Pista-STO- 765LT- AMG Black series | Page 35 | FerrariChat

Pista-STO- 765LT- AMG Black series

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by SoCal to az, Nov 24, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    @soulsea has your car arrived yet? Mine was apparently built last month but no word yet from my dealer on actual delivery timing.

2. soulsea

soulsea Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 14, 2018
    Not yet. Mine was built back in April but had been waiting for chips and whatnot on the other side of the Atlantic. Build code changed last week so expecting it to ship in the next couple of weeks. Hoping for September delivery.

It will be this but with the orange accents inside. (won't post the vid to avoid you having to hear his voice) :)

Image Unavailable, Please Login

mdrums, Gh21631 and ScrappyB like this.
  3. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    Great spec. Mine was going to be a toss up between the launch High Tech Silver (called Cirrus silver in the US) or graphite grey magno like yours. Oddly, graphite grey wasn’t an option for Canadian cars so I went for silver with orange interior accents.

soulsea likes this.
  4. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    Add a Pista, 765 and 2RS and you’d have yourself a royal flush.

5. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Its only a car. If you like it, drive it well. If not, you get your money back. End of story. One man's Sofia Vergara is anothers Rosie O'Donnell.

ScrappyB likes this.
  6. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    Unlike the 765 which I’ve read is a ‘transcendent experience’

Thecadster and Coincid like this.
  7. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    The 765 is not only a car. It is a pathway to nirvana.

Thecadster likes this.
  8. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
  9. SLDriver

SLDriver Formula Junior

May 1, 2005
    Not my collection, it belongs to someone I know on IG. Wasn't sure if he wanted his profile posted on here so I didn't post the source. :)

Ash Patel and Thecadster like this.
  10. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    It seems that Verde Turbine is a popular colour on the STO.

SoCal to az, Boots and Thecadster like this.
  11. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Itd be my last choice in color - looks bloody terrible. Jww does a great review though.

12. RoyalPink

RoyalPink Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Mar 18, 2019
    Southern Utah
    Full Name:
    John D.
    Not to keen on the glass being 20% thinner. It's the same on the Black Series as well. That means it's going to be a nightmare and costly to get replacement glass. Too bad because there are a fair amount of Huracans and AMG GTs which would make obtaining replacement glass fairly routine. Not in this case with specialized glass however. Sure they save 5 pounds or so on paper but it will be the customer dealing with the hassle when one gets broken or cracked.

13. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    I always get a clear wrap for the windscreen and its saved me on many occasions

Gh21631, Thecadster and maxemus like this.
  14. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #865 Shadowfax, Jul 27, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2021
    What stood out in JWW's vid is how short the rev band the STO sounded to be unless he was not hitting anywhere near the 8500 limit - ...although it seemed like he was. It also clearly lacked the level of crescendo you'd hear in a V12 Ferrari or 3rs as they reach toward their limit and hit that limiter. These two sound like their engine's have a much wider rev band and a far more explosive sound at the top end of the rev range with awesome crescendo. The Lambo whilst still good, does sound quite dull and flat in comparison even though there is volume inside the cabin. Maybe it's just a trait of the v10? It would appear that if sound was a key reason for buying this particular model then one may well find themselves better off looking elsewhere.

15. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    I think it’s a characteristic of the V10. While I’ve never driven one, the videos I’ve watched gives me the impression that the car is often being short shifted, when in reality it’s not. It’s as if redline occurs at the start of the crescendo… a tease of sorts.

It does sound amazing though - particularly the intake noise that’s very apparent, even through videos.

Shadowfax likes this.
  16. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
  17. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    The sound of the STO, is not nearly what it is in the EVO RWD or the Performante.It is more civilized overall but most significantly it is more midrange and upper midrange predominate compared to the previous upper lower frequencies and lower midrange . There is a greater preponderance of whine compared to the previous growl. There seemed to be an absence of any pops or bangs but most significantly when hitting the upper limits, it was exceptionally reserved while previously it resembled a pride of lions hunting prey.The ferocity of the engine note has been noticeably tamed and refined. Still highly satisfying, especially compared to most current turbo offerings, but not as feral and unleashed as the Peromante and EVO.

18. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    WOW !!!

19. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
  20. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
  21. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Regarding the sound, I am almost certain he was short shifting. It didnt sound like he was anywhere near the redline.

Thecadster and Coincid like this.
  22. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Maybe your right or it could be the lower gearing keeping the full range of rev bursts shorter and easier to reach quicker. Ultimately the proof of any pudding is in the eating but I was expecting to hear more of a wail out of the engine like what you'd hear in a v12 or 3rs as the revs build and reach peak, and when at that peak sound like the engine is about to explode. I wasn't hearing any of that in the STO, just noise being wrung out between shifts. It wasn't bad but certainly wouldn't say it was wow material. It reminded me a bit like hearing a chainsaw at full noise rather than anything particularly exotic or seductive in note.

PS 765 looks great but I cant see myself swapping my coupe for it.

Gh21631 likes this.
  23. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Spider looks good. Ive always been a coupe guy. This will be my first convertible. Excite.

tekaefixe, AD211, Gh21631 and 2 others like this.
  24. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Everything highly attractive, looks better topless.

Shack likes this.