Pista Ride Height Novitec Springs | FerrariChat

Pista Ride Height Novitec Springs

Discussion in 'Tracking & Driver Education' started by PasadenaF430scuderia, Oct 5, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PasadenaF430scuderia

Sep 9, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Folks.

I’m looking for some data, specifically ride height for those that have lowered their pista with Novitec springs (or other brands) and track their cars hard.

Last weekend I installed Novitec springs and lowered the car by 13mm.

Measuring from the asphalt to the bottom of the wheel arch that sits just above the tire I have the following height in cm:

Passenger front - 68.2 cm
    Passenger rear - 69.5 cm
    Driver front - 68.2 cm
    Driver rear - 69.4 cm

Can anyone else confirm their heights and whether I’ve gone too low?

Thanks!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

2. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    To do proper ride height you need to get the car on a rack adjusted to be perfectly level and you measure from 4 point on the frame to the surface.

Measuring from fender to the ground which is uneven and fenders are not perfectly exact doesn’t work. Since you’re in LA you have R3 which does all,sorts of Ferrari race cars including 488 Challenge series or GMG down in Orange County. Go to a place like these guys as they have the knowledge and set up to properly set up ride height and do alignment. You can’t lower the car with out re-alignment.

My 488GTB is on Novitec springs. I like how the car rides and handles better. Just from your photos, your car looks very low. Also thinner sidewall tires are not best on track for ultimate handling.

3. PasadenaF430scuderia

Sep 9, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Thanks. Yeah at COTA last weekend we ended up having to raise the car an inch rear and 3/4 inch front as I was bottoming out on the Novitec springs. I only lowered 13mm from stock.

I also have the softer Novitec spring up front as I wanted the stiffer spring in the rear due to the engine weight. I feel like this might be wrong and I need the stiffer spring up front. How is yours set up?

4. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    I just have the regular Novitec springs. Honestly I’ve never seen any soft or stiff spring options when I ordered mine. I have a 488GTB… here it is…just took these today while out. Stock 20” wheels and tire size by the way. I forgot the ride height measurements my stupid dealer forgot to record them. I did see them during set up but don’t remember
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
  6. PasadenaF430scuderia

Sep 9, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Usually the springs you order will have two ratings, a soft and hard rating in pairs. You would then decide if the stiffer spring pair goes on the front or rear axle.

I have stiffer spring pair on the rear and softer pair up front.

Car looks amazing.

7. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    The size of the front and rear springs are different They can’t be mistaken which goes where. Fronts come with helper springs, rear does not. Are we both on the same page?….am I misunderstanding you?

8. PasadenaF430scuderia

Sep 9, 2012
    Los Angeles
    hmmm…the helper springs are on the rear.

This is my rear spring. Can you confirm this is the one you have on the rear?

Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    Sorry yes rear has helper…