Pista-STO- 765LT- AMG Black series | Page 43 | FerrariChat

Pista-STO- 765LT- AMG Black series

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by SoCal to az, Nov 24, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East

The 458 is beautiful and fun and it may be enough car for many but others like myself prefer more performance not just sound. I am older than you and still feel this way although I would go for a Speciale rather than a 458. If you want something raw, the Scud is more immersive than a 458 in every way.

GT2goneF likes this.
  2. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I wish. I won’t lie. It’s painful. On so many levels.

Jo Sta7 likes this.
  3. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I had a rock hit my 765, luckily only very minor and repairable damage to carbon front splitter but still, without car for a while. I feel your pain. These rocks on the road are getting absurd. Coupled with my occasional habit of driving 180+ (inches per second) and it can cause issues.

mdrums and Thecadster like this.
  4. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    Dude, 180 inches per second is like 10 miles per hour. Aunt Tillie used to drive her ‘62 Chevy faster (both hands in the wheel, of course).

But sorry about the rocks. I agree with the lack of road maintenance. In FL we get heat rippling, and it rattles your fillings.

My 458 has some battle scars, thankfully not in the same league as your 765. Play on……….

5. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Update:

720 has been sold. Got an email that they are trying to get my 765 into production this week. Im not holding my breath cause my car has a bunch of MSO options so that will no doubt take longer. But if it does go into production this week, likely its on a boat by the end of the month and in my hands sometime in November? Would be a great anniversary gift for me. :). Fingers crossed. Here are the final renderings of the car. Custom 1 of 1 Dove Spark color with Azurra Blue highlights and painted fin. MSO Blue Alcantara custom interior with Senna seats and Modica Blue tinted carbon on inside. Exterior is black pack. Orange highlights scattered throughout with the logo, seatbelts and painted carbon sill. The vin number is a combination of my wife's birthday (the 18th) and my birthday (the 9th). I miss my 720 but this should make up for it.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Scudmsl, D11, mdrums and 13 others like this.
  6. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Those blue seats are magnificent! That paint will be blinding in the sunshine, thank you for sharing here.

SoCal to az likes this.
  7. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Attached is the original color and the modified. We added blue tint to the gray and large sparkle.

This is the actual color palate that I created for the build. Black pack with blue Alcantara seats and Modica blue tinted carbon on each and every interior piece.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Here you can see the custom color against the standard color that was available. The sparkle and blue is going to pop and compliment the interior.

JackCongo, mdrums, GT2goneF and 6 others like this.
  8. kbaillie

kbaillie Karting

Nov 4, 2009
    To say that is *stunning* is an understatement! Such a FUN build while being super tasteful. Can't wait to see pics of it after you take delivery...hopefully very soon!

GT2goneF and SoCal to az like this.
  9. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Thank you! I very much appreciate it. While Im hopeful the delivery is in November, I think it will be closer to December.

GT2goneF and kbaillie like this.
  10. kbaillie

kbaillie Karting

Nov 4, 2009
    I'm with you in preferring a Speciale over the 458, if street driving was all I ever did. That said, I thought long and hard about budget vs use case, and came to the conclusion that the 458 Spider hit my personal sweet spot.

Having raced cars for quite a number of years, my personal feeling is that I'll never get the same visceral rush from *performance* out of a car on the street as I will on the race track. And, on the race track, I'll never get the same rush out of a street car (no matter how fast it is) as I will out of a purpose-built race car. So, deductive reasoning led me to getting a street car that has stellar engagement/thrill factor while also being comfortable for the street, leaving budget available for playing with purpose-built machines on the track.

That's my own personal calculus, obviously, and I think it's pretty incredible that we're all fortunate enough to be able to weigh all of our own factors and enjoy the spectacular machines in the way that's best for each of us.

As for the Scud...it may be my next "add" to the garage. The wife will likely hate riding in it, so it can't replace the 458, but I'm not sure I'll be able to resist its lure for much longer... :cool:

Scudmsl, GT2goneF, ScrappyB and 2 others like this.
  11. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    You’ve inspired me. On my next Mclaren build I’ll 100% be doing a custom color.

GT2goneF, ScrappyB, Shack and 2 others like this.
  12. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Night and day with the standard paint color vs your build choice from those images you included. The Sparkle is definitely there but subtle. Stars with that paint in the sunshine and stars at night when you lower the top. The coupe guys are going to be missing out on the fun.
    I keep going back to look at those blue seats...:cool::cool:

GT2goneF likes this.
  13. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    yeah- why not! Make it unique.

GT2goneF likes this.
  14. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    The blue doesn’t render well. It looks much better in person. Or Atleast I hope so! Lol

of2worlds likes this.
  15. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    That is going to be incredible.

SoCal to az likes this.
  16. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    You'll never look back at the 720

SoCal to az, GT2goneF and Coincid like this.
  17. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    Rocks are one thing, flash floods another
    That looks really great and I love the details like the VIN. Congratulations and enjoy it in good health.

GT2goneF, Gh21631 and SoCal to az like this.
  18. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    There are a few other Easter eggs hidden on the car. Couple of speedy kiwis on the head rest for example. Unfortunately they’re vinyl from the factory cause they won’t paint on tinted carbon. They made an exception for the sills.

Lukeylikey, of2worlds and Jo Sta7 like this.
  19. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    At least I have my GT2!!!!!

20. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Still no F8???? Bro! It’s been like a year??

AD211 likes this.
  21. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Not a year yet. I went to the shop 2 weeks ago. Entire front done, engine bay done. Thi weeks one rear quarter panel done. Of course, I am my own worst enemy... So what did I do? I asked him to do more in the engine bay and the "boot" ("frunk liners"). Somebody put me in a straight jacket. You can't leave kids unsupervised in Toys R Us and expect them to behave.

of2worlds likes this.
  22. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I mean- what the hell are you actually doing to the car? What does do morein the engine bay mean??and the boot? Do what exactly?

Thecadster and AD211 like this.
  23. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Ok- I had a couple of folks message me about the blue interior and their concern. Lol. As I stated, the rendering does not do the interior justice. Its not as bright as it seems and the blue carbon is no where near what it is in real life. I found a picture that I think better represents the blue carbon interior. Im super confident this will look great.

On the left is a Senna with Blue Modica tinted carbon. The seat inserts are not quite what Im doing- they are leather and im doing alcantara- but you get the idea. In real life looks much much better.

of2worlds, SLDriver and Jo Sta7 like this.
  24. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    At least you’re well liked enough here that people are genuinely concerned for you about the spec of a new car lol

GT2goneF and SoCal to az like this.
  25. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Update- looks like January production with January/February delivery. Bummer. Was hoping it would be sooner but oh well.

SLDriver likes this.