Pista Spider Flywheel Replacement | FerrariChat

Pista Spider Flywheel Replacement

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Xrayv8, Mar 14, 2023.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Xrayv8

Xrayv8 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 18, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Xray
    My 2020 Pista spider just went in for annual service and was just notified that they will be replacing the flywheel and some bolts on my car. I had no transmission issues whatsoever, but factory notified the dealership this morning that my car's flywheel and some bolts need to be replaced under warranty of course.

Just thought I'd let other Fchat members know about it. From speaking to the service dept, doesn't sound like a safety recall per se but some VIN were flagged to have them replaced. I'm told its a 7-10 day repair. Will update the forum as I learn more as well.

mdrums and Art138 like this.
  2. Viperjoe

Viperjoe F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Wondering if this also applies to the F8 since both models share the same engine and driveline?

3. Art138

Art138 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Were you notified by letter or flagged during routine maintenance. Not good to hear.

4. SD455TA

SD455TA Formula Junior

Never good to hear, for sure........not ever knowing, even worse....there is that need to know, no matter how remote the chances are of having and one particular issue affects you. Here, you have to wonder why and how they isolated fly wheel bolts....whats up there, right.

Art138 likes this.
  5. Xrayv8

Xrayv8 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 18, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Xray
    It was flagged during routine maintenance. As a matter of fact car was being prepped to return yesterday afternoon when they got the notification from the factory to change it out.

Art138 likes this.
  6. ACSATCO

ACSATCO Karting

Dec 23, 2020
    Full Name:
    AJC
    Ferrari app this AM had a red icon on my Pista with a recall notice. i asked the dealer what it was for, the # is C24100080..........WLYK

7. Xrayv8

Xrayv8 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 18, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Xray
    That recall campaign is for the brake reservoir cap and software update. I asked service if the flywheel was a recall, they didn't know. They were just told to replace it while it was in for service. I will update once I get more info.

ACSATCO likes this.
  8. Art138

Art138 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Ft. Lauderdale
    I had the same recall flag on the app and called; they said they would check(didn’t have an answer). Insofar as the reservoir cap/software recall when I had in service the cap was not available. Advised it was a perfunctory recall and not to worry until next service. Crossing my finger they don’t have tear into the drive line.

ACSATCO likes this.
  9. ACSATCO

ACSATCO Karting

Dec 23, 2020
    Full Name:
    AJC
    when i called my advisor said the best way to fix the recall was to get into an F8.

RamsHmb, Bigbobo and Xrayv8 like this.
  10. Bkclients

Bkclients Karting

Nov 30, 2010
    That sir would be a downgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

SVR and Lagunae92 like this.
  11. AD211

AD211 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 19, 2017
    South Carolina