Pista Spider Production Numbers - What have you heard? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Pista Spider Production Numbers - What have you heard?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by nice, Oct 16, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. titanium430isback

titanium430isback Formula Junior

Oct 12, 2010
    The lussos to pista deal is only on the coupe not spider

leopoldo likes this.
  2. ppg70

ppg70 Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2017
    my dealer get 21 pista coupè and 7 pista spider....so same ratio of your dealer 3-1

and 4 Monza!!

3. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    I suspect that over time dealers will be able to swap some Pista allocations for Pista Spiders.
    They initially got the Pista allocations when the Pista spider was not existing, then they got the Pista spider allocations with the assumption that the Pista production numbers will not change.
    However if the demand is higher than initially expected by Ferrari for the Pista spider, I am not sure I understand why they should stick to their initial forecast. Since the Pista spider will be more expensive and make more money for them, adapting is the sensible choice to serve the shareholders (which is currently the highest priority).
    And supporting the demand for the Pista spider by making it appear more exclusive could be a good marketing trick...

4. kevin1244

kevin1244 Formula Junior

Mar 7, 2008
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    KAA
    Porsche GT2 RS was supposedly not a limited production car; good luck getting one from any dealer. The total number manufactured makes it a Limited Production car no matter how you look at it. Same with Pista and Pista Spiders. It's a one year run, Spiders much fewer than coupes, perhaps 1500 Pistas and 300-400 Spiders. However, my guess as good as anyone's. Unless you are a high level executive at Ferrari, you won't know. It makes sense not to leak such information.

5. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Disagree. It will never be an LE without the plaque and therefore never be as collectable as the SA. They will pump out as many as they can which is why it is not numbered and in the wake of the hybrid replacement which will far exceed the PA in every metric except perhaps initial profit margin. If the economy goes the way many predict and you paid $500K for a PA and the new replacement is in another league for close to the same money things will get dicey. Many hunches here but more likely than not.

6. F12KID

F12KID F1 Rookie
    Owner

Nov 27, 2013
    Less aperta to be built than coupe

7. F12KID

F12KID F1 Rookie
    Owner

Nov 27, 2013
    More like 3:1 sir

8. leopoldo

leopoldo Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2013
    Full Name:
    mark1
    For what i guess Ferrari is changing strategy .. numbered LE cars only for the very expensive model ( over 1 m ? ) and the other “ special “ model will be always small production of cars but not anymore numbered. I really think , that if this will be the direction, a spider pista is and will be a collectible car , because if they are going to produce less than 1000 pcs , of course a pista spider will be very rare ( for ex. f40 turbo has been produced in over 1300 pcs ). We already saw that Ferrari is starting to produce very expensive numbered LE cars ( SP1 , SP2 and probably other variants of those , than again the new 2019 LaFerrari etc ) , my guess , again , is that they are really rasing the bar for what will be a numbered Ferrari, because they have understood that today there are more people available to invest over 1 milion of Euros in a numbered LE Ferrari car.

About who is saying that there will be plenty of pista spider i am not agree because i personally know many important Ferrari consumers and VIP that they were not able to have an allocation of this car , than ... i don’t have the cristal ball but i will bet that Ferrari will not boost the allocations for this model .

Caeruleus11 and j09333 like this.
  9. F12KID

F12KID F1 Rookie
    Owner

Nov 27, 2013
    Exactly why I took a pista spider day 1 when it was offered to me

Now to spec it - lol

10. MrFloppi

MrFloppi Karting

Mar 15, 2014
    Congratulations

Any ideas on the spec right now?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

11. F12KID

F12KID F1 Rookie
    Owner

Nov 27, 2013
    Giallo triple stratto as exterior colour. Heading to Atelier to finalise

12. MrFloppi

MrFloppi Karting

Mar 15, 2014
    Very good decision!
    Greetings to Raluca - she does a great job

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

13. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    The most valuable cars in Ferrari history were not numbered. The numbering thing is a relatively modern phenomenon. It is only demand v supply that affects value and numbering is a (quite successful) technique to try and influence demand. If another car has more built, not numbered, but much higher demand it will be priced stronger than a numbered car with weaker demand.

Caeruleus11 and F12KID like this.
  14. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Agree. However, most Ferrari collectors with decent money reserves and wishing to reduce risk on capital target either hyper, vintage, or numbered LE. Modern production non-LE cars, although having initial high demand due to marketing, may over time be relegated to driver only status and traded for the next LE. The SA is lower risk than Speciale over time no doubt.

Bundy and Lukeylikey like this.
  15. leopoldo

leopoldo Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2013
    Full Name:
    mark1
    Any update ? Seems the total production will be around 800/900 pcs

16. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    Pista coupe picture thread is 223 pages and Pista Spider picture thread is 34 if that helps!

Caeruleus11, italiafan and leopoldo like this.
  17. BG23

BG23 Formula Junior

Jun 16, 2015
    Australia
    that seems about right based on deliveries of the aperta vs spider numbers in my location.

leopoldo likes this.
  18. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    If you break down the small number of cars to each respective region/country you will see that both the coupe and the spider are relatively scarce. Future values have many variables and only time will tell.

19. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Umm. Was with 2 guys from local dealer for lunch - “theyre making a ton of them...”

Bundy likes this.
  20. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    What is a ton? 1000? 2000? worldwide? How do you define a ton? I am assuming you are spending time with some sales person who doesn't know jack. They spout off whatever they hear in the break room. Do you really think Ferrari corp is sharing this info at this level?

21. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Right its low production and they dont want anyone to know since they’re public now.

22. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    What is low or high production? How do you define a ton?

23. U-Boat Commander

U-Boat Commander Formula 3

Jun 7, 2008
    USA
    Clearly, this Pista Spider is not as exclusive as TTFF's 360 and 456. Duh.

Gh21631 likes this.
  24. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    750 total cars is low. 3k total cars is a ton.

25. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Maybe you can teach me about low production- what do you have thats low?