomhauer like this.
  11. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    You missed mine. I was even told to grow a sack. Please whatever you do, do not elect @SoCal to az for board member or all of us will be banned. He is handing out pink slips like they are stimulus checks...

SoCal to az and Cigarzman like this.
  12. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    He believes that God may have helped him, so I respect that. Obviously, he works hard for it and the credit goes to him, but his beliefs may have given him the strength to pull through is some difficult times. For all I now, it could have been The Force. Whatever keeps you pushing, you should be grateful for. He chose The Man/Woman/Entity... Have to be careful these days...

AD211, buddyg, F2003-GA and 2 others like this.
  13. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    If belief in a higher deity brings hope, peace and good will towards others, not only should it not be subject to derision or contempt but rather should be lauded and exalted.

Drson, AD211, buddyg and 1 other person like this.
  14. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I think this is a great post and then you read some very good questions. First of all I don’t think Mclaren makes more for less. If you look at the MSRP of the 720 there in the 350 to 370 range. The F8 is lower than that for the most part unless you go crazy with options. So I don’t think they’re making less for more I think they are just making I’m charging a premium for it although you can get them a discount.

why do Mclaren depreciate so much, simple they make a lot of them and the demand just isn’t there yet. But I think people are waking up to the fact how good of a car the 720 years which is why the value seem to actually be going up.

Having said that the quality of Ferrari and horse is better. No doubt about it. And I agree a Ferrari is a Ferrari, and as buddy G stated I will always have one in my garage as well. I love Ferrari I love Mclaren I love Porsche I love with all the car companies are doing I’m not a homer for anyone brand so when I complain to Ferrari’s being lazy, it’s because I want them to do better and not sit on their ass and not improve and let the competition pass them by. I think they are content to be Ferrari for the time being and not really worry about performance. Why else would the FAA not have more horsepower than 720. Why then with the piece does not have more horsepower than the 720. Ferrari did just enough to get by

Having said that the quality of Ferrari and horse is better. No doubt about it. And I agree a Ferrari is a Ferrari, and as buddy G stated I will always have one in my garage as well. I love Ferrari I love Mclaren I love Porsche I love with all the car companies are doing I’m not a homer for anyone brand so when I complain to Ferrari’s being lazy, it’s because I want them to do better and not sit on their ass and not improve and let the competition pass them by. I think they are content to be Ferrari for the time being and not really worry about performance. Why else would the FAA not have more horsepower than 720. Why then with the piece does not have more horsepower than the 720. Ferrari did just enough to get byPardon the typos but I’m dictating this on my iPhone on the golf course in about eight beers in.

Jo Sta7 and GT2goneF like this.
  15. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Drunken BAN!

LOL

bmxer4ever, GT2goneF, Gh21631 and 2 others like this.
  16. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    I understand where you’re coming from but in this day and age (of reason) believing in Thor or Odin is a bit...
    Today religion is more of an excuse to turn your brain off and be a bigot than doing good or help others. Actually, was it ever used like that?!

anyway work hard, pay your taxes, be kind, be good and have fun. Simple formula and doesn’t need Osiris.

GT2goneF likes this.
  17. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    My religion " Sikhism" is all about charity and protection of the downtrodden. So I beg to differ with your assumptions and generalization of faith

m3995, buddyg, GT2goneF and 1 other person like this.
  18. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Ke Hal hai!!

19. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    deek dakh :)

SoCal to az likes this.
  20. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    Funny that the Sikhs were ancient warriors and today among the most impeccable and peaceful people ever. If only all religious people were like that...

GT2goneF and F2003-GA like this.
  21. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    So long as one does no harm, does not impose their beliefs on others and treats others with respect and kindness, it’s all good by me.

bmxer4ever, m3995, GT2goneF and 2 others like this.
  22. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    El Cid seems much more mellow now with the 765. BLU BY U could easily be his new mantra... :)

23. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Hmmm, this could be BAN worthy.

F2003-GA and SoCal to az like this.
  24. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    You believe so much in your last paragraph that you had to emphasize it by repeating it. If you weren't the untouchable one, I think you have grounds to be banned for being pushy and repetitive! However, I will not turn you in because you are in the golf course and if they catch you with the 8 beers they may charge you with a GUI.

Jokes aside, I appreciate your input. It does make some sense. I can only assume that McLaren seems to have a different strategy than Ferrari. They believe their product is so good that they want everyone to have one, share the thrill for those who can afford it.

25. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Firstly, it must be stated that super car enthusiasts have in the last number of years been presented with a diverse and stellar group of alternatives. Lamborghini, Mclaren and Ferrari all offer highly capable and aesthetically unique cars that are mighty desirable. Each are differentiated stylistically, and by driving dynamics and personalities. Ferrari is undeniably, the bastion of heritage and prestige. As the Hegelian dialectic espouses, every positive contains a degree of negatives since nothing on this planet is all positive or all negative. Ferrari is viewed among the most prestigious marques in the world. However, this has created a modicum of complacency in terms of innovation and emphasis on performance. The latest models are attractive and highly competent. However, there has evolved a degree of corporate conservatism. Ferrari has taken the approach of offering very good cars on every level but have resisted being bolder and more innovative.

Lamborghini with the introduction of the Huracan and Aventador and the evolution therefrom, has created super cars that are amongst the most reliable and capable in the super car genre and has become a genuine contender. The corporate design approach is bold and daring but clearly not everyone's taste. Mclaren in a mere 7 years has distinguished its brand into a tour de force. The cars have proven to be leaders in their performance categories. Being the new kid on the block has ignited a burning desire to create breakthrough performers outside of the establishment envelope. The 720S is arguably, the leader in its class. The LT models have been highly regarded and the new 765LT is a monster that is shattering the bounderies of performance parameters. There has been some growing pains which is to be expected with a nascent company competing in such a stratified and competitive industry. Mclaren's corporate philosophy is that in order to succeed, innovation and state of the art performance must have no bounds or restrictions. There are no laurels to rest upon. The brand has to be built and without delay. The early models were beset with some reliability issues which to a large extent have been resolved. The issue of steep depreciation, which does exist, is the result of Mclaren providing dealers with excessive amounts of stock cars that have not been customer ordered. Unlike Ferrari and to a lesser extend Lamborghini, who only sell cars to order and not for dealer inventory, Mclaren's policy has resulted in dealers , not wishing to be stuck with cars in house, sell them off at a discount. This policy needs rethinking if depreciation is to be ameliorated.

Porsche is a completely different entity. 2019 sales reached 280000 compared to 9000 for Ferrari, 8000 Lamborghinis and 5000 Mclarens. Porsche is is not in the same performance and prestige category as the 3 super carmakers. Outside of the GT cars, Porsches are widely distributed and are sold at a price point.

It is understandable that a segment of super car aficionados will have their favorite brand for a variety of reasons. Many will flirt with all of the marques while others will flip flop. Being open to all 3 super car manufacturer models will be liberating and permit one to enjoy all the riches of diversity that current super cars can offer. They are all very special in their own inherent ways. Feel free to partake in all the glorious adventures available.

bmxer4ever, D11, Gh21631 and 3 others like this.