Pista-STO- 765LT- AMG Black series | FerrariChat

Pista-STO- 765LT- AMG Black series

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by SoCal to az, Nov 24, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    One?
    All?
    None? Something else?
    Why?
    Why not?

Go!

2. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Stirring the pot Sam Maro Engel's hot lap at the Ring in the AMG GT BS was next level

SoCal to az likes this.
  3. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Speciale

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bas, carguyjohn350, paulchua and 5 others like this.
  4. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Just so many great choices right now. For me- here is the breakdown:

Pista yes. Last non hybrid special edition V8 Ferrari. It’s a long term keeper for me.

STO- no for me. Can’t fit in a lambo.

765LT- no for me. Since I already own a 720, it’s Not special enough over a regular 720 to justify the cost for replacement.

Black Series- seriously considering this. Might be able to get an allocation. Used to own an SLS and loved it. Sold it and miss it. Black series is special.

Id add the new GT3 to the mix. Love that manual.

Jordan68, LARRYH, WARPSPEED and 2 others like this.
  5. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Eddie can chip in but I owned an AMG GTS and really liked it.

I think you can fit in the STO and would really like it. Dont count it out until you go for a drive in the sport seats. My helmet rubs in my 580-2 so looking forward to more space.

6. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    My buddy owns a Perf. I’ve sat in it. Can I fit? Sure. I can squeeze in. But compared to the other cars I’m just not comfortable. Shame really as I would
    Love to add a lambo to the garage at some point.

Jordan68, Napoli and Surfah like this.
  7. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I’ll add this- I may be in the minority but I’m actually looking forward to the Ferrari V6 little brother. Curious to see how it looks.

8. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    You are in the minority I was going to place a deposit on the MC20 until i really thought can I go from a NAV10 to a TTV6 hybrid. Testdrive awaits wont pass judgement until then.

Thecadster likes this.
  9. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Dude! I’m selling my AMG GTS... we are on a roll!

10. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Where’s the ‘dislike’ button

Thecadster and SoCal to az like this.
  11. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    You know there's medication for ADD

12. SLDriver

SLDriver Formula Junior

May 1, 2005
    1. Pista - Insane performance and (in my eyes) one of the most stunning Ferrari's ever produced.
    2. STO - Looks wild, raw and the NA V10.
    3. AMG Black Series - How can you go wrong with a Mercedes BS?
    4. 765LT - Scared it might blow up. :p

Igor Ound likes this.
  13. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    1. 765LT. Yes It strikes me as being a legit track car. Its track focused styling is well integrated into the modern design. My jury is out on the reliability, but the spec of the car looks at least up to the task. So i'm in for sure. Looks also to be a keeper.
    2. Pista. Yes. For the reason its arguably the best looking Ferrari ever made and, it goes hard enough. Hasn't struck me as being cost efficient for regular track work but it's certainly a great road car so far which is where I've found it feels more comfortable. I will keep this one.
    AMG Black series. even though I give it huge respect I'm not hugely fond of the front face and the whole long bonnet thing. So probably no.
    STO. No. Can't see it even though i would like to see a Lambo in my fleet at one stage in the game. Whilst I like the general ethos of the car, ergonomically its a shocker and its far too expensive for what it represents. It looks fine from front on in poster shots but in real life the boy racer look appears poorly integrated. The old looking droopy rear end and, the side on semi hunch back view, is also not very appealing. Have yet to see any lambo hold up on track so am not sold this one will be any different.

14. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
  15. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    john a barnes likes this.
  16. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    I am voting with my wallet as I have a 765LT and a STO on order. I really like the Pista. In many respects, I consider it to be the absolute best modern Ferrari. At some point, I might add one. As I have mentioned previously, I really wanted an allocation for a Pista, but was unsuccessful. Fast forward, the 765LT and STO just interest me much more than the Pista. With the 765LT I get to diversify brands (I already have an 812) and that car stands to be the fastest, and most brutal performing of all those cars. With the STO, I get to move even closer still to the mystical “race car for the road” and I just love the styling. The AMG BS is a stunner and a track tour de force, but I could NEVER get past the sound it makes. I simply cannot understand why they did not engineer better sound out of an otherwise perfect car. I’m also very interested in a 992 GT variant, probably RS. However, I worry that having no relationship in place, I would encounter even worse challenges than I did when trying to secure a Pista. I probably missed my window, as that car has a long list of deposits I’m sure.

It’s a wonderful time to be an enthusiast. So many options. So much variety. And every car is so unique. I am racing to gather up as many of these cars as possible (as space and funds permit), because, unlike SoCal, the cars of the future leave me cold. I do not have any interest in a hybrid V6 Ferrari or a hybrid V8 Lamborghini. Perhaps, that might change, but for now, I love the current generation cars, and cannot get enough of them.

17. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    All except STO which is tbd. Agree that it seems overpriced for what it is, and I also struggle with the rear and rear 3/4 view for the same reasons you cited. The roof scoop (engine compartment air duct?) further exaggerates the vertical bias of the car’s proportions.

18. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Get an Urus, I do miss mine. Great family car and DD.

Jordan68 and Coincid like this.
  19. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    These cars are all cool and quiet capable. However I’m not a track rat, so while interested- not in the market for any of them. Of the current offerings, an 812 speaks to me the most and will probably be my next purchase.

20. Ash Patel

Ash Patel Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2015
    Stockholm, Sweden
    1. STO or SLS AMG BS
    4. 765 & Pista --> not special enough which some has to do with the fact that I can't stand cars that farts their way around :)

21. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    I actually fully agree with Shadow.

22. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    No interest in the BS. Not fond of the aesthetics at all. Looks like a regular AMG with all kinds of unsightly aero and livery. How can it be compared to a Pista, or 765 ?

Makuono likes this.
  23. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Because it has the same HP, similar price point and fast AF.

Boomhauer likes this.
  24. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    How can it not be compared with those? 4.0 twin turbo V8 with 700+ hp, mid engined, track focused etc. Aside from the sound, which I agree is a disaster, it’s a rather complete package. I also wish they could have shed a few more pounds. Looks are subjective but I personally love it.

SoCal to az likes this.
  25. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    Probably the 765lt although I would be worried about Mclaren quality and financial condition.

Pista would be close second.

STO too boy racer and not a great street car.

MB Black Series no way I'm paying $400,000 for a hopped up GT.

Jordan68 and Juan06807 like this.