Pista Spider or Speciale Aperta | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Pista Spider or Speciale Aperta

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by plastique999, Jul 13, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    Edward, first of all, this must be a difficult but amazing choice.

So I tried to import a Ford GT 18 months ago. First, I recommend using a Canadian exporter, they will take care of all paperwork and bring the car to your door for a reasonable cost. I was using a company from Toronto (T--, it was 3 initials, I forgot the last two). Assuming the car was not a US origin car (find this out first), the big sticky is that the car as-built must be approved for the US market, and you will need a letter to that fact from corporate Ferrari in Canada (or from Italy, but I bet that is near impossible). For the Ford GT, it was and the exporter already had a copy of the letter from Ford. OK, then you will pay a 2.5% import fee for a newer car (the FGT was already 15 years old so it would be waived). Then it should go smoothly.

plastique999 likes this.
  2. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    #27 Coincid, Jul 17, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2021
    $849,900CAD is the equivalent of $675,000 USD. Importing from Canada to US is not a big issue. There are freight companies that will undertake all the paperwork, the logistics and deliver to your door.

This car is being sold by Ferrari Quebec, which is owned by Lawrence Strol. Very reputable.

plastique999 and Art138 like this.
  3. Boots

Boots Formula 3

Jan 17, 2020
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jake
    Edward, importing into the US should be quite easy, as long as you find the right people. I would reach out to Ferrari of Quebec first and express your interest in the car. I'm sure they can recommend an exporter/transportation.

plastique999 and Thecadster like this.
  4. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Wow! That car is insane, and it fits your collection perfectly. Run, don’t walk…. I mean check out this plate.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

italiafan likes this.
  5. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Ed...you are building quite an enviable collection!

Thecadster likes this.
  6. Boots

Boots Formula 3

Jan 17, 2020
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jake
    Isn't it!? I think the Tailor Made badge adds such a specialty to it. Here's a video of it. I believe it was spec'd directly from OB Prestige Auto.

Ivan Drago and Thecadster like this.
  7. Boots

Boots Formula 3

Jan 17, 2020
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jake
  8. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
  9. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Nahhh, we all have the passion.
    I just made the mistake of selling my Speciale and 16M, of which you have wisely kept.
    But the SA is what I’m truly looking for…I think Ian Poultier is the only one who spec’d white with tricolour livery, but I don’t know if his is Bianco Italia or Avus.
    Was Bianco Italia spec’d on any S or SA?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Boots

Boots Formula 3

Jan 17, 2020
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jake
    1M.

plastique999 likes this.
  11. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Do you know what part of the country it went to?
    If close to me, would love to see it!

12. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    I’ll keep my Speciale forever, but am going to consign my 16M. Need to make room for 812GTS and I love the V12s!
    I hope I won’t regret letting the 16M go but I really love to drive these cars and the numbered rarity of the 16M always made me mileage conscious.
    I did 800 miles yesterday in my 812SF and this summer will be driving it from mountains NC—>WV—>VA—>PA—>NY—>VT—>NH—>northern ME (Arcadia) and then back. Should be epic!
    Unfortunately my 16M was rarely used and only as a point A to point A car.
    My Speciale is now pushing 11K miles and climbing!

13. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    I have toyed with idea of a second Speciale and did have interest in one that sold out of Lambo in Greenwich. It was super stealth with no stripe, no shields, silverstone with black roof and black leather interior. I thought it would be a tough sale, especially with no shields at $399K. I was watching it expecting it to drop and then make an offer..but blammo!....it sold in something like 3 weeks.
    Crazy market for Speciales.

plastique999 likes this.
  14. Boots

Boots Formula 3

Jan 17, 2020
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jake
    Seller was located in Santa Ana, CA. To who it sold to I have no clue. However, I doubt it would ever be seen outside - it's only got 80 miles on it so it will most likely sit in a garage!

plastique999 likes this.
  15. Boots

Boots Formula 3

Jan 17, 2020
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jake
    With Tricolore? Maybe - just harder to find. Without it? Definitely, I'll see what I can find ;)

16. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Nooo don’t let the 16M go!!
    But I totally understand when a piece is deemed more collectible vs wanting to drive it. How many miles in yours?
    My previous 16M, I drove it to 19k miles. However, if I were to get another 16M, it would be more of a collector grade.
    Nice job with your Speciale, I should have kept mine. It is such a wonderful driver’s car, so perfectly balanced and playful with the right amount of power. Easy to kick the rear end loose and light enough to still catch it.
    I’m a bit afraid that the Pista has too much power to be usable on the street.

italiafan likes this.
  17. Boots

Boots Formula 3

Jan 17, 2020
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jake
    Poulter's certainly looks Italia. You can see all that metallic fleck in this video.

plastique999 likes this.
  18. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    That is so sad to me…
    Santa Ana is very close to me.

19. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
  20. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    My idol
    He’s a grinder with style.
    And I absolutely love golf.

21. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    I’ve driven lots of the best roads in those states, and staying up in the Blue Ridge Mtns with the 458 for the summer. I do a lot of overnight and 2-3 day trips from here. Hit me up if you’d like suggestions or want to meet up for part of your journey.

22. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    You have a PM.

23. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Believe me, I am torn about the 16M. I actually have driven it twice to the dealer to consign and when I got there told them “nope, going back home.” :D
    It has ~10.5K miles on it and is pristine, also with a second set of wheels (I put on black 5-spoke wheels but still have the OE). It is a little unusual in having black leather interior with red stitching.

Love the Speciale! Just the “best” (for me) mid-rear engined V8 they have ever made IMO. (By best for me I mean still feel okay with loading on the miles.)

I am at my mountain house now and in the garage is the 812SF sitting next to the Speciale...what a pair! What the hell am I doing typing on FChat I should be driving.......

plastique999 and Boots like this.