Pista-STO- 765LT- AMG Black series | Page 47 | FerrariChat

Pista-STO- 765LT- AMG Black series

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by SoCal to az, Nov 24, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
  2. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    I just cancelled my SF90 and put the funds into buying a Kia and 700 shares of Tesla.

3. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    #1153 Lukeylikey, Oct 20, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2021
    SF90 is brilliant. Respect to CH but he is not really a Ferrari hybrid kinda guy. His objections are odd. This time he objects to the first car (Top Gear TV test) being calibrated different to this one (Top Gear multi test), he says it’s like they are still developing it. The first was a standard car, the second an AF car with multimatic suspension - absolutely totally different. Feels like he’s trying to be critical just for what the car stands for. I don’t regret for a second buying ours. I just bought a mint 1973 911E and also have a 512M. I love old school driving thrills and those are both cars CH loves too, so my reference points are not invalid. The SF90 is truly rewarding car to drive quickly. We just did 2k miles around Spain and Portugal. It’s better than Speciale, Pista, 488, F8. The only other car that might have been a better choice is the GTS for its sound, space and open roof. But the pace and controllability of the SF90 in the mountains is like nothing I’ve ever driven before. Normally it’s hard to separate cars driving fast against each other on the road. Not so with the SF90. It just walks away from everything else. You could argue there are a lot of electronics helping but do we really think that the Speciale, Pista (and of course the LT) avoid that? I had a great time, whatever Chris says :)

Good luck with the Kia.

4. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
  5. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    mdrums likes this.
  6. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    Thanks. I can’t say I know what colour that Performante is. I’m not overly familiar with their extended palette.

of2worlds likes this.
  7. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    That looks great. I’m thinking of doing our next car in a similar colour scheme. Congrats, hope you enjoy.

ScrappyB likes this.
  8. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Hard to say for sure. Could be Blu Nila (glossy metallic fleck) or Blu Le Mans (glossy flat). I am leaning towards the latter.

of2worlds likes this.
  9. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH

Thanks for finding that video by Heather! Yes it does seem to be Blu Le Mans as the photos make the car paint appear darker than it really was.

Thecadster likes this.
  10. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    If anyone followed my advice capital gain would be today $113,400 US, less the price of the Kia.

of2worlds likes this.
  11. Condor Man

Condor Man F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 8, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Spain and Portugal….. have you decided to wear the same close everyday? LOL!!

Or is someone going to car your luggage in a chase vehicle??

May the Horse be with you

12. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    Actually, we managed 6 days with our own luggage no problem, just need to think creatively! We then had more friends arrive including a luggage truck so we could complete the trip :) You can get a full size suit carrier in the front for dresses etc. Two soft bags on the rear shelf (we used 812 TM luggage bags with the sharp bits taped up to protect the CF) and a third small soft bag between the passenger’s legs! Not sure what you would do in a spider though. It was fine, and more comfortable than some other cars we have used according to my wife (especially GT3RS).

Incidentally, there was a conversation on one of the threads in this section about the merits or otherwise of Chris Harris’s views on the SF90, which to me seem odd - he drove the standard car and then the AF car and complained that “the SF90 is calibrated differently, like they are improving it as they go along”. Here is a piece where he is interviewed by TG magazine. Very natural, his views put simply, without the need for TV drama. His views here make lots of sense and while the main theme is Valkyrie or T50, he talks about what the issues really are with electric hyper cars v conventional and references, among others, the SF90/918. This is him at his best IMO, excellent piece.

JackCongo, Condor Man and of2worlds like this.
  13. Condor Man

Condor Man F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 8, 2006
    Los Angeles

Thank you for sharing this.

I always found the F12 the best to tour Europe in for 2 weeks plus. The 812 GTS which I have incoming has significantly less space than the 812 SF.

My wife too hates the GT3 RS, however they definitely have heaps of luggage space in the rear.

Hyper Cars and luggage have always had a problem with the amount of storage.

I will watch Chris's vid now. Thanks again

Lukeylikey likes this.
  14. soulsea

soulsea Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 14, 2018
    Full Name:
    @soulseainsc
  15. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
  16. soulsea

soulsea Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 14, 2018
    Full Name:
    @soulseainsc
  17. Boots

Boots Formula 3

Jan 17, 2020
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jake
    Looks like Blue Le Mans to me.

of2worlds likes this.
  18. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    STO arrived last week. Blu Cepheus over Arancia California with black roof, pillars, etc. (Livery 3 Package)

Still breaking it in, but my initial impressions are quite favorable. Throttle response, brakes, DCT, driver position all excellent. Sport seats a huge plus. Feels lighter and a bit more responsive in the back than the 458. Definitely homologated….this car needs a track or twisty drive. Goes in for full PPF and window tint in a few weeks.

The 458 feels a bit GT like in comparison, but it’s a keeper.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Spider68, mdrums, BJK and 12 others like this.
  19. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    Spider68, BJK, Caeruleus11 and 12 others like this.
  20. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Thecadster likes this.
  21. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    Thank you. It’s volcano orange….. and close - Canada!

22. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    the STO is sulking already!

ScrappyB likes this.
  23. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Such a great color in person, pics don't do it justice.

ScrappyB likes this.
  24. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Damn! Good choice on VO. My friend has it on his 675LT and 675LTS and it’s stunning. I love all the carbon. Perfect spec. How did you spec the interior, anything special?

ScrappyB likes this.
  25. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    Thanks. Interior is very basic. Black alcantara and stitching. P1 buckets.

of2worlds and Jo Sta7 like this.